Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 6
DiabloPiotr

Best possible build for Exalted Umbra Blade, and Excalibur Umbra?

Question

Recommended Posts

Seems to be power strength only. Duration/efficiency for energy cost. Combo counter boosts damage but that will likely change in the melee update they are planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late post but this was my take on the weapon and frame.

The reason I don't use any other PS mods is because the dmg output is enough with chromatic blade. With this setup chromatic blade will have about 60% chance to proc corrosive, and 40% chance to proc blast (knockdown counts as another status effect) along with steel charge and passive is more then enough to wipe out sortie 3. even though the cc isn't high the fast attack speed and the punch through of the blade allows it to proc berserker constantly making it proc more status and increasing dmg significantly. I also use handspring because the only time you will die with this frame is if you are fighting over sortie 3 enemies or you get knockdown and you get focus fire. I don't use sacrificial mods because in most cases primed pressure point is stronger and  corrosive blast condition overload is stronger then a little bit of extra crit. 

https://imgur.com/ReHRESa

https://imgur.com/mkBWEFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 50 Minuten schrieb AMERICA-F-YEAH:

nah chromatic blade is incredible powerful just use the right element on the enemy

toxin grineer, corpus & corrupted

fire infested

 

If you are refering to the base element / energy color I'd agree that those are the ones in favor to build upon.

I've 3 builds for my exalted blade using fire energy color resulting in corrosive+fire, radiation+cold, gas+cold Each is using 2x 90 and 1x 60/60 elemental mods. Here is an example

Works with 2 forma but if you happen to have condition overload you'll need 3 least. I also have life strike in my builds so there is also potential for more damage and forma.

Ah and my excal doesn't have 180% power strength so 1 60/60 mod is neccessary to get 100% status - again not min-maxed for damage but survivability/convenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what about surging dash? it boosts the combo multiplier and since we have at least drifting contact we can keep exalted blades going for extra time. we don't really have blood rush or weeping wounds but dont you still get a boost from the combo multiplier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TuroHabaneero said:

Does one's Melee weapon still affect Exalted Blade's stats?

No not at all. Use whatever you want 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

what about surging dash? it boosts the combo multiplier and since we have at least drifting contact we can keep exalted blades going for extra time. we don't really have blood rush or weeping wounds but dont you still get a boost from the combo multiplier?

Yes you do and if you can keep it up it's worth it, but i dont think it's as efficient as chromatic blade. If you use Surging Dash go with the augment and combo duration but you will lack early damage. And enemies usually die fast in Warframe so... 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-20 at 8:55 PM, NepKiraXIII said:

Sorry for the late post but this was my take on the weapon and frame.

The reason I don't use any other PS mods is because the dmg output is enough with chromatic blade. With this setup chromatic blade will have about 60% chance to proc corrosive, and 40% chance to proc blast (knockdown counts as another status effect) along with steel charge and passive is more then enough to wipe out sortie 3. even though the cc isn't high the fast attack speed and the punch through of the blade allows it to proc berserker constantly making it proc more status and increasing dmg significantly. I also use handspring because the only time you will die with this frame is if you are fighting over sortie 3 enemies or you get knockdown and you get focus fire. I don't use sacrificial mods because in most cases primed pressure point is stronger and  corrosive blast condition overload is stronger then a little bit of extra crit. 

https://imgur.com/ReHRESa

https://imgur.com/mkBWEFC

I'm currently using these builds and loving it, thanks so much for showing!

However, something puzzles me greatly about the Umbra Exalted Blade. I have five Formas, the same polarities and same mods to the letter. Some are not even maxed yet. And yet I don't have enough capacity. Simply doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might try him without flow but I still like using Rage. His piddly shields mean he always takes damage at higher levels so free energy every time you get hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chromatic blade should boost it to 87%, then add a 60/60 damage mod to get 100. 

Umbra is becoming my favorite damage dealer after Valk Prime, he's really great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://imgur.com/a/kYo7RV

Haven't maxed all mods cause i'm still farming endo 😜.

This is a pure 'Chromatic Blade' build for damage with a single swing, building up as you hit more and more. Umbral Howl 's duration is at 10s (or 8-9s if you max Transient Fortitude) without any range cause i personally prefer more damage over duration and range. (range doesn't affect the "getsuga tensou" beams of your blade so use it if you want to radial howl more enemies). More power strenght=more damage but adapt it to your play! 😉

PS1: If you are worried about the drain of your blade--> 9 energy/activation and 0,9 energy drain/per second

PS2: For Corpus enemies simply replace 'Shocking Touch' with 'Molten Impact' and use 'Electricity color' on your Excalibur Umbra for Gas/Magnetic damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally run This Build for Umbra himself - I like the increased duration to not only lower drain on his blade but it makes his howl a bit more useful too. With Primed Flow and Hunter Adrenaline sometimes it feels like overkill, but it also lets you keep your blade out for a long long time which is great for just whipping it out early in the mission and never losing it. And best of all, it's a 1 forma build, very cost effective.

For his blade I use This Build, I will sometimes either swap up elements or drop Organ Shatter for Berserker but honestly I usually feel like the attack speed is more than sufficient and I like corrosive/blast. This is also pretty cheap on forma coming in at 2, even when swapping out for Berserker

But hey, that's the best thing about Warframe, you can make things the way you want to fit your play style!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

Yes you do and if you can keep it up it's worth it, but i dont think it's as efficient as chromatic blade. If you use Surging Dash go with the augment and combo duration but you will lack early damage. And enemies usually die fast in Warframe so... 😕

i also forgot to mention i saw the ability to use relentless combination on exalted blade. while exalted blade doesn't have much use with chromatic blade it the base exalted blade still has a chance to inflect bleed. i'm just finding diffrent routes for a frame to go in builds because i hate it (with a passion) when it becomes a one route option which puts me at odds with the frame that i have a love hate relationship chroma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

With so little drain on his chromatic blade and if using Zenurik for 50% more energy with each blue orb=75 energy (which you don't have to even use, i use Madurai for more damage 😛 ) your energy is always above 150. But use what fits you best 😉 

Blue orbs only give you 50 base energy from loot containers an the like, enemy drops are always 25 boosted to 37.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterMe46 said:

i don't have 100 status chance with this build,please help?

 

If you got 180 power strength chromatic blade goes to 100% status so no need for dual mods. To me it's even better with even more power strength which adds up to your blade's damage. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After radial blind/howl, is there any way to go slash crazy on enemies or are we required to finish them off individually with finishers. 

I love blinding them but I don’t enjoy stopping at each and every enemy to take them out. Just want to slash my way through all of them. 

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah And 1 more question, i notice some players able to use exalted blade without moving and stay still. How to do that? I keep press E my excalibur will keep move forward.

Sorry i haven really play excalibur until this umbra launch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...