The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is it possible to make warframes in your foundry? [Spoilers]

WhiteW0lf25

8 minutes ago, WhiteW0lf25 said:

According to 'The Sacrifice' Quest, Warframes are people that are injected with helminth and so they become warframes......

But how are you able to create them in your foundry?

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Your Foundry is simply capable of recreating genetic tissue.

The real question is, where do the credits go when you build said frames? To yourself? No... The foundry is ours?  No... 

tenor.gif?itemid=10726827

Spoiler

Ordis manages the Orbiter's mechanical functions and is its pilot, while Helminth is responsible for the biological and life support functions.

To hazard a guess, the construction of a Warframe is probably a collaboration between the two entities. The Foundry reads the blueprints for the Warframe, begins processing the required resources, and at the same time signals Helminth to gestate the appropriate strain of Infestation. The body and organic material are grown directly from the specialized Infestation residing within the Infirmary. Once the body template is complete, the assembly and fusion of the mechanical and biological components occur and the Warframe is complete.

Spoiler

Only Dax - or anyone who knew of Ballas' plot can become Umbras, either via signing up, or being punished into it, much like Alad V's Zanuka Program.

Primes and normal Warframes are like Grineer; they have been 'cloned' and so all memories, save for raw instinct, have been lost. Umbra is different, since we took the actual physical pieces of him and had Ordis reconstruct the rest of Excal U's body, even though he warned us not to.

To my understanding, all 'original' Warframes have sentience. Chroma is one visible example, and every Questframe has a story behind them, leading you to believe that they -were- like Umbra, but probably without the 'single burning memory'. Subsequent Foundry replications which don't use the source materials and 'release (Prime) versions' do not retain any memories. Examples of this include the synthetic restoration of Chroma, Inaros, Atlas, and Limbo.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Spoiler content within. Console users beware.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

The real question is, where do the credits go when you build said frames? To yourself? No... The foundry is ours?  No... 

There was actually an explanation a while back for that from the 'ask a cephalon' thing that used to exist.

Apparently, Ordis (and other ship cephalons presumably) siphon them off to pay for life support and the like, predicting that we would spend all our credits on guns or fashion items.
And I mean, they are not wrong.

The Warframes we drive (with the exception of Excalibumber) are, as best I can tell, lobotomized variants. In there somewhere there might be a faint glimmer of self -- the frame might know it's an "I" and not an "it" -- but my guess is that there's nothing self-aware about them. The design has been refined to exclude any higher brain function.

They're meat puppets, not individuals. Not anymore. 

Edit: oh, and yeah, our forge is basically a replicator. It just rebuilds the structure of the thing from the basic template. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

27 minutes ago, WhiteW0lf25 said:

Nano-technology. The foundry can be viewed as a nanoforge. 

The technocyte virus itself is heavily implied to be of nanotech nature. 

So...you just add feedstock to create basic elements and turn the little machines loose. They build to your provided blueprint and you have a warframe--or about anything else. 

I believe the Infestation have some hive mind and the Helminth strain does as well. So when Helminth creates a new surrogate it also transfers the memory of the original. This explains how after Umbra was initially destroyed we recreated him and he still had his memory intact.

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

According to DE's old blog, Ordis takes them to buy life support for the Orbiter

Anyway,

2 hours ago, WhiteW0lf25 said:

The foundry seems to double as a cloning machine as far as I can tell. Umbra was straight-up dead after the opening cutscene, so you have to clone a copy for the rest of the quest

The schematics we collect indicate the how the technocyte strains for the various organs are to be engineered, as well as the accompanying cybernetics that will be incorporated into them.

The credits you pay go to human traffickers.

The base "material" is placed in Helminth's chair and injected with the corresponding strain, and then placed in the pod/chamber located in the back of Helminth's room to incubate and further development.

The "build time" is the growth and surgical time needed to fully mature and implant the frame with the necessary control systems.

That or probably just cloning.

Edited by Ryme

Well the Infestation saves imprints/blueprints of those it absorbs...

So odds are The Helminth strain creates clones/genetic copies of the original & implants their memories into it.

So essentially the flesh is all Infested Tissue but imbued with the powers, memories, & personalities of the original subject.

I'm just spit balling however.

Nothing else makes sense though.