Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra Arm and Thigh Fins Clipping with Tennogen and Default Excalibur Skins

Bricks

aBofNxt.png3ptlzN5.png
As said in the title, the normal fins don't go away on Tennogen skins like in most of the DE original skins (Excalibur Dex, the Prisma skin, etc.) where they do. They also don't go away with the Default Excalibur skin. This causes them to clip through in some noticeable ways.

Edited by LUBrickon

I think they should make the scarf and fins an auxiliary choice, like they did for other warframes. That would not only fix the issue, but enable more customization for people who want to use both the fins and tennogen skins.

The issue is Umbra is not "hard coded" like other Primes are -- Deluxe and base skins are supposed to be their own mesh and not load other parts. Pretty sure they'll fix it soon.

As for TennoGen they need to add him a Prime toggle, since filewise he's essentially a Prime.

3 hours ago, Maxixam said:

I think they should make the scarf and fins an auxiliary choice, like they did for other warframes. That would not only fix the issue, but enable more customization for people who want to use both the fins and tennogen skins.

What they really need to do is improve the Prime toggle and expand it to all skins, which solves not only the Umbra issue but also other stuff like Immortal skins and Phased and Rubedo skins.

Edited by NightmareT12

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, expanding the Prime toggle to all skins (probably not deluxe skins, because in many cases they're entirely different models) would be amazing. ESPECIALLY for this frame. At the moment, I'm using the Umbra helm and the default Excal skin, and I really like that look. The color on his shoulders does wonders to break up Umbra's otherwise noticeably monotone body.

My concern, however, is that if they add a Prime toggle for him (Which they should), it will take away our ability to combine Umbra's decorations with the default Excal skin. As Prime toggles exist now, they only apply to TennoGen. You are unable to apply the decorative bits of any Prime frame to the default skins, which is honestly disappointing. I would very much like for them to fix Umbra's clipping issues, but I really hope that they don't do so in such a capacity that it costs us the ability to do something cool that we currently have the ability to do. I.e., go the easy route and just make him like all the other "Primes". Implement a decoration toggle, decoration toggle does not apply to DE made skins (default, immortal, prisma...). That would make me, for one, a very sad tenno.

Bumping this thread because it is driving me a little crazy. 

I would really like two things:

1. Remove the "original" fins on standard and Tennogen Excalibur skins while having them applied to Excalibur Umbra so that the overall look appears with his Umbra parts like normal.

2.  Make Umbra parts toggle-able.

I think both of these things are doable, but ultimately I would hope that this clipping gets fixed in a way to allow us to still use our Tennogen and Umbra Parts together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-09 at 6:39 AM, Mikeosaur said:

Bumping this thread because it is driving me a little crazy. 

I would really like two things:

1. Remove the "original" fins on standard and Tennogen Excalibur skins while having them applied to Excalibur Umbra so that the overall look appears with his Umbra parts like normal.

2.  Make Umbra parts toggle-able.

I think both of these things are doable, but ultimately I would hope that this clipping gets fixed in a way to allow us to still use our Tennogen and Umbra Parts together.

I'm adding this thread to mine which is already on the front page of the Feedback Forums area (since it's not really a Bug but a conscious choice by DE). 

Though, the more places this exists, the better.  Thanks.  

Edited by AlMcFly

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-19 at 1:32 AM, _Heimdallr said:

tbh i quite like it but it is just personal preference i guess

I agree, I personally like how it looks with the Proto Skin even if it doesn't really fit the theme. Problem is, skins like Graxx or Corpra which also don't fit Umbra's accessories in any way cost real money compared to the Proto Skin which is a bigger issue since nobody wants to go through a whole process of refund or stuff like that just because a small yet important detail like that was overlooked.

• 3 weeks later...