Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want the old Exalted system back

WaveOz

On 2018-06-18 at 1:44 AM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And yet what I stated is entirely true and collectors will have to forma each variant separately. Just think how painful Titania Prime will be one day. Also, meta frames like Mesa can't be left unforma'd while we wait for her Prime version so you will have to forma the regular and then the Prime later..

Forma is not exactly hard to get and leveling exalted weapons is really easy.

I threw 3 or 4 Forma on my Mesas Regulators in like 20 minutes without trying too hard.

22 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I have, since their release.

Since they work just by equipping them on your normal melee weapon you have all the slots free on your Unique still. With my build I get 75% additional modded crit based on combo.

Given it doesn't actually cost me any mod slots (aside from the two on my frame) why would I not use them? :clem:

I guess, but to each their own :clem:

On 2018-06-16 at 8:37 PM, renatro said:

When they first announced this new system i thought that it was going to benefit us in one way or another, i could also see where people were coming form when they were complain about it. It is only now that the resent update brought that rework that i realize how right these people complaining about the change were. Not only does it takes extra forma to upgrade the exalted weapons, it doesn't even gives you extra xp nor removes the capacity cap to these weapons.

This update feels more like a ripoff than a QoL change. good thing I've only upgraded the new umbra exalted blade. which has showed me how much of a pain in the ass upgrading all the other exalted weapons will be

CHANGE IT BACK!

You know what else this gives us including the requirement of more forma.  It gives us flexibility.  It ACTUALLY makes wukongs staff viable for a melee weapon.  It allows us to actually use Titania to a FAR greater capacity, considering her melee is FRIGHTENINGLY OP right now.  And Mesa is able to tweak her regulators as she sees fit. 

Now to top it all if your a ZAW guy like I am you can STILL use the arcane on your exalted as well.  OR a the very least Excal can I haven't fully delved into the others yet.  But you just have to have your original zaw melee equipped. 

THEN AGAIN the higher your MR in game the less you feel in terms of forma.  Will still need them ofc but if we ever get to MR 30 everyone will notice that an unranked weapon will have all of its capacity unlocked and available for use.

ON another thought WHY on earth did you think they would allow an UNLIMITED capacity for the exalted weapons?  IF we rolled back time before this update launched what you were previously using wasn't UNLIMITED capacity.  If they weren't limited there would be ZERO point in using any frame that didn't have an exalted weapon.

It might be forma hell, but no way I want the old system back. I often use unranked weaps with no catalyst, or guns with rivens. No way I am bringing a statstick to boost my frame's E-Peen gain power.

Just learn to appreciate Hydron/Bere/Sanctuary Onslaught and the forma farming. Or just learn to squeeze mods and get maximum bang for the buck on a tight budget. Exalted weapons don't need min max to be powerful anyway.

It kinda is good, makes you free to choose the respective weapons. E.g. i only quick melee most of the time, so blood rush and body count kinda mods are useless, but they do shine when i pull out exalted weapons. So now i could mod my melee for quick melees, and exalteds with those mods, knowing full well i'll be meleeing exclusively.

5 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

Forma is not exactly hard to get and leveling exalted weapons is really easy.

I threw 3 or 4 Forma on my Mesas Regulators in like 20 minutes without trying too hard.

Forma isn't hard to acquire but it's not easy either. For new players it is nearly impossible to acquire and only after you have opened so many relics that you don't need the prime parts is it worth grabbing the forma. Besides, forma is a common build requirement at this point so it's not even just for weapons and frames.

Additionally, the 24 hour build timer on Forma is from a much earlier version of the game and it needs to be reduced to at least 22 hours as this gives players a chance to have some sort of schedule. All it takes is being late one day and you likely lose a whole day for that week. It's fine asking players to log in every day, but DE needs to respect their time as well. The 24 hour build timer does not.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

For new players it is nearly impossible to acquire and only after you have opened so many relics that you don't need the prime parts is it worth grabbing the forma.

There is slight problem with this argument.  That is that newer players rarely if ever have fully ranked mods to even need forma.  That's even if they have the mods for a complete build at all.  

So they don't need to worry about forma because they need the mods and endo first.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
grammar correction

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Forma isn't hard to acquire but it's not easy either. For new players it is nearly impossible to acquire and only after you have opened so many relics that you don't need the prime parts is it worth grabbing the forma. Besides, forma is a common build requirement at this point so it's not even just for weapons and frames.

Additionally, the 24 hour build timer on Forma is from a much earlier version of the game and it needs to be reduced to at least 22 hours as this gives players a chance to have some sort of schedule. All it takes is being late one day and you likely lose a whole day for that week. It's fine asking players to log in every day, but DE needs to respect their time as well. The 24 hour build timer does not.

as @DatDarkOne said. new player are not exactly in the need for Forma from the very beginning.

and by the point they need Forma they have enough relics to "waste" a few to get Forma instead of a prime part

as for the 24 hour build time. you seem to try to make it into a bigger issue than it is.

I build Forma when I can and build them up over time. it's not exactly terrible to not build a forma one day of the week if you already have a few. It's not like you need forma every day of the week.

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

There is slight problem with this argument.  That is that newer players rarely if ever have fully ranked mods to even need forma.  That's even if they have the mods for a complete build at all.  

So they don't need to worry about forma because they need the mods and endo first.  

To be fair some players get traded leveled mods so the endo isn't even required but the forma is. It's incorrect to make the assumption that every new player must do everything on their own.

I'm now familiar with the new player experience now but does the game give new players forma at any point?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

To be fair some players get traded leveled mods so the endo isn't even required but the forma is. It's incorrect to make the assumption that every new player must do everything on their own.

I'm now familiar with the new player experience now but does the game give new players forma at any point?

I have an alt account that is still fairly low level.  It has shown me quite a few things that I had previously taken for granted.  

One of those is just how little credits I have to craft stuff and use for trade tax in trading.  Interestingly enough, forma is something that I have 4 of and still got some BPs to craft more.  

What is stopping me is not having enough materials, credits, and endo.  

So, I know exactly what I'm talking about when I said what I did in my earlier post.  Because I'm going through that very thing on my second account. 

edit: As of yesterday, on my alt I just ran out of credits while crafting Saryn Prime parts after just getting the last Nitain that I needed.  True story.  LOL

Edited by DatDarkOne

22 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have an alt account that is still fairly low level.  It has shown me quite a few things that I had previously taken for granted.  

One of those is just how little credits I have to craft stuff and use for trade tax in trading.  Interestingly enough, forma is something that I have 4 of and still got some BPs to craft more.  

What is stopping me is not having enough materials, credits, and endo.  

So, I know exactly what I'm talking about when I said what I did in my earlier post.  Because I'm going through that very thing on my second account. 

edit: As of yesterday, on my alt I just ran out of credits while crafting Saryn Prime parts after just getting the last Nitain that I needed.  True story.  LOL

Yeah, I have friends that start so I trade them stuff when they are new. Farming credits isn't that bad for trading, but it does get you when crafting.

On 2018-06-16 at 10:37 PM, renatro said:

When they first announced this new system i thought that it was going to benefit us in one way or another, i could also see where people were coming form when they were complain about it. It is only now that the resent update brought that rework that i realize how right these people complaining about the change were. Not only does it takes extra forma to upgrade the exalted weapons, it doesn't even gives you extra xp nor removes the capacity cap to these weapons.

This update feels more like a ripoff than a QoL change. good thing I've only upgraded the new umbra exalted blade. which has showed me how much of a pain in the ass upgrading all the other exalted weapons will be

CHANGE IT BACK!

I still prefer this Exalted System because the Old one made Acolyte and Rivens useless with a Exalted Weapon Frame since they took the mods from your weapons to scale. Now, we can rely on our Acolyte or Riven modded weapon and still get high damage from our Exalted weapons. Definitely less Limiting to our normal Weapons and have better access in Damage for our Exalted Weapons.