Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for new improvement or tweaks to Atlas

(PSN)FLINTGIVEN

So since the rework on Atlas I have always thought he needs slight tweaks. For example either the stacks of rumble should decay less or maybe just improvements to his 2nd ability. For his second ability maybe just allow three walls like the augment but then make the augment do something different. For example maybe make this augment be used for survivability like a rock skin. It could be similar to Iron Skin on Rhino or Nezha's 3rd ability. Just to give him some durability. It would give another option for building purposes or to make Atlas more of take if chosen. These are just some ideas for some slight improvements to a solid rework not that long ago. Hope someone agrees or has some better ideas.

I think he needs some more interesting/thematically appropriate skills.. He's the rock man, not the Gorgon man, not the wall man, not a summoning man. He's a force of nature, kinetic and raw and unyielding. His abilities should reflect that idea. 

I think his two should be just the boulder from his current two that he launches and it bounces around knocking Mf'ers to the ground, and after it bounces a set number of time, it explodes into rubble. His three should be an earthquake that does damage and knocks everyone in an aoe down. and his 4 should transform him into the rumbler! 

I will say that after playing more and more that his decay on his passive is fair and not bad. Though I think he needs a way to be tankier in some way or another. I also found that he has a huge problem with capture missions from enemies above lvl 40 which is normally nothing. When trying to capture a target he can't use abilities on it and has no real way to protect himself while chasing the target. It is almost his cryptonite to play a capture with him even at Axi type level missions which are no where near end game.

Edited by (PS4)FLINTGIVEN

8 hours ago, (PS4)FLINTGIVEN said:

It is almost his cryptonite to play a capture with him even at Axi type level missions which are no where near end game.

Eh, except that there are no Capture missions higher/harder than Axi fissures.  No Captures in Sorties, and there's nothing to escalate over time like endless missions do.  On any actual "end game", he's able to use his abilities as well as the next frame, scaling better than many because combo counter, invulnerability, armor build-up and healing all in two spammable abilities.

He's not king of all content, nor really of a niche, but he's an awesome frame. His EHP while not punching and the uselessness of his channeled 3 were the only real complaints I had about him, and both were addressed.  He's made it to my top 5 played frames just since those tweaks.

In the spirit of slight improvements, though, there was a popular idea of him using Landslide to start the walls rolling.  Perhaps the augment could allow the Landslide interaction, with the 3 walls being built into the ability?

I've also never really used his 4's augment.  His new 3 + passive provides a better alternative to what many wanted to see from that: Atlas turning into a Rumbler himself.  I'd rather keep my weapons, so "Exalted Rock-throwing" didn't appeal to me, and we've already got "Exalted Fist".  I think I'd rather see my Rumblers join in with my walls, and make a living barrier (wider, please!) that attacks back.  That'd be awesome and hilarious, for sure.