Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Operator/Umbra in Orbiter

WingedCrusade

Okay so we all know Excal Umbra is sapient and can act of his own will in some form of the word- so why does he just act like all our other normal husk frames on the Orbiter?

I’d at least just like consistency and make him lean against a wall or such with his arms crossed, give him SOME kind of sign of life. Kavats and Kubrow can free-roam, so the option is obviously there.

Doesn’t even have to freeroam, I just want something for consistency. It kinda bothers me that he sits there motionless. Anybody else disappointed when they saw Umbra didn’t move a finger when they did transference in the Orbiter?

• Like 1

Honestly, I expected the same, wondering around the orbiter.  I know it wouldn’t change much, but  it would make sense for him to move around the operator instead of just dead and lifeless. I was highly disappointed when I didn’t see it as a thing.

34 minutes ago, Terawr said:

Honestly, I expected the same, wondering around the orbiter.  I know it wouldn’t change much, but  it would make sense for him to move around the operator instead of just dead and lifeless. I was highly disappointed when I didn’t see it as a thing.

Same here. You think they would have thought about that.

Or Instead of wandering around the orbiter... He could maybe be at one of the consoles..Looking in the codex or looking at the mods or maybe in the personal quarters with his feet up listening to the music etc....

5 hours ago, Kromag said:

Or Instead of wandering around the orbiter... He could maybe be at one of the consoles..Looking in the codex or looking at the mods or maybe in the personal quarters with his feet up listening to the music etc....

Yeah, just something to make him seem alive. I wonder if DE checks this part of the forums. It’d be nice to have input from DE on this. :S

10 hours ago, SeriouslySinister said:

It was the first thing I checked when I got back to the ship. I suspect DE did think of that and just didn't finish it or had some unexpected issue with it.

Could be possible! Kubrows were meant to be freeroam originally but didn’t work out, at first.

Edited by WingedCrusade

He follows you around Cetus, so I guess that's a start. It is odd that he just stands there idly on the ship, but considering when you press 5 as op on the ship it teleports you to where your frame was, making him move might cause a few issues. Perhaps just when he is un-equipped, it should be optional of course.

Edited by More-L

7 hours ago, More-L said:

He follows you around Cetus, so I guess that's a start. It is odd that he just stands there idly on the ship, but considering when you press 5 as op on the ship it teleports you to where your frame was, making him move might cause a few issues. Perhaps just when he is un-equipped, it should be optional of course.

Does he follow you around Cetus? I’ll have to pay attention for that next time.

If they ever get around to finally allowing us Operator mode aboard social spaces like the Relays or the Bazaar, I hope it turns out the same.

- And yes, optional of course. An On/off for the people who might find it bothersome!

On 2018-06-19 at 2:29 AM, Tasmian said:

I would love this feature! Please do it ❤️ 

I’m thinking it could definitely be possible at the least!

Also, latest update... Now when he “dies” he goes into frame T-pose but personally, it’d be cooler if he knelt down.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Personally, I'd like to be able to make him a shawzin, like he had in the past - and hear him randomly playing it when I get back from missions.

I'd also like to be able to give him comms or something, so he can have commentary and conversations with the operator, but that's an aside.

41 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

Personally, I'd like to be able to make him a shawzin, like he had in the past - and hear him randomly playing it when I get back from missions.

I'd also like to be able to give him comms or something, so he can have commentary and conversations with the operator, but that's an aside.

The Shawzin idea is fantastic, just trying to give him a shred of his life back.

I’m not sure he can speak, though. His infestation took his voice.

1 minute ago, WingedCrusade said:

The Shawzin idea is fantastic, just trying to give him a shred of his life back.

I’m not sure he can speak, though. His infestation took his voice.

True, either the injury or the Infestation took Umbra's voice - but given that we can make him with some Kuva and a 3d printer, perhaps giving him a comm isn't out of reach?

5 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

True, either the injury or the Infestation took Umbra's voice - but given that we can make him with some Kuva and a 3d printer, perhaps giving him a comm isn't out of reach?

In my beliefs, we the Tenno can sense the consciousness of the Umbra, so even if they didn't received any comm or vox, we could feel it's emotions. We can communicate without words, you know.

Just now, Laveillon said:

In my beliefs, we the Tenno can sense the consciousness of the Umbra, so even if they didn't received any comm or vox, we could feel it's emotions. We can communicate without words, you know.

Of course.  I'd just like to hear the old Dax's commentary and thoughts on things.

To respond to OP, well... One Umbra might be okay to roam your Orbiter. But how about later, when we have multiple? Do you plan to let them roam, and set them free? Promote them from their original purpose, because they can feel?

As far as ethic goes, it does sound rather barbaric and, in a way; master-slave connection. But it's not really our fault. For me, i can imagine, and i continue to believe, that he is just lazing around in my orbiter, while i am away. Umbra helps with Ordis, caresses my kubrows and kavats, and so on. Even thou it is not implemented in the game, you can play house in your imagination. 😄

3 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Well yeah we know that. Our Tenno sensed it and calmed it down in the quest!

Just now, Laveillon said:

To respond to OP, well... One Umbra might be okay to roam your Orbiter. But how about later, when we have multiple? Do you plan to let them roam, and set them free? Promote them from their original purpose, because they can feel?

As far as ethic goes, it does sound rather barbaric and, in a way; master-slave connection. But it's not really our fault. For me, i can imagine, and i continue to believe, that he is just lazing around in my orbiter, while i am away. Umbra helps with Ordis, caresses my kubrows and kavats, and so on. Even thou it is not implemented in the game, you can play house in your imagination. 😄

This is only for if they’re equipped in the armory. (Unless of course we later get dojo-like rooms.)

Just now, WingedCrusade said:

This is only for if they’re equipped in the armory. (Unless of course we later get dojo-like rooms.)

The frames have to be stored somewhere. Even if we came up with something crazy void magic pocket, or i dunno.