Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What "is" the green reviving smoke?

thirtieth_king

I know it isn't a huge detail, but like what is it? And don't give me the "it's a nano... that the warframe can exert to help other warframes" because the tenno bodies can do it to. Like what is it and why don't we just constantly breath it?

Edit: From some of the comments, apparently syndicate members can use the green smoke too, which brings up the question, why don't the enemies? (also, so apparently it isn't a tenno/ warframe only thing)

Edited by thirtieth_king

If I'm being honest I have no idea, but one day when I was downed in a public I think I saw a little white and orange device from which the healing smoke was emanating from. I don't remember what the frame was though so it easily could've been a part of the design on their hand. I'm gonna just say that it's magical void based healing smoke and we don't breath it because we don't always need to breath it.

My best guess is its some sort of sci-fi magic medi-spray that is just an all-purpose first aid tool. Syndicate operatives use it too (until they randomly decide to cancel it and leave their teammate to die at least), so it's probably much more common in the lore than in-game. It can't cure death, so I guess the enemy wouldn't use it too much against us and our tendency to tear enemies cleanly in half.

4 hours ago, (XB1)PredakingXYT said:

speaking of which, what's the lore explanation for how we bring ourselves back from the dead/ self-rez???

Oro.

• "It is heavily hinted that Oro is only possessed by those who have been exposed to the Void."
  • "Although it supposedly grants immortality to a degree, it is not all-powerful ability that grants them invincibility. There are some cases where a Tenno is capable of death, as described in the original Mirage's Operator's demise in Hidden Messages, as well as Rell's death in Chains of Harrow. The exact requirements for a living being with Oro to die is still unknown."

Extracted from wikia.

Actually, it is what Snoop Dog recommends in his memetic hit. Ya know, the thing that people burn in a bong.

Edited by Guest