Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra in Orbiter

Almighty_Jado

Hey, just a quick idea- it would be kind of neat after completing The Sacrifice and obtaining Umbra if he walked around your ship like a pet while you have a different Warframe equipped. I feel like as he is a sentient being, he shouldn't just be put into storage while you aren't using him.

Other neat things this could entail are reacting to emotes; if you use the handshake emote near him, he will shake your hand! If you wave at him, he will wave back! Same with bows, etc. Other possible things to add that would make him more "alive" would be allowing him to pet your Kavat/Kubrow if he walks near them (it would not count towards their loyalty meter, it would be a purely aesthetic petting).

Just now, LazerSkink said:

All good ideas, though I feel some may prefer it as an optional thing. I know for a fact one day I'd be sprinting into my personal quarters, he'd be behind the door, and my heart would stop for a second.

More of a reason to make this a feature haha.

But seriosuly, i think it be great, and he would like, lean on the wall or sitt down doing stuff, like checking the equipment or wahtever comes to mind.

9 hours ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

More of a reason to make this a feature haha.

But seriosuly, i think it be great, and he would like, lean on the wall or sitt down doing stuff, like checking the equipment or wahtever comes to mind.

Yeah, I'd like to think we finally have a roommate who, first of all; has a body, second of all; isn't a creepy virus trying to spread his "beauty", third; isn't Wallace.

Edited by LazerSkink

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Yeah, I'd like to think we finally have a roomate who, first of all; has a body, second of all; isn't a creepy virus trying to spread his "beauty", third; isn't Wallace.

Ah yes. Instead of having a humanoid shaped roadblock we call warframes standing there like creeps.

It would also help us making it more immersive too that he has sentience too. Heh, would be so cute to see him interact with our Kavat or Kubrow when he walks around.

This also would be a good way to show him recovering from his trauma. There really has to be more to him than just that single, horrible memory.

Actually, I could very well see even The Man in the Wall/"Hey, kiddo"/Wallace (I love that nickname, by the way. lol) possibly interacting with him. Which could tie into the whole Sun/Moon alignment system.

Edited by Braken

i would love if Umbra wandered the Orbiter while i was walking as my tenno.

would be funny if he could sit on the couch in the personal quarters or appear to be checking the codex.. even just leaning on a wall would be cool.

8 minutes ago, Braken said:

This also would be a good way to show him recovering from his trauma. There really has to be more to him than just that single, horrible memory.

Actually, I could very well see even The Man in the Wall/"Hey, kiddo"/Wallace (I love that nickname, by the way. lol) possibly interacting with him. Which could tie into the whole Sun/Moon alignment system.

lol i can just see it

MITW: "Hey Kiddo.. Whos your friend?"

Umbra: *stares silently*

yes also lemme play komi with him and other people i cannot stop saying this enough 

these are all things i would wish to happen i need a friend in my ship since i find without something else living in the ship with me (helmith doesn't count) i go alittle stir crazy since i have actual problems with the thought of isolation it really idk is there a word for a phobia of isolation? so i have a cat around from interaction and the idea of im not alone and i love cats 

umbra would be nice company for the cat since the sentinel just kinda hovers there staring at the wall 70% of the time