The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FORMA HELL

As somebody with about 300 forma spent at last count, I still don't see the big problem people have with forma. Everything in the game is viable and usable with no forma, just to a lesser level of power or efficiency. If you want to maximize your gear, then you make the investment to do so. This is literally the same as any and every MMO or RPG game I can possibly think of, you get stuff, you use stuff, you get better stuff, you use better stuff, you get best stuff, you work to make best stuff super most bestest. 

Or...you just don't, and you don't spend forma, and you just run slightly less powerful versions of stuff but avoid this self imposed "hell" you're in.

Edited by Lannen
Typo

50 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

So forma grind is a form of entertainment? Of course players will leave -_-

Ever since rivens were made i had to pour extra timeandmoney in just adding the riven and its essential mods, for the sake of making a single weapon viable. I had just spent 7 days worth of crafted forma and hours in exp farms just to use my aklex riven.

I know its an absurd point but

d warframe has over a 200+ items to level and forma. Properly making each build optimal will take me to the end of time to do not to mention the cost. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. 

I just still dont get why DE has to lock something so essential to the game behind the build time and the level reset

The thing is that you don't have to do any of what you said above to enjoy the game or complete it.  You don't need to get all weapons, frames, or even mods.  I didn't.  I only got the things that I wanted and didn't bother with the stuff I don't.  For example, I don't hunt eidolons yet I do enjoy PoE.  I don't need arcanes or the other stuff associated with farming them.  So I don't bother.  

Heck, you don't even need to group with others if you don't want to.  

edit: Yet I can still solo any content in the game and do endless missions as much and long as I want.  Wanting something and needing something is completely different from each other.  They shouldn't be confused to be the same thing.  😀 

Edited by DatDarkOne

hace 2 horas, o0Despair0o dijo:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't have to forma anything. Sure, you can make them even more powerful by spending formas on them, but you don't have to. They work just fine without formas. I've been playing this game since April 2014 and I only forma'd like 2 Frames. And guess what - I don't have any problems. My Mesa has 1 Forma, her exalted weapon has none at all. No problem on my end.

The only reason you could possibly have to be "forced" to forma your stuff is if you're a tryhard who just needs to play level 200+ missions because obviously the amount of kills you get in this game is the only way to prove your skill to people who will forget about you just 2 minutes after you leave the squad.

And after reading some of your comments, I can't help but think exactly that. But then again, doesn't matter, you're probably already writing a salty comment, telling me how much of an idiot I am before you even bothered reading my whole comment.

I'm just saying - maybe you should try to actually have some fun in the game, instead of forcing yourself to always deal the most damage possible.

Heck, why am I even trying.

glad you noticed.

42 minutes ago, RainMarvel said:

Its all about player choice right?

And that sense of pride and accomplishment.....

I honestly feel bad/enraged at those that have been mind-controlled into believing this corporate bull. its because of this logic (or lack there of) that allows crap like that to get away with some pretty disturbing things. 

Regardless the idea of this post is that with the introduction of exalted weapons being separate weapons, all of us that have worked hard with these frames, and thought they were done building them are faced with.....having to build them, ironically again when you think about it.

However, I can't ignore that exalted weapons are in a good place now because of it as we don't have to carry a stat stick around anymore, among other things. 

hace 59 minutos, (PS4)johnsoigne dijo:

Although forma is not a problem for me and I hope they add more forma hells in this game cause I believe this is a game about grinding and it is fun when I have things to do and organize. That amount is not even that much tbh when you can buy the bundle for 35p even on PS4 seller’s hell where everything seems to be half the price of PC trade chat. 

But that aside, I think this game in general is very hostile towards people who do not have time to grind but willing to pay rm to skip. Normal platinum price is kinda ... ridiculous and Prime access is starting at a price you can buy a AAA game:gold edition instead. 

I think at this point price or the time to get forma could use a little nerf given how much gears we have by now and how often they nerf this nerf that. I think a good solution to this would be much more frequent twitch drops happening so that we get built formas from watching streams like every 1-2 days and DE get the free marketing, streamers gain more followers. Makes everybody happy. It feels good when 3x more people watching WF than “that” game where you still can’t dismantle color shaders lol. Time to fix Darvo deal is close, please do tell you’re not serious with that ridiculous Darvo price DE. People wants to pay you trust me, a fffff ton of money if it wasn’t so full of question marks.

DISS... is gold

4 hours ago, G4antz said:

if you have stockpiles of formas much more like you wont care, hearing people saying "you dont need to forma to reach endgame stuff i better go to sorties alone using only excalibur, mk1-paris, mk1 kunai and mk1 bo. yeah pretty much the same. not to mention that some players farm formas blueprints and build them that would be almost a month of building formas just for the sake of "dear gods please dont nerf our weapons"

I don't have "stockpiles of forma" and I don't find it an issue. If you didn't want to face the grind of warframe, why play the game? I mean, it's adding, basically, new weapons to the game. You're gonna have to forma them in order to fully max them out to their fullest potential, just like any opther weapon in warframe. You're considering the whole group of weapons as well. Just do one frame's exalted weapon at a time then. Won't be as big of an issue. 

I agree it's a lot of forma, but I mean, there's literally nothing DE can do to change that, other than getting rid of exalted weapons all together. 

7 hours ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

So forma grind is a form of entertainment? Of course players will leave -_-

Ever since rivens were made i had to pour extra timeandmoney in just adding the riven and its essential mods, for the sake of making a single weapon viable. I had just spent 7 days worth of crafted forma and hours in exp farms just to use my aklex riven.

I know its an absurd point but

d warframe has over a 200+ items to level and forma. Properly making each build optimal will take me to the end of time to do not to mention the cost. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. 

I just still dont get why DE has to lock something so essential to the game behind the build time and the level reset

Lol you don't need a riven to make a weapon viable. Most weapons with the right build can kill all the current game content easily so that's a dumb argument. That's only cos you want to min/max. If you can't kill effectively and efficiently without a riven you're either building your weapon or synergising your loadout ie frame and weapon badly or playing the frame badly.

11 hours ago, G4antz said:

i'm still facing the forma hell on warframe, already wasted 11 formas on the exalted weapons of my 3 currently most used frames, valkyr, mesa, excalibur umbra, and i'm still not done whit mesa because someone decided to put 2  "--" polarity instead of "V" 's and i'm not done since i must forma it again. NOT TO MENTION that i do not own other warframes that use formas, if that's the case do we must use 3-4 formas on frames and 3-4 formas on exalted + 3-4 formas on main weapon + 3-4 formas on secondary weapon + 3-4 formas on melee weapon + 4- 5 formas on centinel  + 5-6 on sentinel weapon? so what do we got?

24 formas on a full working build. the better look

24 times we gotta re-level our stuff

this is getting WAY TOO ANNOYING, yet i dont see people complaining on the forums about this. all i see is "ey! do you like my pink rhino? lets post more pink rhino's fashion stuff"

and if i check in search of "forma hell" its like... woah... thats a lot of forma. this new update does not only break stuff that we worked hard to make it work, it also make us double our effort, the new players are about to become crazy and veteran players who stocked on platinum due succes trades wont give a F####

there should be a sticky related to forma hell post and not let it get drowned by any other post like... "yoh. yellow excalibur or evangelion eva 01 nekros?"

#FormaHellisWrong

Hate to tell u this but....."you will never have enough forma's or get everything forma'd".....Ima MR 25 and have everything...and yes, I still need forma's for just about everything that can take a forma........I've always said, "You can never have enough forma's".....welcome to warframe....and I have a boat load of things with multiple formas....

8 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Lol you don't need a riven to make a weapon viable. Most weapons with the right build can kill all the current game content easily so that's a dumb argument. That's only cos you want to min/max. If you can't kill effectively and efficiently without a riven you're either building your weapon or synergising your loadout ie frame and weapon badly or playing the frame badly.

uuuh lol to make some weapons viable or even godly you must have a decent riven lol.  You're saying as if rivens are useless and I have to stick to the meta. Ofc all (meta)weapons are great on the starchart with the right build, but it gets boring after a while.

Some weapons even depend on rivens to make them viable. And when talking to a powercreep like me i need the best numbers and setup to be consistent or just to have fun with underrated weapons. Rivens allow us to use weapons outside the meta, tahts why they are made lol 

Whats more infuriating is the few extra mod points in rivens manages to force alot more forma on builds. its like trying to fit a brick in your pocket

1 minute ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

uuuh lol to make some weapons viable or even godly you must have a decent riven lol.  You're saying as if rivens are useless and I have to stick to the meta. Ofc all (meta)weapons are great on the starchart with the right build, but it gets boring after a while.

Some weapons even depend on rivens to make them viable. And when talking to a powercreep like me i need the best numbers and setup to be consistent or just to have fun with underrated weapons. Rivens allow us to use weapons outside the meta, tahts why they are made lol 

Whats more infuriating is the few extra mod points in rivens manages to force alot more forma on builds. its like trying to fit a brick in your pocket

You don't even realize that you just help to make his point.  You just admitted to needing rivens or meta gear just to be viable.  

Also, why in the world would you even need to put a riven on an exalted weapon in the first place?  None of them need it or more than 2 forma really.  I ask because this is a topic about exalted weapons.  Weapons that rives do not exist for.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You don't even realize that you just help to make his point.  You just admitted to needing rivens or meta gear just to be viable.  

Also, why in the world would you even need to put a riven on an exalted weapon in the first place?  None of them need it or more than 2 forma really.  I ask because this is a topic about exalted weapons.  Weapons that rives do not exist for.  

imo some weps do need rivs to be good or to break meta

also yeah im currently trying to find Exalted blade critatis hmu if u find it

11 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

imo some weps do need rivs to be good or to break meta

also yeah im currently trying to find Exalted blade critatis hmu if u find it

some weapons completely suck and no amount of rivens can save them.  Vor's Seeker is a Prime example. 

Also you don't need meta to do or be successful in this game.  Heck following the meta can actually blind you to a better tactic.  For example did you know that gas/slash/Condition Overload combo for melee actually kills multiple enemies faster than that same weapon using viral/slash/CO?  The viral is faster on a single target but not the group.  Better yet, do you have an idea why that's the case.  

Trying to find a riven for exalted is a waste of time.  It just won't happen for various reasons.  Mostly because everyone except you doesn't need them.  

Question... why do you need to forma exalted weapons?

I found I can fit most of my builds in default polarity without a single forma...

and it still does much higher damage than regular weapon with even 4 or 5 formas...

46 minutes ago, Megalomaniac_101 said:

I can take my latron prime to Sorties and do just fine. It has no riven and still has no issues, you just need to learn how to synergise your gear better, it's not just about the gun, it's about the frame you use it with. I also have an acrid without any riven for it that tears through corpus sorties with ease and I love my azima. None of them have a riven even though I do own a riven for each that isn't rolled yet. But if I'm killing everything with ease already I don't see the need for a riven.

14 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

some weapons completely suck and no amount of rivens can save them.  Vor's Seeker is a Prime example. 

Also you don't need meta to do or be successful in this game.  Heck following the meta can actually blind you to a better tactic.  For example did you know that gas/slash/Condition Overload combo for melee actually kills multiple enemies faster than that same weapon using viral/slash/CO?  The viral is faster on a single target but not the group.  Better yet, do you have an idea why that's the case.  

Trying to find a riven for exalted is a waste of time.  It just won't happen for various reasons.  Mostly because everyone except you doesn't need them.  

Some weapons are indeed terrible and if someone is filled with a strong desire to use it, rather than use a riven a more effective method(and cheaper) is to use a frame that can increase its damage. There are many of those so it's not like we're being pigeon-holed into 1 frame for a particular weapon.

Honestly, the 3 forma deal is really nice and it saves so much plat, assuming you have the spare plat. I am burned out on fissures, so I don't usually have enough forma and/or I used it experimenting with random weapons.

This gives me something different to do....I...I...even like Umbra Excalibur. I never liked excalibur, but err the quest was so cool, and I don't want to rave because spoilers.

1 hour ago, Ash_L said:

Question... why do you need to forma exalted weapons?

Because there are empty slots there and they must be filled--filled with effective mods that render your enemies hopeless and afraid. 

It's a bit OCD, but the need is real. 

I spent most of my (one day) weekend morning working with Valkyr's Talons. The Umbra crit mod had to go in...just had to, mind you...so there was a fair amount of forma flying about and it (the mod) was muddying the water with its weirdo polarity and heavy cost.

After a few forma, I had to sit back and think, hey, this thing rocks like it is and still has an open slot. I could leave it emp...nope, nope, won't happen, can't live like that. So another forma went in and things became...imbued with a clarity of purpose akin to enlightenment. 

Verily, Valkyr's enemies again fell before her in job lots. Their will (and bodies...and about everything else) broken on the anvil of her golden manicure. There was no unfulfilled potential and all was right with the world. 

Can I get an 'amen'? Yeah, I knew I could. 

6 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Because there are empty slots there and they must be filled--filled with effective mods that render your enemies hopeless and afraid. 

It's a bit OCD, but the need is real. 

I spent most of my (one day) weekend morning working with Valkyr's Talons. The Umbra crit mod had to go in...just had to, mind you...so there was a fair amount of forma flying about and it (the mod) was muddying the water with its weirdo polarity and heavy cost.

After a few forma, I had to sit back and think, hey, this thing rocks like it is and still has an open slot. I could leave it emp...nope, nope, won't happen, can't live like that. So another forma went in and things became...imbued with a clarity of purpose akin to enlightenment. 

Verily, Valkyr's enemies again fell before her in job lots. Their will (and bodies...and about everything else) broken on the anvil of her golden manicure. There was no unfulfilled potential and all was right with the world. 

Can I get an 'amen'? Yeah, I knew I could. 

While I love this post i will say that while I spent the afternoon adding forma to the exalted weapons I held off adding too many in the hope that in the near future DE lets us add a umbra polarity via forma.