The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Capture Missions broken

Ryim_Drykeon

While Capture Missions can still be Successful, they are broken badly.

Upon capturing the Capture Target, no more enemies will spawn. Once the enemies in the area are eliminated, the map will be empty from there on. Making for a very boring walk to the Extraction point. Also a very EASY walk, making for inanely easy missions.

As others have posted, this bug also prevents the mission success of Capture missions that turn into Elimination missions, due to the complete lack of enemies after the Capture Target has been captured.

EDIT::

After re-reading the Sacrifice patch notes (thanks to friends pointing me there)

After the target is captured in Capture missions, the level alert levels will automatically turn to off after 1 minute, and enemy spawns will stop after 2 minutes as well.

Whomever thought this was a good idea in any way, shape, or form......  Well, my personal choice would be mailroom duty until they actually understand how Warframe works. Seriously, this is just a dumb idea, and should never have made it past the suggestion phase, let alone being put into the game.

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon
More information

I read through the patch notes while my game was updating because I was bored, but it didn't register until now - as I am trying to complete a Capture mission turned Extermination - that it clicked.

I have killed 17 enemies since I made the capture and I need 35. I've scoured the whole map and there is nothing aside from the cameras and sentras which don't count into my enemy total. I have the green Extraction beacon up, but it won't let me leave the mission because I don't have the enemy count.

All I've found is that I can abort the mission ... I'm just glad I don't have any loot I'm too attached to this time. However, I am a bit frustrated that I can't unlock that node because I need it to get to the Ceres Junction.

2 hours ago, Bree13 said:

However, I am a bit frustrated that I can't unlock that node because I need it to get to the Ceres Junction.

Until DE get this fixed a simple workaround is once you find your target and knock them down DON'T press x to transfer them back to your ship but just leave them lying there. They will remain in place indefinitely while you are now free to explore the remainder of the map with unlimited enemies continuing to spawn for you to exterminate the numbers required to complete the mission. Once you have them all, return to the capture target and hit x, then get to extraction.

EDIT: Hm just realized that ordinarily a capture mission doesn't turn into an extermination until after the captive is transferred iirc so you wouldn't know how many you'd need to complete until it's too late and there's no onscreen tally otherwise.

However, I've been doing this workaround on every capture mission mostly because the target appears (too) early in the mission and mostly I just like to jump in for one game, get the capture part out of the way, and then go try to get my space ninja on for as long as I like. I leap, blast and hack my way across the map from the prone target to my own extraction point and all the way back, averaging 300 kills each game. When I finally do extract the target it has NEVER turned to an exterminate mission afterwards, possibly because of all the kills I've scored, and I've done this plenty since the bug appeared. On the return trip to my own extraction I usually run out of enemies halfway back after a minute or two as now DE intends it, but mission always complete.

Edited by Sabremouse