Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Lua Orokin Cells instead of Neurodes

Holseti

To be blunt, there's not enough reason to go back to Lua once you've finished up with the gimmicks there, which is a shame because it's a beautiful place. So can it please at least be given a resource actually worth going to the planet for? Since I doubt it'll ever get Alerts or Fissures for whatever reason DE is so against it.

1) Neurodes are extremely common and easy to acquire now that Earth caters to an entire faction's worth of standing and from every level tier thanks to Plains of Eidolon, in addition to the already existing Xini farming on Eris. If anyone ever needs a neurode, they're probably not going to Lua for it, because even though I love the place you can get them on Xini and get Axi relics or play on PoE and get 3-5 other rewards + faction standing along the way. There's nothing else there to convince you to play on it.

2) I don't want to get into a rant about grinding, but Orokin Cells are already boring to farm even by Warframe standards. They have an even lower spawn chance than other rare resources and the choices of where to try and farm them are basicaly all the Grineer ship tilset (Because no one goes to the Derelict). Adding Cells to Lua gives us a relief from the monotony of the exact same Grineer tilset and gives Lua a purpose outside of its limited gimmicks.

3) seriously why does the seat of the orokin empire not have orokin cells dammit

Or just do anything to make us want to go to Lua regularly, this is just my thought on it.

8 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Nobody will go to Lua for the same reason nobody goes to the Derelict for cells.

Nobody goes to the Derelict because it's key locked and you can't get a squad without using recruiting.

8 minutes ago, Holseti said:

Nobody goes to the Derelict because it's key locked and you can't get a squad without using recruiting.

Hmm fair point.

But then why wouldn't I take my friend to Sargas Ruk over and over versus going to a Lua mission for cells?

To side-farm Sentients?

Doesn't sound too bad actually. For people that know what they're doing anyway.

My boyfriend and I used to level up stuff in derelict. It's honestly superior because there is so much high end stuff.

I prefer neurodes in lua personally. No reason to change it, Unless there's some justification.

Orokin cells drop like crazy in derelict.

8 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Hmm fair point.

But then why wouldn't I take my friend to Sargas Ruk over and over versus going to a Lua mission for cells?

To side-farm Sentients?

Doesn't sound too bad actually. For people that know what they're doing anyway.

None of the other cell farms have side-bonuses to them, unless you really need Plastids too. Ruk farming would probably remain the most efficient way to get them, but IMO it's also the most boring and symptomatic of how ridiculous Cells are to get in the first place

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I prefer neurodes in lua personally. No reason to change it, Unless there's some justification.

Why? The justification is that the only place to get Cells atm are either fighting Grineer or Infested in the same tileset over and over, having to grind two bosses that have obnoxious invincibility phases over and over, or going somewhere that's counter to the co-op aspect of the game unless you have friends around or want to waste time looking for a group. They'll probably never increase Cell drop rate (and they'll probably never do this idea either, really), but at least giving Cells to Lua at least alleviates some of the repetition by adding in map variety and gives a reason to go to the planet regularly

2 minutes ago, Holseti said:

Why? The justification is that the only place to get Cells atm are either fighting Grineer or Infested in the same tileset over and over, having to grind two bosses that have obnoxious invincibility phases over and over, or going somewhere that's counter to the co-op aspect of the game unless you have friends around or want to waste time looking for a group. They'll probably never increase Cell drop rate (and they'll probably never do this idea either, really), but at least giving Cells to Lua at least alleviates some of the repetition by adding in map variety and gives a reason to go to the planet regularly

You would have to grind the cells in lua then probs on the same tileset over and over. Also there is good reason to go back to lue, drift mods, for example. Sorties also tbf.

Do you have a clan? Surely some want the loot derelict has as well.

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You would have to grind the cells in lua then probs on the same tileset over and over. Also there is good reason to go back to lue, drift mods, for example. Sorties also tbf.

Do you have a clan? Surely some want the loot derelict has as well.

I don't understand what you're getting at with the first part, but I already mentioned Challenge rooms when I talked about how it has its little gimmicks that'll keep you coming back, but those are a finite experience. There's no reason to go back once you have them, and most people consider those a chore anyway. Lua probably has more individual, unique, reasons to return than the average planet, but none of those are a regular/repeatable experience, they're all something that eventually dries up on you and leaves you only returning because the day's Sortie demands it.

Edited by Holseti

well, that's technically true of most places though.

I mean, I also have an orokin cell bp and that's a massive waste.

I stille ncourage you to try delrelict, just because you get a ton of other rare items also. And technically you can scan kavat,s though that is hard in a survival

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

well, that's technically true of most places though.

I mean, I also have an orokin cell bp and that's a massive waste.

I stille ncourage you to try delrelict, just because you get a ton of other rare items also. And technically you can scan kavat,s though that is hard in a survival

Fissures and Alerts give you a common reason to visit every planet regularly though, except for Lua. As long as new primes get released, people will always need Orokin Cells, which I think is an easy way to make it a viable place to go since they won't just put Fissures and Alerts on it, with the added bonus of at least mixing things up from grinding Ruk or wasting 20 minutes on Gabii

3 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

See what I'm getting from here is that you want a new place to do the same boring grind.

Yes, I'm not saying it wouldn't be another grind, but it's something that doesn't require an entire rework of the resource system and at least adds some variety in choices of where to do it and who to fight against, while also giving Lua an actual purpose in the average gameplay besides Sorties.

Really, I just want a reason to go to Lua without feeling like I'm wasting time just to sight see the pretty tileset. This seemed like a reasonably easy idea to me to help with that, that's all.

Edited by Holseti