Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are exalted weapons independent of their frames?

tprx

Question

Let's say I get Ivara, then develop her Artemis' bow with a few forma. Then, for reasons unknown, I decide to sell Ivana. A few weeks later, I decide to build her back, does her Artemis' bow also new and without forma or I somehow kept the first Artemis' bow with its forma? In other words, once a frame with an exalted weapon is constructed, does that exalted weapon tied to that frame or is it an independent entity?

If you don't know the answer, and are just taking a wild guess, please don't leave a comment. I'm really interested in having the exact answer, because I am considering selling Ivara to get her back later.

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have multiple Ivaras and each Artemis is tied to its relative frame.  Meaning what I do on one Ivara and her Artemis does not carry over to the other one.  

Hope this answers your question Tenno.  

I guess this means we need to not only see information on how many Forma are on the frame when looking at it in equipment or inventory pages but also how many are invested in their exalted weapon.

7 minutes ago, Filroden said:

I guess this means we need to not only see information on how many Forma are on the frame when looking at it in equipment or inventory pages but also how many are invested in their exalted weapon.

Only if you haven't out any forma into the frame at all, but yet did so with the exalted.  

I will have to double check ingame as I haven't really looked at the inventory screen since the changes.  

I have multiple Ivaras and each Artemis is tied to its relative frame.  Meaning what I do on one Ivara and her Artemis does not carry over to the other one.  

Hope this answers your question Tenno.  

I'm curious: why have multiple versions of the same frame?

(Please, I do mean this as general curiosity)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

More fashionframe option and more builds, I have 2 equinox for 5 builds (both have 5 forma) and 6 fashionframe slot XD

Equinox is ❤️

Edited by SANYA501

4 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

My first Ivara is so locked in her build (general purpose and ready for anything) that I can't easily change it.  My second Ivara sat in the closet for a long time because previously I couldn't tell which was which in the inventory screen to delete her.  previously we couldn't see the number of forma on the inventory screen.  

This all changed when PoE came out because that second Ivara allowed me to have a completely different build specifically for PoE.  

Currently working on crafting a 3rd so I can have a dedicated Concentrated Arrow build without messing up the others.  

edit: Basically when you over forma a frame for a build you get very limited in the number of builds for that specific frame.  Having a second one allows you more freedom without messing up your previous work.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
some corrections.

edit: Basically when you over forma a frame

How is that even possible? I thought anything worth forma'ing (which is everything) needs at least 3 forma, should be 10 or so for the important weapons/frames. I just keep adding forma. My god, the addiction is real...

Forma problems (but not really a problem, I can control it) aside, I don't think I've ever really had an issues finding a few builds that work and forma accordingly. My builds never really stray out of that initial direction. And unfortunately, the flexibility of the mods is a little less than I'd hoped. There's a few QoL mods, build specific ones, and one or two mandatory mods. It's even more so with weapons. Without going into the "remove mods (like Serration) and increase weapon damage to compensate in order to allow for more variation"; it always feels like there's a few setups that work and really only takes a few Forma to get there, usually resulting in 5-6 polarized slots.

However, I can totally see and appreciate having multiple versions of the frames/weapons for quick loadout selection/swapping. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

How is that even possible? I thought anything worth forma'ing (which is everything) needs at least 3 forma, should be 10 or so for the important weapons/frames. I just keep adding forma. My god, the addiction is real... 

Here's how it's possible (I know because i did it 😀).  My original build was actually complete with only 3 forma.  I intentionally forma'd the other slots for more mod points.  Extra mod points convert to more starting energy during missions.  Since my build was designed from the beginning to allow for flexible gameplay as Ivara in all mission types, I don't have a problem with having done that.  That's 8 forma on the one frame for those who are curious.  Hehe

While my method isn't for everyone, it did show me what can happen and what to advise others to avoid until they are ready.  

Also I know @MagPrime has done similar to me if not the exact same with her numerous Mags.  😀 She's beat my record with over 10 forma on Mag.  

edit: Sorry for the slight topic derailment OP.  You guys are just asking such good questions that I didn't want to leave any of them hanging.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

6 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

I know I was actually srsly thinking about building a second Saryn just to put a different Flavor of Eidolon lens in the new one. Because there just aren't that many frames that are worth putting a Lens in.

43 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's how it's possible (I know because i did it 😀).  My original build was actually complete with only 3 forma.  I intentionally forma'd the other slots for more mod points.  Extra mod points convert to more starting energy during missions.  Since my build was designed from the beginning to allow for flexible gameplay as Ivara in all mission types, I don't have a problem with having done that.  That's 8 forma on the one frame for those who are curious.  Hehe

While my method isn't for everyone, it did show me what can happen and what to advise others to avoid until they are ready.  

Also I know @MagPrime has done similar to me if not the exact same with her numerous Mags.  😀 She's beat my record with over 10 forma on Mag.  

edit: Sorry for the slight topic derailment OP.  You guys are just asking such good questions that I didn't want to leave any of them hanging.  

Many Mags is the answer to all questions. 

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'll try to live with it lol

but yeah, after I heavily forma'ted my first Frost, I realized the power of specialization, but the loss of freedom in what mods I could equip. And so, I got my second frost... And the experimentation has been going on since :)

13 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

I'm late to the party, and Dark did a wonderful job answering but, I have 3 vanilla Mags and 2 Mag Primes specifically for experimentation and customization. 

Doing such allows me to tailor my builds not only by faction but by mission type as well, and I wont ever have to sacrifice or hobble a build to do it. 

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I have 3 vanilla Mags and 2 Mag Primes specifically for experimentation and customization.

That dedication warms my heart...

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Doing such allows me to tailor my builds not only by faction but by mission type as well, and I wont ever have to sacrifice or hobble a build to do it.

I guess that's why I was curious. I usually choose a frame for a specific purpose and build for that. If the mission type/enemy changes, I use a different frame/weapon. I'm on console (gave up PC gaming when I hit 3 GFX cards/year for 3 years straight; also working on a computer all day long to then GAME on a computer wasn't helping the ol' hands) so I don't have the latest update (exalted weapons builds). But to the OP's original question/point: Would it then make more sense to create multiples of frames FOR the purpose of specific builds for the exalted weapons?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Would it then make more sense to create multiples of frames FOR the purpose of specific builds for the exalted weapons?

I'm actually working on doing just that for Concentrated Arrow.  It requires a specific build that is somewhat counter to my other two main builds.  So far it's a build that is on the B config of my least forma'd Ivara until I finish crafting a 3rd just for it.  

As for just regular Artemis, my main build has lots of power strength, efficiency, and decent range.  It ended up being high in strength because her 2, 3, and 4 all benefit from power strength.  This is counter to the builds most use for Ivara because they tend to build her like Loki for some strange reason.  Not realizing that duration doesn't effect her the same as other channeled abilities.  

So outside of Concentrated Arrow, it's somewhat hard to make just an Artemis specific build.  As doing so properly makes all her other powers (except Quiver) just as good.

Regardless of what build or power you decide to concentrate on, her most important stat is always Efficiency.  Play her long enough and you'll see why rather quickly.  😀