Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo nerf was pointless

AkhorLuna

Limbo's stasis only applies to enemies now, which is a good change, but then the duration also got halved. And I got to ask myself, for what reason? Yes, it was an 75 second cc ability but what did it really do? Limbo is a very unique frame in the sense that his abilities are not for combat. He prepares the field, and then he fights using only his weapons. The thought process is completely different. Unless you are playing specifically with a low duration build, you don't worry about how much time you have left on the stasis (and even then you're probably not using stasis in the first place). you only consider if it's active or not. unlike other CC abilities, you do not actively use stasis during combat.

You have to understand that Limbo gets one-shot by almost anything. The one thing that is constantly running though your head while playing Limbo is "how can I kill the enemies without them killing me first?". because, you see, when Limbo is in a different plane than the enemy, he is safe, but he can't kill anything. but by entering the same plane, he gets one-shoot almost immediately. so the whole combat dynamic is to get them on the same plane as you while staying safe. It almost feels like a puzzle that you have to solve every mission. This is why Limbo never feels boring to me even after so much time playing him. There was this one time when my random squad in Hieracon decided to go for 30-something excavators just for the lulz and one of them was like "how can you still keep going? I'm already past my limit." and I was like "that's my secret, I'm beyond my limit since the very beginning." I started off the mission almost being one-shot already so it doesn't really make a difference for me how much overkill the enemies do.

Maybe all this rambling was a bit unnecessary but I want people to understand that you can't compare an 75 second stasis to a 20 second radial blind. the way that both situations are played out are completely different. Limbo only scales as much as his weapons allow him to. Staying safe in the rift doesn't really mean much if you can't kill anything.

Did this nerf change anything? No, other than the fact that now I have to press the 2nd ability twice the amount of times. Does this make Limbo weaker? Definitely not, but it does completely mess up my play style. 37 seconds may seem like a lot of stasis but it keeps running out during the most inconvenient times. I feel lost playing Limbo because the timing is completely off. I almost wish that DE had nerfed the duration on all his abilities equally instead of only nerfing stasis. what is happening right now, is that I have to afk look at my bottom right corner to see the timer on the ability because I completely lost the feel for it.

If this change is so bad, then how come no one complained about it? Because everyone freakin hates limbo and no one has experience playing as him so no one understands what's going on. The few Limbo players out there that I've seen talking about this are all upset about this change. What's going to happen now is that Limbo players will get used to this change and they will adapt to the new timing, and then it will be like this nerf never happened.

So again, what did this nerf really accomplish? Objectively speaking, pissing Limbo mains off was literally the only thing that this change accomplished. It was bad and completely useless.

Edited by AkhorLuna
just fixing grammar and stuff...

Just now, Airwolfen said:

The reason nobody is really complaining about it as much is because its something people can adapt to. And I'm pretty sure most limbo players are well on their way with adapting to the new setting.

HOW DARE YOU..? TS SAID IT'S AN AWFUL UNPLAYABLE NERF!

DELETE YOUR LIMBOS EVERYONE! UNISTALL WF! DE FORCING US TO PLAY AS THEY WANT! WE NEED FREEDOM!  

:clem:

Just now, Prof.549 said:

HOW DARE YOU..? TS SAID IT'S AN AWFUL UNPLAYABLE NERF!

DELETE YOUR LIMBOS EVERYONE! UNISTALL WF! DE FORCING US TO PLAY AS THEY WANT! WE NEED FREEDOM!  

:clem:

Damn DE, I always knew that in the end all they care about is how Pink we can make our Rhino look. Tststststs.

As a Limbo main, I don’t have an issue with the changes. Halved duration? Fine.. but I can now shoot enemies while buffed with rift torrent??? Yes please. 

Keep an eye on you timer. It’s what I do and I would suspect all Limbo players should. 

So what if you can’t keep things in stasis for 75 seconds.. you really shouldn’t have to. I don’t even run a max duration build and my stasis is 41 seconds, and I’ve killed what ever I was fighting by then,  and if not I recast immediately.

All weapons now work in the Rift period in multiplayer, there was no way they'd allow a pocket Simulacrum disable AI button to keep a high ability duration.

However, I wish they would keep Limbo's personal projectiles freezing/unfreeze so he can still create barrages.

The thing is... the nerf didn't change anything. you just have to press the button twice the amount of times. So, why? Just to make my life uncomfortable? why bother with the nerf if it's really just a button press? what's troubling me isn't the fact that I have to press a button, but the fact that DE went out of their way to make me press that button. But how dare me defy our creators, right?

lol, but in all seriousness, having a full minute stasis actually felt very relaxing for me. now I actually have to kill stuff before the time runs out.

49 minutes ago, AkhorLuna said:

for what reason?

You might want to sit down for this one.

Do you drink? You might want to go get one.

Have a seat.

Comfy?

Ok.

As hard as it is for you to accept, you're going to have to play Warframe now.

I know, I know.

I get it.

Need another drink?

Ok.

I do know what I'm saying. Just hear me out. You're going to have pay attention to the screen, and all the little mans on it and what they are doing. You might even have to press something other than what you were pressing before going afk. Like maybe your weapon button or possibly like move around a little. You might even have to put more mods in your warframe other than primed flow. Yeah, i know, I know, I've been there. You might even have to take weapons now. It sucks, it sucks real bad, but you're actually gonna have to do what all the other warframes do now, and have to click on your controller or keyboard or mouse or stuff like that, just like all the other plebs.   

It's gonna be tough, it's a real hard fall from grace, but you're gonna have to kind of be on a team during missions now and stuff. Just like everybody else. So maybe take a couple days off, find some distractions and then get some good sleep time in, cause tomorrow's a new day, and you gonna have to participate in the game now.

Just believe in yourself and you'll get through ok.

Edited by -Kittens-

3 minutes ago, AkhorLuna said:

The thing is... the nerf didn't change anything. you just have to press the button twice the amount of times. So, why? Just to make my life uncomfortable? why bother with the nerf if it's really just a button press? what's troubling me isn't the fact that I have to press a button, but the fact that DE went out of their way to make me press that button. But how dare me defy our creators, right?

lol, but in all seriousness, having a full minute stasis actually felt very relaxing for me. now I actually have to kill stuff before the time runs out.

You must be a solo limbo player, since the change also buff team play they had to balance it out.

8 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

You might want to sit down for this one.

Do you drink? You might want to go get one.

Have a seat.

Comfy?

Ok.

As hard as it for you to accept, you're going to have to play Warframe now.

I know, I know.

I get it.

Need another drink?

Ok.

I do know what I'm saying. Just hear me out. You're going to have pay attention to the screen, and all the little mans on it and what they are doing. You might even have to press something other than what you were pressing before going afk. Like maybe your weapon button or possibly like move around a little. You might even have to put more mods in your warframe other than primed flow. Yeah, i know, I know, I've been there. You might even have to take weapons now. It sucks, it sucks real bad, but you're actually gonna have to do what all the other warframes do now, and have to click on your controller or keyboard or mouse or stuff like that, just like all the other plebs.   

It's gonna be tough, it's real hard fall from grace, but you're gonna have to kind of be on a team during missions now and stuff. Just like everybody else. So maybe take a couple days off, find some distractions and then get some good sleep time in, cause tomorrow's a new day, and you gonna have to participate ion the game now.

Just believe in yourself and you'll get through ok.

I love you. everyone else is completely missing my point.

I've been a huge Limbo fan, but I've avoided playing him, because I didn't want to be viewed with suspicion by my teammates on account of his immense trolling capability. If removing the biggest aspect of his trolling (freezing teammates' bullets) means halving the duration of his Stasis, I'm more than willing to let it happen.

So again, what did this nerf really accomplish? Objectively speaking, pissing Limbo mains off was literally the only thing that this change accomplished. It was bad and completely useless.

I don't know about that...  now every time I see a Limbo in my party I no longer have the urge to alt + F4 anymore.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)Ghost DaVillain said:

but I can now shoot enemies while buffed with rift torrent???

Holy Maccaroni, you good sir just opened my mind. 

Got rid of Torrent as it's pretty useless with melees , but with a weapon with absurd damage... ooooh lord.

Is this a joke? The recent change was a a fair and balanced buff! How anyone in their right mind could call this a nerf is beyond me. Oh, you have to cast twice as often? So what?

You can now kill enemies with ease via ranged weapons in order to regain the energy required for the recast. But I guess that actually requires you to PLAY the game. What a novel concept!

The vast majority of frames will get insta-rekt by pretty much everything unless they can outright avoid all damage at the same point Limbo will. Limbo has that ability to avoid all incoming damage and it costs him nothing. Hek, it even provides energy. How many frames can boast to possess such a powerful tool at their disposal? He's a very powerful frame, and unfortunately his powers tend to adversly affect other players. The devs have to be very careful not to break him while reducing this effect his kit can have on the experience of others. It's a tough one for them. I do believe this change is overall a good thing, but it came at a cost. I don't see Limbo's survivability suffering from it at all, and you can still make him work just as well as before. So all in all, thumbs up for me, GG devs.

Edited by Marthrym

Not even remotely close to a nerf.

Shorter duration isn't a big deal when you never have to leave the rift and are totally immune to damage while being able to nuke stuff with all weapons.

Post update I was able to stroll through the entire sacrifice quest with limbo and took a total of zero damage while in frame form. 

Max duration, min range. Then use cataclysm as a targeted way to banish targets into your death realm (without ever having to leave the rift). Win. With duration setups you are still looking at like 40s to kill everything you trap. 

4 minutes ago, FR4GZ said:

Is this a joke? The recent change was a a fair and balanced buff! How anyone in their right mind could call this a nerf is beyond me. Oh, you have to cast twice as often? So what?

You can now kill enemies with ease via ranged weapons in order to regain the energy required for the recast. But I guess that actually requires you to PLAY the game. What a novel concept!

Exactly

The vast majority of limbo “mains” seem to not understand how he works, other than building for max range or duration.

Limbo has SO many tools at his disposal. This BUFF is a godsend for the players who use Limbo at his full potential imo. 

Its ok to build for duration and range, but people can’t expect changes to accommodate them singular. I personally don’t have a problem with casting stasis more than I did previously because I’m always using his power kit anyway. What’s another key press in between banishing targets via rift surge, casting rift surge to keep max buff, throwing a cata out behind me to prevent flanks (with stasis) anyway?

I am more than excited that stasis doesn’t stop my projectiles. I know guys liked to spike damage with it, but honestly the new changes decrease our TTK.

But I’ve played him and Mag exclusively for the past 4 years, making builds to suit me, my play style and teaming, so I may see things differently.

for real, you guys need to learn how to read. were exactly did I complain about the fact that Limbo can use pistols, or were did I say that he became weaker? I made it very clear that I was talking about the duration nerf specifically and that limbo did not become weaker because of it.

what is the logical reasoning to justify that a 60 second stasis is broken, but a 30 second one is fair?

this whole time, what I've been saying is that this change doesn't accomplish anything. cutting the duration in half does absolutely nothing to keep the ability in check.

yes, limbo op, stasis needs nerf, bla bla bla. but can someone please explain to me what exactly this duration change accomplished in practice? If the intention is to nerf his stasis, how is this a nerf? if this is a compensation for the fact that the other changes are a buff, how does the duration change compensate for that? how is that a logical trade-off?

because surely, what DE must have thought was "oh, did we just buff this ability? let's just cut the duration in half even though it makes no difference at all.", like that makes any sense.