Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture - "Change of Plans"

DarkRuler2500

Can you please have a look at this?
It is extremely annoying that approximately 1/3 of all captures turn into exterminates for no reason.

Can you please link this "change of plans" to a specific reason?
E.g. if you have caused a lockdown? Because i do captures for fast mission runs.
And then it turns into a long run because the enemies are not only in the front but also behind.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Clats01:

and there is your answer, its to slow down people who try to speed run them. 

I just am fast but i neither use speed volt or sprint mods.
Also captures are supposed to be fast and the exterminate-change doesn't have anything to do with speed-running.
Sometimes it turns into one and sometimes it doesnt.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to bring this up again.
The issue is extremely bothersome and makes capture somewhat obsolete.
Whats the point if the fast-capture mission turns out to be a boring exterminate just because you're TOO fast.

In my last synthesis runs of 38 runs 17 missions would then "change their plans".

I will admit that this gets extremely annoying because this is what was implemented during MD missions that if the alarms sounded for too long it would turn into an exterminate, in spy you get caught in all 3 vaults it turns into an exterminate.  I've done a capture mission once captured the target and in the middle of absorbing the target get "Change of plans". And I'm like WTF!!! The enemies are already alerted once you even enter the room with the capture target so turning into an exterminate at that point makes no sense....at all, unless they let you capture the target stealthily and not alert anyone when you get in the same room.

On 2018-06-18 at 9:35 PM, Clats01 said:

and there is your answer, its to slow down people who try to speed run them.

I wouldn't try to finish missions ASAP if there was a real incentive to take my sweet time on them.

• Lockers need to be manually opened.
  • Looter doesn't break all containers often and it tends to be very slow.
  • Stealth is not even encouraged in any capacity other than focus farming.
  • Farming for resources is optimal on endless mode, even if you don't literally go endless (say wave 20 or minute 20)
  • Alert rewards are minuscule, even if they are frequent (ie, 100 Endo, 500 plastids, etc.)
  • Syndicate standing is capped alongside limited missions per day, medallion hunting ends up being a chore for some players.

All in all, the game gets repetitive and I am not one of those people who want spongier enemies and "end game" content so much as I would like to just feel like I could be filling my foundry and research labs with tons of stuff to do.

• Like 1

On 2018-07-04 at 6:42 AM, SolidSnake8774 said:

yeah this really doesnt make much sense how this works.
Also to add you dont even have the option of approaching the capture target unnoticed. Soon as you enter the room with them, they all of a sudden know you there and start running for the hills.

I can confirm that's not true.You have to alert them in some way. Loud noise, deaths or line of sight to you makes them scared. For them, you're the Stalker, but they're not Tenno.

I tried farming capture missions in order to get to something else, unrelated to mission being capture at all. After a while I noticed that if I do some combat prior to engaging the target, I don't get the change of plans. So, make sure you kill 2-3 enemies on your way and at least turn back and make a few steps in the opposite direction.

But for that change of plans, I'd also like some variety. Like... Add one console you have to hack as an objective, spwn another target, loot a specific box,... Even doing a spy objective would be fine by me.