Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't all kubrows/kavats be like khora's and not require maintenance?

cghawk

I don't know how other people feel but there are 2 things stopping me from using kubrows/kavats/helminth charger.

1. no vacuum, this I can live with it's mostly convenience
2. having to play space tamagotchi.

seriously I'm here to kill enemies in space, blow em up, slice em up, not here to play space tamagotchi, why do I need to feed them(dna stabilizers) which cost credits and interact with them

15 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

You have to use ~3 Stabilisers at the end of the month. Difficult is it?

it's tedious busy work for no reason, instead of talking down to me how about instead explaining why the system is in place

Edited by cghawk

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

it's tedious busy work

3 stabilisers is ''tedious busy work''? You press a button 3 times and you're done. Those 3 stabilisers cost... ~833 credits each. 

By this same vein playing the old Castanuke Trin must have been absolutely exhausting, right? How do you even manage to game? Inb4 it's just hyperbole.

The system is likely in place because DE want you to have slightly more meaningful interactions with your pet. Regardless, you're not going to solve anything with a thread in Off Topic.

Edited by DeMonkey

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

3 stabilisers is ''tedious busy work''? You press a button 3 times and you're done. Those 3 stabilisers cost... ~833 credits each. 

By this same vein playing the old Castanuke Trin must have been absolutely exhausting, right? How do you even manage to game? Inb4 it's just hyperbole.

The system is likely in place because DE want you to have slightly more meaningful interactions with your pet. Regardless, you're not going to solve anything with a thread in Off Topic.

it is because it's work you shouldn't have to do and if you forget to do it you screw over your animal companion.

don't even know what it is you're talking about, no idea what castanuke is.

they're not meaningful when they're forced

10 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

Lazy that what i can said to this little fellow.... DE just make the kubrow/kavat look real.. feed them/heal them/Injure when downed that look normal to me..... 

if I want to feed animals I'll feed my dogs and rabbits, if that isn't enough for me I'll play tamagotchi, if I however don't want to play feed your pet simulator I'll play action games like warframe, not space tamagotchi

Just now, cghawk said:

it is because it's work you shouldn't have to do and if you forget to do it you screw over your animal companion.

if I want to feed animals I'll feed my dogs and rabbits, if that isn't enough for me I'll play tamagotchi, if I however don't want to play feed your pet simulator I'll play action games like warframe, not space tamagotchi

That why player said warframe got all the game mode in 1 game... Having a pet and take care of it and ingame u will care about them....

28 minutes ago, cghawk said:

I shouldn't have to kill enemies to get loot. I shouldn't have to complete missions to get rewards.

Just because you say you ''shouldn't'' have to, doesn't mean it's true. Some people actually like these mechanics, just as some people actually enjoy killing enemies. You do not, congratulations. 

Edited by DeMonkey

42 minutes ago, Gnlstorm said:

That why player said warframe got all the game mode in 1 game... Having a pet and take care of it and ingame u will care about them....

I care about my real pets, not these fake pixel ones

37 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I shouldn't have to kill enemies to get loot. I shouldn't have to complete missions to get rewards.

Just because you say you ''shouldn't'' have to, doesn't mean it's true. Some people actually like these mechanics, just as some people actually enjoy killing enemies. You do not, congratulations. 

what a straw man

fine implement an option, if people feel the need to feed their virtual pets give them the option to, but no wait, options AAAH scary!

3 minutes ago, cghawk said:

what a straw man

fine implement an option, if people feel the need to feed their virtual pets give them the option to, but no wait, options AAAH scary!

Hardly a strawman, I logically extrapolated your blatant hyperbole and pointed out that just because you do not want to do something doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

But no, wait, 3 buttons and 2.5k credits AHHHH scary!

56 minutes ago, cghawk said:

what a straw man

It's not a straw man. This is not even a debate. 

Please don't start playing with logical fallacies because this S#&$ can be bound up forever in just how many you people excrete per hour. 

Edited by CupcakesMoo

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Hardly a strawman, I logically extrapolated your blatant hyperbole and pointed out that just because you do not want to do something doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

But no, wait, 3 buttons and 2.5k credits AHHHH scary!

comparison doesn't hold up, what you pointed out comes to the core gameplay loop of the game, you kill enemies for loot, if you got loot just for being logged into the game the game would cease to function, if companion animals ceased to be tamagotchi in space it would still function. Besides what hyperbole? to me the animal companion systme is tamagotchi in space, you have to interact with them and you have to feed them, that is tamagotchi, except in space

it's unnecessary and for me adds nothing to the game, in fact it detracts from the game, this pointless tamagotchi like system causes me to not use the system, apparently some people like it, fine have a toggle for that.

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

It's a plat & credit sink and a way to get players to return more often than they would otherwise.

isn't that what the login reward system is for?

3 hours ago, CupcakesMoo said:

It's not a straw man. This is not even a debate. 

Please don't start playing with logical fallacies because this S#&$ can be bound up forever in just how many you people excrete per hour. 

you're right it's not a debate because the comparison was stupid on their part.

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

if you got loot just for being logged into the game the game would cease to function,

I hear idle games are doing quite well tbh.

1 hour ago, cghawk said:

Besides what hyperbole?

8 hours ago, cghawk said:

it's tedious busy work

^ How is that not hyperbole? 3 buttons and 2.5k credits per month is not tedious busy work.

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I hear idle games are doing quite well tbh.

^ How is that not hyperbole? 3 buttons and 2.5k credits per month is not tedious busy work.

and this is not a idle game, perhaps if this was designed around a idle game it could work, but it's not.

how IS it hyperbole? to me it's tedious busy work since I have to interact with the bloody animal all the time as well lest it's damage levels drop to S#&$

6 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Since one doesn't spend platinum nor credits to participate in the login system, I'm gonna go with no.

fair point but if one were to login just to make sure their kubrow/kavat doesn't die why not put them in stasis? it's what I did.

Edited by cghawk

12 minutes ago, cghawk said:

how IS it hyperbole? to me it's tedious busy work since I have to interact with the bloody animal all the time as well lest it's damage levels drop to S#&$

Take better care of it? Don't let it die perhaps?

I mean, if you're having to interact with it all the time then maybe you should stop taking it into content it's clearly not going to survive in all the time.

See why I used the word hyperbole?

15 minutes ago, cghawk said:

-snip-

fair point but if one were to login just to make sure their kubrow/kavat doesn't die why not put them in stasis? it's what I did.

Well, when they first came out, it took hours to thaw them for use.  3 hours, if I recall, so people were reluctant to put them in stasis to begin with. It took months to get the incubator upgrade that just puts pets into the freezer when they hit a certain degradation. 

And it's only recently that the pups or kittens don't degrade or require maturation either. 

While the login system is geared toward getting people to login, many players find the rewards lackluster (like myself) and aren't motivated to log in.  But a pet that'll die, especially one I've yet to get full mastery out of, or have multiple forma and a potato?  Yeah, I'm logging in to keep that little monster alive.

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Take better care of it? Don't let it die perhaps?

I mean, if you're having to interact with it all the time then maybe you should stop taking it into content it's clearly not going to survive in all the time.

See why I used the word hyperbole?

kinda difficult when it's lvl 1 and runs all over the bloody place, I could do lvl 10-20 missions to not let it die but then again sentinels don't have this problem so why should kubrows/kavats? why must I limit myself to low missions and be bored. Besides the ''insensitive to make you login and care for it'' what other reason is there to have this system in place? if you want to go for realism then you're playing the wrong game, besides which if I wanted to feed dogs I'd feed my own dogs or work at a dog shelter

I still don't see it actually, it's not hyperbole if it actually happens, sure it's gotten less now that it's lvl 18 but it's still happening frequently since I tend to fight higher level enemies but I guess like you said I just shouldn't bring it to content and let it sleep in stasis forever, at least my sentinels don't require maintenance after they get destroyed which could also be a real thing! sentinel gets destroyed, oh oil it's parts up a bit, refresh it's armor, repair it etc etc yet we don't have such a system.

if you're so against the idea how about making it an option instead, an option whether you want to play space tamagotchi or not

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Well, when they first came out, it took hours to thaw them for use.  3 hours, if I recall, so people were reluctant to put them in stasis to begin with. It took months to get the incubator upgrade that just puts pets into the freezer when they hit a certain degradation. 

And it's only recently that the pups or kittens don't degrade or require maturation either. 

While the login system is geared toward getting people to login, many players find the rewards lackluster (like myself) and aren't motivated to log in.  But a pet that'll die, especially one I've yet to get full mastery out of, or have multiple forma and a potato?  Yeah, I'm logging in to keep that little monster alive.

it's surprising to see that reason, so you do eh feel? if that's the right word it, for the pet dying even if it's not real, be it because you care about the pet itself or because of the investment you put into it, didn't know that could be possible if so then it does make sense for people like you why it's in place.

Just now, cghawk said:

-snip-

it's surprising to see that reason, so you do eh feel? if that's the right word it, for the pet dying even if it's not real, be it because you care about the pet itself or because of the investment you put into it, didn't know that could be possible if so then it does make sense for people like you why it's in place.

It's a time investment.  I have a 5 Forma Raksa that I take to Mot sometimes.  Assuming i dont use any of my event, alert or login reward Forma, then that's a minimum of 5 days invested, just in the Forma. If that degraded into Kubrow goo, I'd be upset because I just lost a lot of time and resources and would have to start over.

I don't have an emotional attachment to the "animals", I have an attachment to the time and resources I've spent on it.  

28 minutes ago, cghawk said:

kinda difficult when it's lvl 1 and runs all over the bloody place, I could do lvl 10-20 missions to not let it die but then again sentinels don't have this problem so why should kubrows/kavats?

Yes, they do. Even more so because they can explode and that, iirc, stops them earning further xp that mission. A Kubrow/Kavat you can just keep picking up.

Hell, given how much more survivable Kubrows/Kavats are you should be able to take them into higher level content than your Sentinel tbh.

But seriously, you're taking a level 18 into high level missions and moaning about the repercussions of it dying. That's entirely on you. 

You've even stated that you're reviving it less as it levels, so wait till it's actually max before complaining about it dying alot.

I don't take a level 2 Excalibur into Mot and complain when I go down.

Edited by DeMonkey

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes, they do. Even more so because they can explode and that, iirc, stops them earning further xp that mission. A Kubrow/Kavat you can just keep picking up.

Hell, given how much more survivable Kubrows/Kavats are you should be able to take them into higher level content than your Sentinel tbh.

But seriously, you're taking a level 18 into high level missions and moaning about the repercussions of it dying. That's entirely on you. 

You've even stated that you're reviving it less as it levels, so wait till it's actually max before complaining about it dying alot.

I don't take a level 2 Excalibur into Mot and complain when I go down.

But you still take level 2 excaliburs to mot? 

Edited by CupcakesMoo

6 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

But you still take level 2 excaliburs to mot? 

Ofc, you don't?

What are you, a filthy tryhard who actually levels their gear at appropriate ranges before moving onto tougher content? You disgust me.