Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cestus crashing

tprx

I've been experiencing crashing every time I go to Cestus since the Umbra update. My graphics are all set to the lowest settings. I think it's related to how many other players are around me.

When I go initially to Cestus, I can usually do a little shopping or go to Konzu to get my first bounty (I go in the daytime). I go to the plains, do my stuff, come back and when I talked to Konzu to get my second bounty, here goes the crash. Since I usually choose an empty instance of Cestus when I first go there, and I'm thrown in a populated instance when I come back from the Plains, I infer that's it's the game trying to update my image to get all the colorful people in it that causes the crash. Maybe an option to toggle to always see other players as default place-holder would be an appropriate option for lower-end PC. Such an option would be appropriate for populated areas (Cestus hub, relays, maybe clan dojos if there's more than 4 frames present...).

Edited by tprx

Hi tprx,

Since this has started occurring after the Umbra update, you'll want to start by verifying and optimizing your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher settings. This can be done by clicking the little cogwheel located at the top-right corner of your launcher, then clicking Verify and Optimize

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

-- If that does not help, do you happen to see a popup window after the crash has occurred? If so, if you click through that window you should see a WAR-#### appear. Can you please reply with that WAR-####?

5.jpg.e304d5e327eb1386ed0a0820042db802.jpg

Thanks!

I went and redid it. I wrote all the info in the comment. WAR-1831484.

I have at least 3 previous crash submitted, the last two comments starting with "Cestus...". They're the same exact crash, so it is repeatable on my side.

Edited by tprx

When I try to enter the Quills area I crash. Happened 4 times already today. Doesn't matter if I walk there or if I fast travel, if I approach in my operator or my frame, it crashes right in front of the door.

Here's the latest crash number submitted: WAR-1834974