Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Zephyr's Air Blast disperse poison clouds?

TaylorsContraction

I was lvl'ing Zephyr prime post rework and thought her 2 ability was extremely lack-luster. But then I thought, well even if it sucks maybe it has utility and is able to disperse the poison clouds left behind by many infested and some ghouls. Sadly that is not the case. I feel like this would be a rather easy thing to add to the ability coding wise and it makes sense.

That would be a great passive or augment.

Passive: "The winds are restless around Zephyr Prime, deadly clouds disperse more quickly when she is near" type of thing

Or an Augment where casting her two causes a toxic cloud within a targeted area to disperse rapidly. 

Either would be awesome. And I don't have a Zephyr Prime yet (she's baking in my Foundry right now) so I don't know her passive.

Edited by Wolfpack75

From around 600 threads on the matter of Zephyr's rework... One of the most common augments suggested for a new 2 ability (like we now have) was 'Pure Winds: Casting at allies will clear Status effects and any placed traps, including Napalm and Gas Clouds.'

Also:

3 hours ago, Wolfpack75 said:

Thank you. I'd rather have her disperse poison. LOL

People are kind of split on the passive, but from years (all four of them) playing Zephyr, I can tell you that her passive is one of the most useful of the 'non-stat boosting' passives in the game.

The people that dislike it seem to think that low gravity makes you go slower. This would be the case if it weren't for the second half of her passive; she can actively steer in the air, unlike every other frame.

All you have to do is adjust when and where you jump, roll or bullet/double jump, and you can move through the air faster than you can on the ground. It's one of those medium skill-floor, high skill-ceiling types, where you start off hitting into walls or the top of doorways, but finish up out-racing Volt with your Jet Stream augment combining in to make you faster than him and being able to jump higher and further than they can ^^

Be careful using Tailwind indoors though, it's not the rework that anyone actually asked for, let me assure you of that. Building for a decent duration on Turbulence (her bread-and-butter ability) will give you a very long Tailwind, and the momentum you gain from that will actually pin you against indoor corners for a while. If you have to navigate the Plains or larger map tiles, though, it's the fastest mode of transport in the game.

Actually... just look me up here or in game if you're ever in need of builds or a bit of advice, I've only been playing her since about August 2014 ^^

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Actually... just look me up here or in game if you're ever in need of builds or a bit of advice, I've only been playing her since about August 2014 ^^

I will have to, I am terrible at movement in the game. Horrid. My warframes would all have concussions with the number of times I bullet jump into the wall, even after 700+ hours.

5 hours ago, Wolfpack75 said:

I will have to, I am terrible at movement in the game. Horrid. My warframes would all have concussions with the number of times I bullet jump into the wall, even after 700+ hours.

Heh, it's all a matter of learning the map tiles, but yeah, if you're lost, I'm on most evenings GMT.