Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crashing after recent hotfix

SupImNude

So ive benchmarked nearly everything on my pc and tested other programs, updated drivers and windows updates, diskcleaned and defragged, and no joy.  One of the hotfixes changed something and didnt allow me to load into a sortie, I ended up reinstalling warframe because it also wouldnt let me verify files.  Now I can get into other missions, but not in plains of eidolon, and again, when i try to verify the files it crashes and will sometimes bsod.  I do not think it is my harddrive as my system is working fine aside from the launcher causing it problems, hdtune reports nothing, and checkdisk and sfc /scannow have no issues.  I have also reinstalled all the redistr and directx9.

It gave me this WAR-1826797  after crashing one of the most recent times.  Not sure what else to do anyone else have/solve this problem?  There was no issue until one of the hotfixes, the sacrifice update and everything for the past few months have been no issue, but since the hotfix morning of june 16 its been impossible for me to get into poe or verify game cache.

On 2018-06-17 at 3:19 AM, SupImNude said:

It gave me this WAR-1826797  after crashing one of the most recent times. 

This crash is showing a ReadFileEx Error 1117 with one of your Warframe cache files. Just to confirm, did you run the checkdisk on C:\? Because this appears to be where the problem is originating from.  

With that said, is there any chance you could try reinstalling Warframe again? Except this time after you uninstall the game can you make sure your cache gets deleted as well? You'll want to make sure the following folders are deleted before reinstalling:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows\
C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Warframe\

Once they are gone, try installing Warframe again. If you still experience a crash then please reply with the WAR-####.

Thanks!

On 2018-06-18 at 1:21 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

This crash is showing a ReadFileEx Error 1117 with one of your Warframe cache files. Just to confirm, did you run the checkdisk on C:\? Because this appears to be where the problem is originating from.  

With that said, is there any chance you could try reinstalling Warframe again? Except this time after you uninstall the game can you make sure your cache gets deleted as well? You'll want to make sure the following folders are deleted before reinstalling:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows\

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Warframe\

Once they are gone, try installing Warframe again. If you still experience a crash then please reply with the WAR-####.

Thanks!

It seems whatever was in appdata was causing the problem, because it seems? fixed now, havnt played much so I cant be sure, but the x86 file was deleted with the add/remove programs uninstall whereas the appdata was not.