Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SPY WAR - A solution to the unfavored PvP factor!

m3omap

This is a suggestion to give a balance toward the PvP factor of the game. This also brings up a whole new visit at the lower level arsenal we overlooked like the Grakata or Karak. Of course this is not the final of anything so there can be many flaws. Please feel free to contribute and hope this would help the game!

WF PvE has always been the bread and butter, the go-to mode for most players. PvP now is an optional game mode and not many people pay attention to it. So I suggest this new game mode called Spy war. What is it and what does it do?

4c0643bfd919eb419649a97995186cf6.jpg

SPY WAR / WHAT IS IT?
It is a game mode where you play not as your warframe, but the Grineer or Corpus faction, using Nyx's ability to mind control.
To join this mode the player must build a Nyx (this can open to a quest to complete Nyx) and after done the quest, built Nyx the mission type will appear just like Alert or Sortie. In this mission you can team up with 4 other people in a 4v4 team deathmatch, or deathmatch, capture the post, capture the flag etc. any mode you can think of.

HOW DOES IT PLAY?
In the beginning, after getting into the game you get to choose your faction: either Grineer or Corpus, then you choose your soldier type. From there the weapon you can choose must be the weapon of that faction. For example: if you are Grineer, you can only choose Grineer exclusives like Grakata, Karak and Gorgon; and the same for Corpus.

Each winning or kill earns you Spy points to upgrade in Spy war and Credits, Kuva or whatever can fill in the resource gap in the game.

HOW IT WOULD POSSIBLY BENEFIT THE GAME
- A new quest for Nyx
- A reason to build Nyx
- PvP can be refreshing and does not rely on the level you join (like lv9 vs lv25 now the same)
- It is easy to access from the game type menu
- A balance for low tier weapons for example the Grakata.
- Possibilities for many game modes
- Would suit someone who wants classic gun play style

Hope you guys enjoy the idea!

While it is an interesting concept and I do like anything that would make Conclave better than it currently is, we already have a means to build Nyx, plus forcing players to build a warframe just to play Conclave does seem like a bit of a stretch.

Of course if this was in addition to Conclave that could be interesting.

I'll try to adress your points. Wall of text ahead, you have been warned:

1) Why should I be forced to build Nyx to play PvP? I don't like Nyx. I don't want to spend a loadout slot on Nyx. And I certainly don't want to jump through hoops involving gimmicky frame building just to participate in a PvP match.

2)If by balancing "lower tier weapons" (of which the Grakata isn't one btw as it's pretty strong in the current Conclave) you mean remove most of our arsenal to the point where only those few weapons remain then sure, that's one way of making those weapons shine. 

3)So, question: how would making a more restrictive PvP allow for more gamemode diversity?

4)We can already easily access Conclave. It's a big console next to navigation. I don't know about you, but I found out about Conclave's existence a lot sooner than I noticed Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr.

5)Classic gun style is quite present in the flood of other shooters in the market. Sure, you could have a severely limited unit that moves like an handicapped asthmatic. But at that point, would it really be Warframe?

8 minutes ago, m3omap said:

This is a suggestion to give a balance toward the PvP factor of the game.

No it's not. This is a page from your dream journal.

WF PvE has always been the bread and butter, the go-to mode for most players. PvP now is an optional game mode and not many people pay attention to it.

You say that like you think there's something wrong here.

PvE consists of twenty or so different game modes, including Archwing, PoE, Sanctuary Onslaught, and quests. Not to mention the various star chart mission types.
Additionally, Warframe is primarily advertised as a PvE game, and that is where the grind wall is thickest.

Given all this, let's not be surprised that most activity occurs in PvE.
And what's wrong with PvP being optional?

HOW DOES IT PLAY?
In the beginning, after getting into the game you get to choose your faction: either Grineer or Corpus, then you choose your soldier type. From there the weapon you can choose must be the weapon of that faction. For example: if you are Grineer, you can only choose Grineer exclusives like Grakata, Karak and Gorgon; and the same for Corpus.

So Nyx is mandatory to access this proposed mode, but she doesn't even appear in the actual mode?
Faction warfare has already been suggested.

- PvP can be refreshing and does not rely on the level you join (like lv9 vs lv25 now the same)

This is already true.

- It is easy to access from the game type menu

... Do you find the current Conclave console somehow difficult to access?

- A balance for low tier weapons for example the Grakata.

If you don't think the Grakata is balanced in Conclave, then start a thread about that. No need to invent a whole game mode.

- Would suit someone who wants classic gun play style

Much like various other games that already exist, such as Call of Duty, or Battlefield, or perhaps even Destiny.
If you want to play a game like Call of Duty, then play Call of Duty. Don't try to change Conclave into "Call of Duty: Warframe edition".

Forgetting about every other problem and just imagining the core gameplay... It seems really bland.

Third person with no parkour, jump or decent move speed. Have you seen how damn slow Grineer/Corpus move? I doubt it can become a replacement for PVP and be widely accepted, at best it'll be as good as a minigame like that zephyr bird game. It'll be the first 3D mini game though.

Also tying real rewards to this game mode?, something so out of core gameplay, to real rewards? It'll be like adding real in game resources to Wyrmius and Happy Zephyr.

So yea, In my opinion at best it can be a mini-game with no real link to Warframe itself. Left to be forgotten because there are other better 3PS PVP games out there.

I recommend you to try normal conclave first if you haven't ( If you find it interesting/fun. Also few games aren't enough though, it takes time and patience to learn/understand), then think of ideas that take core game play in account and see what you can come up with (that's if you're interested).

Soz...I'm game for DE to try making this.  Without the Nyx part...just the Corpus vs Grineer and you control your own faction character.  It is worth trying, at least.  I doubt the PvE crowd will be happy, anyway, because the game mode will still be dominated by players with excellent aim (ie most of Conclave's top-tier players), and one of the main complaints of the PvE crowd is being dominated by another with excellent skill.  It is very frustrating for players to be unable to accomplish their goal(s) because of another player, which is a primary cause of most grief and rage and salt.

Fun fact: 90% of the world's salt production stopped coming from natural resources when mankind invented Internet-based PvP.

Of course, I'm also all for the idea of Nyx's Mind Control power to turn into a literal take-over power, both in PvE and PvP.  In PvE, see an enemy grineer next to their allies shooting at you?  Mind control one, swap to control of the grineer and shoot the enemies and then shoot yourself.  That would be pretty brutal.  In PvP, control another frame for...meh, not a very long time, but also grant damage immunity so you can't cause a player to suicide themselves on others.  Something not seen in other PvP games from what I've seen, and could be pretty interesting.