Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The interaction between Teleport and Blade Storm should be changed or removed

Drufo

Since the last Blade Storm rework, while the clones attack the enemies you can use Teleport to join them. This means that unless you like being stuck in a long cutscene (which is the main reason BS got changed to what is now), you can't use Teleport at all. Considering there is no more limit to how many enemies can be affected by BS, the cutscene can be very long. I think this is a bad design made just for the nostalgics, with no real gameplay benefit. Personally I'd rather remove this interaction between the two abilities, and allow to join the clones by tapping/holding the BS key.

ps I know BS got changed quite some time ago, but I was inactive for a while and just saw that it is still a problem.

Edited by Drufo

1 hour ago, Drufo said:

Personally I'd rather remove this interaction between the two abilities

Why?

If you do not want to use it, just don't use teleport. Having the ability to jump in if you desire is fairly harmless, because you have to opt to do it. Is the ability to teleport to an entity really that useful? Personally, I see no benefit at all in the teleport. It is better used as an "opt-in" to the BS animations than a teleport.

• The augment does not count. It does not come as standard with the frame.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

Ash is invincible during cutscenes.

Being invisible is still better than being invicible but stuck in a cutscene

52 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Why?

If you do not want to use it, just don't use teleport. Having the ability to jump in if you desire is fairly harmless, because you have to opt to do it. Is the ability to teleport to an entity really that useful? Personally, I see no benefit at all in the teleport. It is better used as an "opt-in" to the BS animations than a teleport.

• The augment does not count. It does not come as standard with the frame.

Did you even read beside that sentence? The point is that if I don't like joining the clones, I can't use Teleport for the whole duration of Blade Storm. And I suggested to change it to require holding instead of tapping the key.

And if you use finishers to heal yourself, yes teleporting to an enemy is useful

Edited by Drufo

You can still use Teleport during Bladestorm. It only brings you into the killcam if you use it on an enemy marked for Bladestorm. At least, that's how it's supposed to work, as everything in their rework write-up implied as much. If not, I'd submit it as a bug report.

3 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

You can still use Teleport during Bladestorm.

No you can't. If BS is running and you hit teleport it makes you join in.

9 hours ago, Drufo said:

And I suggested to change it to require holding instead of tapping the key.

That is a silly idea. Not everyone wants to hold down the button. It would just be better to tap 4 to enter/exit.

9 hours ago, Drufo said:

And if you use finishers to heal yourself, yes teleporting to an enemy is useful

I would say, the ability to be completely invulnerable is better than healing. In fact, it may even prevent the need to heal yourself. I tried BS, I failed to find any group of (realistic) enemies that BS had much trouble with. Yes, 20 level 155 Juggernauts was a bit much. The others I tried died fairly quickly, to the point that getting sucked into the animation was not a problem at all.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

I would say, the ability to be completely invulnerable is better than healing. In fact, it may even prevent the need to heal yourself. I tried BS, I failed to find any group of (realistic) enemies that BS had much trouble with. Yes, 20 level 155 Juggernauts was a bit much. The others I tried died fairly quickly, to the point that getting sucked into the animation was not a problem at all.

That's subjective. If I have low health I don't care if I'm invincible for a while, because after that period ends a random enemy that didn't get marked or just entered the room could one shot me, and that invicibility didn't add nothing but giving time to see some good kill animations while I can't do nothing that my clones weren't already doing.

What I'm asking is to just give a choice without compromizing the use of Teleport.

Just now, Drufo said:

What I'm asking is to just give a choice without compromizing the use of Teleport.

I can see no reason why this was not a thing right from the start. It seems totally pointless to require us to use the teleport skill to join the BS animation. Especially when the BS ability button does nothing during its duration. Why can we not have teleport button used for teleport, and BS button used for BS?

True. Sometimes I start a Blade Storm on some grunts, spot a Nox coming trough and attempt to Teleport to it for a quick dispatch, only to be locked into a cutscene and attacking that Nox for a fraction of the damage I could deal with a finisher (or outright kill it if I have a dagger).

Just moving the "join in" to Blade Storm key when it's on execution phase and leaving Teleport as a separate ability would be enough.

It shouldn't be putting you into bs if you use tp on a non marked enemy. Like others have said, it's a bug if it does. Imo I wouldn't be surprised if it does since tp (especially the aug) is so unreliable. Half the time I use it it just teleports me to a perfectly acceptable Target and doesn't even do a finisher.

Am 19.6.2018 um 13:39 schrieb Drufo:

being stuck in a long cutscene

Really? They made it twice as fast to its prior state. 3 times as fast if you join in.

It is just as fast as it has been on it's original version... with the difference that attack speed mods got a tad stronger to before.

It's mere seconds now. How are seconds a long cutscene?

hace 15 horas, (PS4)CoolD2108 dijo:

It's mere seconds now. How are seconds a long cutscene?

Depends on how many enemies you have marked. If you mark more than 15 it's gonna be noticeable, specially on Solo where there aren't squadmates wiping everything before your clones actually get to them. The problem isn't how fast or slow bladestorm's execution is. The problem is that Teleport and Blade Storm shouldn't be linked the way they are now. Sometimes you want to teleport execute someone right now, but you instead join the cutscene against your will. Meanwhile, BS key is not used for anything during the execution phase.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Nazrethim:

Depends on how many enemies you have marked. If you mark more than 15 it's gonna be noticeable, specially on Solo where there aren't squadmates wiping everything before your clones actually get to them. The problem isn't how fast or slow bladestorm's execution is. The problem is that Teleport and Blade Storm shouldn't be linked the way they are now. Sometimes you want to teleport execute someone right now, but you instead join the cutscene against your will. Meanwhile, BS key is not used for anything during the execution phase.

If it's 15 enemys marked then you'll tap 5. If you manage to activate it simultaneous that is... if you don't, you may not even do that. At the speed cap most enemys don't even take a second, what makes this "long cutscene" like 4 seconds long.... 4 seconds you don't exactly do nothing but make bladestorm 1/3 faster.

I mean i get that people want freedom and all but first of all, that basis is ridiculous and second, changing it to doubletapping his 4 would be another significant buff to bladestorm.

...makes you think what this really is about. Is it really about beein stuck 4 endless seconds? Is it about the absolute freedom to ignore bladestorm alltogether? Or is it just to ninjabuff bladestorms speed?.... I mean people do complain about bladestorm still not killing fast enough in lower levels a lot....

If it's that... why not use shurikens? They get the job done just fine. No need to complain about one of the best kits in the game imo.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

hace 11 horas, (PS4)CoolD2108 dijo:

I mean i get that people want freedom and all but first of all, that basis is ridiculous and second, changing it to doubletapping his 4 would be another significant buff to bladestorm.

How exactly is that a buff? Aiming at something and pressing 3 would take a fraction of a second for a seasoned player.

hace 11 horas, (PS4)CoolD2108 dijo:

...makes you think what this really is about. Is it really about beein stuck 4 endless seconds? Is it about the absolute freedom to ignore bladestorm alltogether? Or is it just to ninjabuff bladestorms speed?.... I mean people do complain about bladestorm still not killing fast enough in lower levels a lot....

It's about sh*tty button configuration. There is absolute no need for BS join in function to be on Teleport's button. It's a design flaw, not that Blade Storm doesn't have any *snicker*

At the very least the join in shouldn't activate on unmarked targets.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Nazrethim:

How exactly is that a buff? Aiming at something and pressing 3 would take a fraction of a second for a seasoned player.

If you're actually playing the game, possibly. If you're spin marking with max mouse sensitivity, probably not. Especially not when clones allready start occupying the closer targets.

"Design flaw" (with zero negative impact) sounds like a convinient excuse to buff that playstyle does it not?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

hace 5 horas, (PS4)CoolD2108 dijo:

If you're actually playing the game, possibly. If you're spin marking with max mouse sensitivity, probably not. Especially not when clones allready start occupying the closer targets.

"Design flaw" (with zero negative impact) sounds like a convinient excuse to buff that playstyle does it not?

If it wasn't a design flaw, there wouldn't be threads pointing out an obvious better option