Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.3 - Limbo Prime

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I have Excalibur Prime and I can assure you one thing: This change here is a mistake. He's Orokin tech and he should benefit.

What the hell does excal prime have to do with Umbra? Umbra is prototype for excal offcourse he is not gonna have the same things.

•  Make it easier to leave squad after a mission, tedious to drag to my icon and then have the option BELOW another option. The option to leave squad NEEDS to be right below, not the next one under "see profile", nobody wants to see his profile immediately after finishing a mission!

•  The full detailed list of players should be visible when I hit ESC during a mission, not drag the cursor over every single one to see.

•  Add back the top left button to go from Navigation to Arsenal and viceversa without completely exiting the menu.

• Increase window size of items in Inventory and add specific colors and their name in each one, no more hovering crap.

3 часа назад, Sohrem сказал:

What the hell does excal prime have to do with Umbra? Umbra is prototype for excal offcourse he is not gonna have the same things.

This is more about the meta stuff: that a Founder who paid for the Prime has a vested interest in Umbra not making it completely obsolete.

Speaking of, while I'm not a Founder, I don't like the Howl and sentience changes in this patch. The orbs thing actually sets Umbra apart from Prime more and there are some good lore reasons for it upthread. But the Howl change turns what was an interesting sidegrade of an ability into a straight upgrade (and looks rather bad besides), while the sentience change mitigates the risk that came with the additional power of the frame staying mobile in Operator mode. I don't like these changes. I think making Umbra "an even better Prime" is a mistake because it devalues Primes. And there are more Primes out there than just Excalibur, and Umbra already had some well-defined gimmicks that would work well with other frames too.

What I personally wanted from Umbra was not a replacement for Prime, but an alternative to it, an equivalently powerful but meaningfully different better version of a frame (mostly Excalibur, yes, but that doesn't mean I wanted or want Prime to become completely useless). And the original state of Umbra was closer to that (those mods, though...). But now Umbra looks more like a new flavor of power creep.

On the pro-Umbra note though, while the Orokin security systems indeed have good reasons to not recognize Umbra, Baro does not. That is a genuine Orokin-made gilded exterior, dude, show some respect!

Removed the Prime Passive of Energy pulse on Orokin Void Death Orb applying to Umbra as he is not considered a Prime.

surely it will not be Prime but I think this is a real nonsense! it was not necessary to remove it ... Excalibur umbra is part of the orokin technology ..
I'm sorry for my english..

1 hour ago, Illusive_Mike said:

This is more about the meta stuff: that a Founder who paid for the Prime has a vested interest in Umbra not making it completely obsolete.

Speaking of, while I'm not a Founder, I don't like the Howl and sentience changes in this patch. The orbs thing actually sets Umbra apart from Prime more and there are some good lore reasons for it upthread. But the Howl change turns what was an interesting sidegrade of an ability into a straight upgrade (and looks rather bad besides), while the sentience change mitigates the risk that came with the additional power of the frame staying mobile in Operator mode. I don't like these changes. I think making Umbra "an even better Prime" is a mistake because it devalues Primes. And there are more Primes out there than just Excalibur, and Umbra already had some well-defined gimmicks that would work well with other frames too.

What I personally wanted from Umbra was not a replacement for Prime, but an alternative to it, an equivalently powerful but meaningfully different better version of a frame (mostly Excalibur, yes, but that doesn't mean I wanted or want Prime to become completely useless). And the original state of Umbra was closer to that (those mods, though...). But now Umbra looks more like a new flavor of power creep.

On the pro-Umbra note though, while the Orokin security systems indeed have good reasons to not recognize Umbra, Baro does not. That is a genuine Orokin-made gilded exterior, dude, show some respect!

I love all the things they did with Umbra and the animation for the howl. Besides since excal prime is owned by less than 0.1 % of the player base he is irrelevent in these things.

On 2018-06-19 at 12:58 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed inability to apply Umbra Agile/Noble Animations to Warframes other than Umbra.

I'm hoping this is the intention, but I am able to apply them to any other Warframe without spending plat on them.  Thanks much!

I'm going to put my foot down and say this now, removing the "Death Orb" passive is redundant because looking at Umbras's history, BEFORE "The Sacrifice" dropped, he WAS considered a Prime with the introduction of Warframe's China build under the name of "Excalibur Umbra Prime" to which I reiterate, removing said Death Orb passive was somewhat unneeded. Really now Umbra as far as I can tell would simply be a good alternative to those that don't have founder access like others (because I just know the "founders" are gonna start something with this) and GIVES them an Excalibur Prime... without it being labeled as a prime. He is in essence an update to a preexisting prime that truthfully did need a lot more than what he offered because I'm gonna be honest... for a prime, Excalibur Prime was very underwhelming for what he offered.  I'd say just put it back because, yes... he IS a prime. An unofficial prime frame but a prime nonetheless.

And I already know I'm gonna get flack from the founders on this so I'm gonna say this now... NO. Hands off the keyboard, you stop right now. Excalibur Prime has already has his time in the limelight. Time to pass that torch to a new Excalibur Prime variant. So drop the salt and don't start anything.

Umbra is not stronger than prime versus any faction other than sentients.  Thanks to the odd polarities, umbra is stuck with defensive mods where prime can focus on damage.  

Same is true for his exhausted sword.  The new polarities lock you into sentinal damage.  Excal prime is still the better choice for the majority of content.  

I'm not arguing for excal prime release, my point is that it's a good side grade and founders still are exclusive with a useful frame, that just got a bump to base armor as well.  

No reason to remove death orb passive.  It's not like it was utterly OP anyway.

Archived