The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FORMA HELL

i'm still facing the forma hell on warframe, already wasted 11 formas on the exalted weapons of my 3 currently most used frames, valkyr, mesa, excalibur umbra, and i'm still not done whit mesa because someone decided to put 2  "--" polarity instead of "V" 's and i'm not done since i must forma it again. NOT TO MENTION that i do not own other warframes that use formas, if that's the case do we must use 3-4 formas on frames and 3-4 formas on exalted + 3-4 formas on main weapon + 3-4 formas on secondary weapon + 3-4 formas on melee weapon + 4- 5 formas on centinel  + 5-6 on sentinel weapon? so what do we got?

24 formas on a full working build. the better look

24 times we gotta re-level our stuff

this is getting WAY TOO ANNOYING, yet i dont see people complaining on the forums about this. all i see is "ey! do you like my pink rhino? lets post more pink rhino's fashion stuff"

and if i check in search of "forma hell" its like... woah... thats a lot of forma. this new update does not only break stuff that we worked hard to make it work, it also make us double our effort, the new players are about to become crazy and veteran players who stocked on platinum due succes trades wont give a F####

there should be a sticky related to forma hell post and not let it get drowned by any other post like... "yoh. yellow excalibur or evangelion eva 01 nekros?"

#FormaHellisWrong

hace 2 minutos, aligatorno dijo:

Well, no one forces you add them ,it's completely your choice to do so, and a required sacrifice if you want to max everything out to their limit. 

i consideer this as a troll answer that has no meaning in pointing out nothing... its like "if you go to war and dont wanna fight... just suicide, so they wont kill you and you wont kill anyone"

1 minute ago, G4antz said:

i consideer this as a troll answer that has no meaning in pointing out nothing... its like "if you go to war and dont wanna fight... just suicide, so they wont kill you and you wont kill anyone"

You can consider it whatever you like, it doesn't really change the fact that it is the truth. If you want to max out every single piece of your equipment, you are free to do so, but not without investment. 

1 minute ago, G4antz said:

You know, just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they are a troll. It seems that you don't want to discuss this but rather start a ranting thread to raise our torches and pitchforks. 

Also, you're choosing to optimize every single bit of your kit, even the sentinel weapon. Of course that's going to be a resource sink. The exalted change may suck at the start, but it'll be better in the long run as it allows more flexibility. You'll no longer need to run a specific weapon just to improve your ability. 

hace 2 minutos, aligatorno dijo:

You can consider it whatever you like, it doesn't really change the fact that it is the truth. If you want to max out every single piece of your equipment, you are free to do so, but not without investment. 

yet another "go kill yourself" answer, yes i better stick a gun into mouth and pull the trigger so the grineer wont have to waste money and resources to do so.

hace 1 minuto, Roll__Fizzlebeef dijo:

You know, just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they are a troll. It seems that you don't want to discuss this but rather start a ranting thread to raise our torches and pitchforks. 

Also, you're choosing to optimize every single bit of your kit, even the sentinel weapon. Of course that's going to be a resource sink. The exalted change may suck at the start, but it'll be better in the long run as it allows more flexibility. You'll no longer need to run a specific weapon just to improve your ability. 

if you have stockpiles of formas much more like you wont care, hearing people saying "you dont need to forma to reach endgame stuff i better go to sorties alone using only excalibur, mk1-paris, mk1 kunai and mk1 bo. yeah pretty much the same. not to mention that some players farm formas blueprints and build them that would be almost a month of building formas just for the sake of "dear gods please dont nerf our weapons"

hace 3 minutos, PhoenixShadowEvil dijo:

this is getting WAY TOO ANNOYING, yet i dont see people complaining on the forums about this

Because forma is easy to get? people complaining about umbral polarity now 

yeah people is complaining about the umbral polarity because they want to use umbral mods on their valkyr prime or wukong. (all i have to say is that those should be only attached to the umbra frames and if you forma one polarity for the sake of science you should be able to give it back, but this is not the topic i'm discussing.

Honestly I don't see the problem. I haven't put a single forma into Mesa/Titania and both are fully capable of clearing sortie. 

I guess if I forma them they could do it like 15% faster, but I don't think it's needed.

2 minutes ago, G4antz said:

if you have stockpiles of formas much more like you wont care, hearing people saying "you dont need to forma to reach endgame stuff i better go to sorties alone using only excalibur, mk1-paris, mk1 kunai and mk1 bo. yeah pretty much the same. not to mention that some players farm formas blueprints and build them that would be almost a month of building formas just for the sake of "dear gods please dont nerf our weapons"

StrawMan2.jpg

A good weapon (like Tigris) with no forma is not the same as a weak weapon like the mk1-Paris.

and besides, as many of us have said: exalted weapons are still fairly strong w/o any forma. Of course they get stronger with forma, but that's min-maxing which should be a time/resource sink in my opinion.

hace 4 minutos, G4antz dijo:

If you consider sorties "endgame" and more important you need 24 forma to do it without problem ... your issue is your absolute lack of skill , not the amount of formas .

"better go to sorties alone using only excalibur, mk1-paris, mk1 kunai and mk1 bo"

Since you are mostly using exalted blade , yes , you can without any problem ...

While the amount of forma needed for builds has increased with the recent update for every frame that has an exalted weapon, leveling these is easier since the affinity from every kill you get with the exalt goes directly to it, or at least that's how I understand it, and exalted weapons are particularly good at killing.

Sure many players have trouble with forma, no doubt about that, but their blueprints are almost always a common reward in relic drop tables, so farming them isn't hard. If you pick a common prime part instead of a forma in a relic run because ducats then that's your issue.

Plus forma can be farmed fully built in the moon with a potential 3 forma per run.

On top of that, this week in particular, you can get fully built forma for free by watching twitch streams.

Justo ahora, Nagranok dijo:

Honestly I don't see the problem. I haven't put a single forma into Mesa/Titania and both are fully capable of clearing sortie. 

I guess if I forma them they could do it like 15% faster, but I don't think it's needed.

StrawMan2.jpg

A good weapon (like Tigris) with no forma is not the same as a weak weapon like the mk1-Paris.

and besides, as many of us have said: exalted weapons are still fairly strong w/o any forma. Of course they get stronger with forma, but that's min-maxing which should be a time/resource sink in my opinion.

yeah about that i just had a peace maker mesa dealing only 500 dmg yellow crits on lvl 120 orokin survival. guess what it didnt work. 4 formas after and somehow it works.

BURN ME UP BABY!

I don’t get why everyone is freaking out about having to play the game. I’ve already formaed all my exalted weapons. Three to five formas each. It was fun, gave me something to do. Now, when a sortie modifier takes away Mesa’s secondary or Ivara’s main, their still good to go. I welcome the change. Glad it happened. 

43 minutes ago, G4antz said:

24 formas on a full working build. the better look

24 times we gotta re-level our stuff

And...so what?

Forma are trivial to obtain. Not an issue. 

The time spent, well, it's a game and by definition something you use to burn leisure time. You play the game for entertainment and here's a new reason to play--and some new possibilities and reasons to play certain warframes you might have have visited in awhile. 

Not seeing a problem here. 

7 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

Why are 2 Naramon on Mesa bad?

Because it isn't optimal when going after level 200+ armored targets.  That is when you want more "status" to offset the effects of armor scaling.   However, up to level 200...a standard "crit build" is more than monster enough.    So, for a very small percentage of min/max high level players..the two "-" are a hindrance.  To nearly everyone else..those slots are very valuable in their polarity since it allows you to add raw elemental damage at a cheap price.   If you don't use primed the primed mods you need to add one more polarity (V) to have some pretty awesome regulators (still annihilate sortie 3).

• Hornet strike 
  • Barrel Diffusion
  • Lethal Torrent
  • Convulsion 
  • Pathogen Rounds
  • Target Cracker
  • Pistol Gambit
  • Gunslinger (Anemic Agility is better if you have max Hornet Strike)

4 minutes ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

The problem with forma for me is 24h build time. Its too long.

Should be already built. You know you'll need them sooner or later. Not having them is a 7Ps failure and on you. 

Admittedly this situation is extraordinary, but there's still no good reason not to have several dozen forma on hand and ready to go. They're trivial to obtain and not particularly resource intensive--and you KNOW there's a lead-time on construction. 

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

Should be already built. You know you'll need them sooner or later. Not having them is a 7Ps failure and on you. 

Admittedly this situation is extraordinary, but there's still no good reason not to have several dozen forma on hand and ready to go. They're trivial to obtain and not particularly resource intensive--and you KNOW there's a lead-time on construction. 

Should have already build? Mate i click the build forma button the moment the current one is finished building every day, i always keep the minimum 5 for some emergency if something very good but forma hungry gets released. Im still always short on them because almost everything requires them to do optimal builds. I gues if you are a vet and long time player that did build every weapon and frame when they came out, you have nothing to spend forma on except when something new gets released, you should probably be sitting on dozens of them. For the rest of us it is long. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Because it isn't optimal when going after level 200+ armored targets.  That is when you want more "status" to offset the effects of armor scaling.   However, up to level 200...a standard "crit build" is more than monster enough.    So, for a very small percentage of min/max high level players..the two "-" are a hindrance.  To nearly everyone else..those slots are very valuable in their polarity since it allows you to add raw elemental damage at a cheap price.   If you don't use primed the primed mods you need to add one more polarity (V) to have some pretty awesome regulators (still annihilate sortie 3).

• Hornet strike 
  • Barrel Diffusion
  • Lethal Torrent
  • Convulsion 
  • Pathogen Rounds
  • Target Cracker
  • Pistol Gambit
  • Gunslinger (Anemic Agility is better if you have max Hornet Strike)

If you go for level 200+ enemies you take a friend with you and the enemies don't have armour.

1 minute ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

Should have already build? 🙂

Yes. 

I've made it a policy since something like 3+ years ago to keep at least 20 forma on hand ready to go. I try to keep it at 50+, but as you say you do use them up on a regular basis. It's not just forma, either. I keep many hundreds of other constructed consumables on hand just in case. Many hundreds...because they'll get used. 

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. 

The best way to deal with forma is to regularly choose them as rewards when farming up a new PA--and here one is about to start. I admit I can't work up much enthusiasm for LimboP, but I'll do it anyway because the weapons are good and you'll need what comes along with farming a PA: namely forma. Even when a PA is completed, I'm stockpiling void traces for the next one and older primed parts for when they're vaulted--and I make sure a goodly bit of the farmed resources are forma, because they're going to get used.