Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Prime has Arrived!

[DE]Danielle

Fair enough, @(XB1)AntiMomentum

Rift Surge can bring enemies into the Rift.  Stasis does indeed allow projectiles, but that only matters if the player is in the Rift, as you just said.  But Limbo does not need to let his allies into the Rift, and even if he wants to, he'll have to micro-manage and banish them (thus "nullifying" their weapons vs enemies not in the Rift, until they roll out again...), or leave Cataclysm in a strategic point they'll all be ok with staying in.  That's a tall order, and it shouldn't be the status quo.

I've heard complaints are more rare for Limbo on consoles, but let me tell you, Limbo on PC does not use Banish in pubs.  One accidental banish, and you'll easily get chewed out as a troll, regardless of how "helpful" it was.  And all of the above is assuming the whole squad knows how all of this works, which is not a reasonable assumption.

I don't disagree at all that it's incredibly useful, but it also negates the weapons of players in opposite planes, and does not provide them a remedy.  Limbo can be nice if he wants to, but the other players still need to understand how it works, and they still don't get to play the usual Warframe gameloop.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiMomentum said:

[...] so since [projectiles] are allowed I'm not sure about the "ability to nullify his teammates weapons" unless they are trying to shoot from one plane to the other.

23 hours ago, mactrent said:

[...] but making all of your team's weapons entirely irrelevant if enemies are in the Rift (or the reverse, if allies don't know about rolling out of the Rift) doesn't feel good for anyone.

Literally what was said there.  You may not have a problem with making my bullets (and melee, too, in case anyone's not following) do nothing to any enemies on a whole tile unless I'm in a bubble you may or may not deign to place for me, but I certainly do have a problem with it.

22 minutes ago, mactrent said:

Fair enough, @(XB1)AntiMomentum

Rift Surge can bring enemies into the Rift.  Stasis does indeed allow projectiles, but that only matters if the player is in the Rift, as you just said.  But Limbo does not need to let his allies into the Rift, and even if he wants to, he'll have to micro-manage and banish them (thus "nullifying" their weapons vs enemies not in the Rift, until they roll out again...), or leave Cataclysm in a strategic point they'll all be ok with staying in.  That's a tall order, and it shouldn't be the status quo.

I've heard complaints are more rare for Limbo on consoles, but let me tell you, Limbo on PC does not use Banish in pubs.  One accidental banish, and you'll easily get chewed out as a troll, regardless of how "helpful" it was.  And all of the above is assuming the whole squad knows how all of this works, which is not a reasonable assumption.

I don't disagree at all that it's incredibly useful, but it also negates the weapons of players in opposite planes, and does not provide them a remedy.  Limbo can be nice if he wants to, but the other players still need to understand how it works, and they still don't get to play the usual Warframe gameloop.

I don't really see banish being used in pubs either. Even of the trolls limbo's i've seen, they used old stasis/cataclysm, but I've seen maybe one outright banish troll in the past 2 years. The only time I use in banish in pubs are if its sortie defense for the operator. As long as Limbo is either using min range or max range the weapons between planes isn't really much of an issue, but yes for any range in between there is no remedy for the weapons themselves across planes. Personally, I'd like to see Banshee's quake get nerfed again or changed as I'm still more likely to get kills with a bad limbo on my team than a quake banshee.

Edited by (XB1)AntiMomentum

10 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiMomentum said:

I don't really see banish being used in pubs either. Even of the trolls limbo's i've seen, they used stasis/cataclysm, but I've seen maybe one outright banish troll in the past 2 years. The only time I use in banish in pubs are if its sortie defense for the operator. As long as Limbo is either using min range or max range the weapons between planes isn't really much of an issue, but yes for any range in between there is no remedy for the weapons themselves across planes. Personally, I'd like to see Banshee's quake get nerfed again or changed as I'm still more likely to get kills with a bad limbo on my team than a quake banshee.

The problem I was referring to was of enemies being placed out of reach, with the trolling by directly banishing a player as a minor (but topical) aside.  Rift Surge is arguably more troll-able with a Cataclysm that you then drop.  Cataclysm's range then becomes a non-issue - there's not any entrance to the Rift at all.  That this is one of the best ways to play Limbo solo doesn't matter if it breaks all your teammates weapons relative to, well, just about everything they can see.  And even if it was only a few enemies, is having them stand stock-still in plain sight, invulnerable to their weapons, still not an issue?

I'm not attacking Limbo, here, I'm asking for his kit to not be so easy to troll with, and to be able to use his whole kit in some way without de-facto trolling, regardless of my intentions.

Edit: I can't disagree with Banshee, either, though the augment change was a pretty nice step in the right direction - one that's allowing multiple players to actually play.

Edited by mactrent
Banshee

34 minutes ago, mactrent said:

The problem I was referring to was of enemies being placed out of reach, with the trolling by directly banishing a player as a minor (but topical) aside.  Rift Surge is arguably more troll-able with a Cataclysm that you then drop.  Cataclysm's range then becomes a non-issue - there's not any entrance to the Rift at all.  That this is one of the best ways to play Limbo solo doesn't matter if it breaks all your teammates weapons relative to, well, just about everything they can see.  And even if it was only a few enemies, is having them stand stock-still in plain sight, invulnerable to their weapons, still not an issue?

I'm not attacking Limbo, here, I'm asking for his kit to not be so easy to troll with, and to be able to use his whole kit in some way without de-facto trolling, regardless of my intentions.

I can't disagree with Banshee, either, though the augment change was a pretty nice step in that direction.

Going back to a previous point, I think it'd be nice if the rolling out of banish also applied to cataclysm. For example, a tenno can already shoot enemies outside of the cataclysm from inside. As well as hack consoles in the rift. If an enemy from the outside shoots at the tenno then the tenno can be hurt. If a similar mechanic applied to warframes they could roll and just nuke everything outside of the cataclysm with their weapons without actually having to run around the outside of it, but also exposes them to outside enemy fire to help keep it balanced

As for troll Limbos using the cataclysm + rift surge - cataclysm, how common is that combo on PC? I didn't think casual limbos used rift surge much 😕 I thought the trolls mostly just used stasis and cataclysm or banish?

Once in a blue moon, it's happened to me... 3 times in all this time, IIRC.  Not even sure it was trolling in all those cases, though, which is the problem: it doesn't matter if he's intentionally trolling or not, any use of Rift Surge or Banish effectively has the same outcome unless we've planned on going with Limbo.  There's always an enemy staring everyone in the face, that nobody has the ability or the inclination to kill.  There's always some moment of confusion as the Surge spreads Banish to an enemy you were able to shoot a second ago, or you're just not able to visually identify which amongst the horde of enemies you're able to shoot.

I dig your suggestion, but let me add to it: I think it'd be nice if Tenno could go in and out of the Rift at any time, whenever there's Rifted enemies nearby.  Or even Rifted Limbo nearby, instead of having to search for a portal.   Doesn't solve education or "suddenly unshootable, must Rift now" issues, but it's a step up from now.  Other suggestions vary in complexity and scope, but I think we've agreed that changes to how other players interact with the Rift would be nice.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)AntiMomentum said:

I didn't think casual limbos used rift surge much 😕

Not in pubs, for exactly that reason.  Banish and Rift Surge are troll-mostly powers on public, and communication-only powers on premade squads.  You simply don't use these tools around other players.  Forgive a little hyperbole, but that's pretty close to the practical reality.

If Rift Torrent's damage multiplier applied to allies, then pre-made squads would at least have a reason to use it other than strictly for Limbo's benefit.  A pre-made squad is, by definition, not usually trolling, so Limbo will be extra careful to let his allies access the Rift when they want.  But that's still the exception for this power.

Edited by mactrent
Nope, don't use it much in groups

On 2018-06-19 at 4:56 PM, mactrent said:

Other suggestions vary in complexity and scope, but I think we've agreed that changes to how other players interact with the Rift would be nice.

Yeah I agree to that to an extent. As long as the fundamentals of how the abilities effect enemies -themselves- aren't changed much. Limbo really starts to shine in really long endless missions where stuff starts to become less nukeable. Whether or not people like it, his cc is quite powerful. I don't want to lose that. Make it easier on everyone else but keep the countless options the Rift can provide.

" and to be able to use his whole kit in some way without de-facto trolling,"
He actually already can, just a technicality correction. It's the casual/trolls who don't know how to do so. A min range/max duration old or new stasis Limbo can't troll much at all except with Banish, and even then if they know to use min range max duration they already know better. Banish causes knockdown, so it's great to use for extra knockdown damage  on enemies already inside a cataclysm. A 25% duration Limbo can also use his whole kit without unintentionally trolling, as any ability will only last 5 seconds (or less), and to keep an enemy in the rift for longer will be relentlessly recasting again and again to do so. This makes unintentional trolling nigh impossible with that build, and very difficult to intentionally troll with as well. Being used to Limbo, I have lasted about 30 minutes in the void with this. I haven't tried pushing that build past that point, sorties are next.It's not something I'd use for endgame. But it's also great for shield ospreys, as a 5 second banish is enough to to reset it's instant shield recharge, allowing you to recharge a defense pod's shields completely within 5 seconds (not including cast time, but you need natural talent for this build anyways). Good thing cephalon suda sells shield ospreys 🙂
 There are also options with various duration builds and shield ospreys, I'm just getting started on that. A duration banish on the osprey can keep it out of combat until you specifically want it to cap the pod's sheilds, to save ospreys (and therefore standing) even. This can be used with the Zeinistar, a min range/max duration build, and no stasis too. Then there's spectres lmao. Just banish a Gara spectre. Any useful spectre wf.

I do mean "countless options" seriously

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

16bafe11f0a19c9619e96e3a890728ec.jpg

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime, and Pyrana Prime have arrived - like magic!
The Rifts are opening and a Cataclysm is about to begin. Wield the wily Void magician, bend the power of the Void to your will, and outwit your enemies.

Limbo Prime Access Features: 

• Limbo Prime: Manipulate the Void as the golden gentleman. 
  • Limbo Prime Glyphs: Embody Limbo Prime with these Prime Glyphs. 
  • Destreza Prime: Precise strikes and high Puncture damage make this Prime rapier devastating against armored targets. 
  • Pyrana Prime: A far cry from a gentleman’s traditional dueling pistol, this Tenno secondary automatic shotgun shreds enemies with ease.

f46e017ffecb6e22f399b77dfe1978c9.jpg

Limbo Prime Accessories 

• Oblivia Prime Syandana 
  • Rift Walker Prime Sigil 
  • 90 Day Credit Booster 
  • 90 Day Affinity Booster

Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime, and Pyrana Prime Relics have replaced all locations of Zephyr Prime, Tiberon Prime, and Kronen Prime Relics:

• Plains Bounties
  • Sanctuary Onslaught
  • Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (Radiant)
  • Added in the Orokin Derelict Defense mix
  • Added in the Orokin Derelict Survival mix
  • And the list goes on! Check out the public PC drop tables here.
    • *Zephyr Prime, Tiberon Prime, and Kronen Prime Relics are also still out in the wild, just not in exclusive spots like Bounties or Onslaught. 

PS4 Release Dates: 

• North America: June 19th
  • Europe: June 20th
  • Asia: June 20th
  • Japan: June 21st

Check out Limbo Prime Access here: https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

Please note that some Limbo changes are coming in a future Update for PS4/XB1 Tenno: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/966164-titanias-exalted-weapons-limbo-a-quick-workshop/ 

Nekros Prime, Galatine Prime, and Tigris Prime have entered the Vault!

• With this Vaulting comes the shift of the follow Syndicate sacrifices:
  • Replaced Arbiters of Hexis sacrifice of Nekros Prime Neuroptics to Mirage Prime Systems.
  • Replaced Cephalon Suda sacrifice of Nekros Prime Chassis to Oberon Prime Chassis.
  • Replaced Steel Meridians sacrifice of Nekros Prime Neuroptics to Zephyr Prime Chassis.
  • Replaced Steel Meridians sacrifice of Galatine Prime Blade to Sybaris Prime Stock.

If you already wield the power of these Primes or have their Relics in your Inventory, they will remain after the Vaulting.

I wish we already had the changes to his kit.

The biggest issue I have with Limbo is the rift effects. No matter what color you use, the effect hurts my eyes something terrible and gives me a horrible headache. That's why I don't like him. I've even tried the toggle features for warframe effects and lowering brightness. Limbo is the one frame that is completely unplayable for me due to this issue. Nothing else gives me sore eyes and a splitting headache like Limbo. 

9 hours ago, Mouchermil said:

launcher.png

Same error. Any tips?

Edit:

I found the problem. It's in your current connection, I have the same error and when I switch from my home wifi to my mobile hotspot the updates just work

Edited by mepaade

Whoa yeah that prime accessories pack is very lack luster, zephyr gets a kavat with armour and a operator suit, limbo gets a plastic sheet smaller then initially advertised and non PBR sticker..... (the 1 that came with nova prime i don't even use, it doesn't really work well as a cosmetic)

I just deleted a rant on limbo being out right nerfed before his prime came out, but this isn't the thread for it. Just gonna say odd business idea, as usually buffing the frame would be more of an incentive.