Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A theory about Stalker [Spoilers]

Caliboom

What if the Stalker is Isaah after he got consumed by the Infestation? It would make sense since he's similar to Excalibur Umbra, and he's his son. He may be the Dax that watched the slaughtering of the Orokin, and has that stuck in his memory. I know this kinda sounds like a dumb theory, but it kinda makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

What if the Stalker is Isaah after he got consumed by the Infestation? It would make sense since he's similar to Excalibur Umbra, and he's his son. He may be the Dax that watched the slaughtering of the Orokin, and has that stuck in his memory. I know this kinda sounds like a dumb theory, but it kinda makes sense.

We know that he was some sort of Dax, according to a Codex Entry naming him as a 'low Guardian', and the info from War Within that explains that the Dax were the guardians of the Orokin Empire.

Beyond that, we don't know much.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

No, Isaah is dead dead, Ballas made sure of that. He wanted whoever Umbra was to suffer by having killed their son.

He could have been consumed by the Infestation after he died, turning him into Stalker.

i posted this in another thread: 

I actually think that Umbra and Stalker are from the same time period (and therefore both Dax warriors - perhaps even cohorts in exposing Ballas since becoming a warframe was a form of torture) with the prime frames coming later in the Orokin research processes - both of these frames are without operator so, they were either exiled, destroyed, or lost prior to the Zarimon children and the control mechanisms we see with regular and Prime frames.  

My thoughts will be a bit wordy but, here goes.  

• The helminth strain used for Umbra and Stalker is the same strain used for Prime frames 
  • That strain degraded via cloning over time allowing the tenno 'soothing' to occur more easily
  • Stalker and Umbra never had the calming that occurs with Tenno control being so early in the experiment process and, therefore, are more 'feral' and regularly exhibit sentience
  • For Stalker, Hunhow, when talking in the quest, references regularly that Stalker is the same as the other frames and reminds him that he hates them (and himself).  I think Stalker's whereabouts (cell or otherwise) was given to Hunhow along with the Lua coordinates from Ballas - it was a tool to try to kill all the frames and tenno so he could safely come from hiding (and he knew the coordinates even after Lotus hid Lua because of some remnent of Margoulis that Lotus "absorbed" when taking her form - which i think was planned between Margoulis and Lotus but, thats another post)
  • I think that we can 'awaken' the same or similar sentience in our frames that Umbra shows at some point in the future (which will manifest in either additional Umbra frames or some kind of awakening process... maybe related to the infested room in the orbiter).  this is because we are clearly headed to the Tao system and I dont think they would give us mods to better handle Tao and limit the frames that we could use in that system

4 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

He could have been consumed by the Infestation after he died, turning him into Stalker.

while not explicitly stated, i inferred from Ballas' journal recordings for Hunhow that the helminth strain had to be merged with a living host in order for it to turn into a warframe. 

• 2 weeks later...

It could be since stalker is on hunhow side, having umbra to kill his own son again, would make it more depressive, well who knows. Isaah sounds important than it should somehow cause of the foreshadowing visit from man in the Wall.

Edited by giotavares

On 2018-06-17 at 3:06 PM, Omega-Shadowblade said:

No, Isaah is dead dead, Ballas made sure of that. He wanted whoever Umbra was to suffer by having killed their son.

Ballas is a master of manipulation, and the Komi game did represent the lives of the Dax's extended family. Ballas could have tortured Umbra into believing he Killed Issah and turned Issah into The Stalker, Potientally turning the Stalker against the Tenno and potientally his father.

That sounds like evil in its purest form, an even worse fate for both Umbra and Issah.

While I like the idea of Stalker being Isaah, I don't think that is the case. 

Hunhow says Stalker hates the tenno, hates himself. Lotus says Stalker learned the truth of the Tenno and it drove him insane. Stalker says he has been alone and awake this whole time, and remembers watching the betrayal with the other low Guardians. 

Personally, and this is a crazy theory, I think Stalker was a Guardian of the Rails specter. When we fight the junction specters, they speak as if they are loyal to the Orokin. I think the Guardians are "piloted" by something like permanently sedated, lobotomized Tenno somewhere deep within the rails. They are the low guardians, because for whatever reason they were unfit to be "real" tenno, or maybe they were just easier to break and control.

Stalker was one such guardian, who watched the ceremony from afar, jealous of the praise and favor and glory heaped on the Tenno, until they betrayed the Orokin. Perhaps in the course of the purge, his Relay was damaged, and Guardian Stalker was able to "break free" and investigate the relay.

He finds the Neural Sentry... a lobotomized tenno slaved to the tower, used to control the specters and Corrupted guards/workers of the Relay. It breaks his already broken mind. 

Thats my theory at least. Neural sentries are broken tenno, with no will of their own. They control/power the Rail Guardians, which are even more crude, cheap knock off warframes that couldnt be trusted to go into the field. Stalker was one such Guardian that managed to become more.

I thought information on an Isaah boss was data mined a few weeks ago? also, the man is the wall hints after the sacrifice quest that isaah is still alive soooo...?

Edited by Arcmourn