Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hind should have a Toggle like the Argonak

Jarl_Baalin

There might be other weapons too, but I think this would be nice.

A little story:
It's one of the earliest "alternative fire" weapons out there, and when a newbie like me got my hands on it, I frustratingly looked for a toggle for alternate fire in the options but didn't find any.
Then I asked the "Players helping Players" forum for tips and so on. But now I stumbled on the wiki page for every weapon that has alternate fire, and understood that a toggle for alternate fire wouldn't make sense for most weapons.

Hind was introduced around July 13, 2013. While Argonak was introduced around October 12th, 2017.
So I can imagine that the alternative fire switch for some weapons is a new thing.
So what about showing the Hind, the majestic baguette, some love?

8 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Hind does have a fire selector though. From 5 shot burst to semi auto.

No, alternate fire shoots 1 bullet while the primary fire shoots a burst of 5.
It doesn't select, it just shoots 1 bullet, while the Argonak toggles between the two.

I'd like the altfire of the hind to do something more... interesting, rather than just a simple semi-auto bullet, as we have plenty of those for altfires already.

Like, how about a 5-bullet "shotgun swarm". It'd be less accurate, but would be more "snappy".

Or a single shot (costing 5 ammo), that shatters into a shotgun swarm after it pierces the target (with innate punchthrough on the initial "slug").

Or, to get slightly crazier, a slug with heavy arcing which explodes on impact (nothing fancy, it'd be relatively weak). With that, give the 5-shot burst some innate punchthrough, so you have different niches (line of enemies / single enemy with the burst, spread out cluster of enemies with the explosion)

Just some ideas *shrugs*

Edited by Azamagon

17 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I'd like the altfire of the hind to do something more... interesting, rather than just a simple semi-auto bullet, as we have plenty of those for altfires already.

Like, how about a 5-bullet "shotgun swarm". It'd be less accurate, but would be more "snappy".

Or a single shot (costing 5 ammo), that shatters into a shotgun swarm after it pierces the target (with innate punchthrough on the initial "slug").

Or, to get slightly crazier, a slug with heavy arcing which explodes on impact (nothing fancy, it'd be relatively weak). With that, give the 5-shot burst some innate punchthrough, so you have different niches (line of enemies / single enemy with the burst, spread out cluster of enemies with the explosion)

Just some ideas *shrugs*

Yeah, new and interesting ideas are always welcome! Wouldn't mind something interesting at all. But a selector would be a HUGE improvement from what it is now though. Actually, anything would be an improvement, even removing the alternative fire from the Hind altogether. It just creates confusion in new players like me. And older players who have nearly forgotten the Hind who tries to help, also gets confused, just like Alcatraz and everyone on my other forum post here:

So yeah 🙂
Luckily, I now understand that the Hind is classified as "MR fodder" by the community, and that I can discard it once I've mastered it. But maybe other players don't.