Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DjKaplis

Sarpa and Shattering impact on eidolons

Recommended Posts

Hi!

 

Could someone clarify this - Sarpa with shattering impact mod equipped seems to not remove eidolon armor anymore. Is it just me or it was changed at some point?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you test damage to make sure it wasn't just keeping the yellow bar? I know for a long time there was a host/client issue with the health bar updating to not be yellow, dunno if they ever fixed that.

 

As a note, if it does still work, you don't want to strip all armor as Radiation already bypasses 3/4 of it and also gets an extra 3/4 amp for going through a negligible amount of it- on top of the 1/2 amp that Robotic gives you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like that bug is still around so I just guess as to the number of procs is best based on how many people are running Corrosive Projection so as to strip as much armor as possible without going over 100% armor removal.

My guess is if one person is running CP I try not to proc the Shattering Sarpa more than 3 or 4 times (might be still be too many, not sure).  2 CPs'  then maybe two Procs max for me.   If there are 3 CPs running I don't even bother hitting them with Shattering Impact at all.

Hopefully someone knows the correct method because honestly I don't. 

But yeah, as said above, don't remove all of the armor or you will have to all switch to pure electrical damage weapons which isn't usually an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do solo tri-Eidolon runs, so counting the number of Sarpa shots may be easier than in a group.

That said - the Sarpa with Shattering Impact will need 5 shots to reduce the Teralyst's armor to almost (but not quite) zero, the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst need 6 each.

I use Dead Eye for the aura, so YMMV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

It seems like that bug is still around so I just guess as to the number of procs is best based on how many people are running Corrosive Projection so as to strip as much armor as possible without going over 100% armor removal.

My guess is if one person is running CP I try not to proc the Shattering Sarpa more than 3 or 4 times (might be still be too many, not sure).  2 CPs'  then maybe two Procs max for me.   If there are 3 CPs running I don't even bother hitting them with Shattering Impact at all.

Hopefully someone knows the correct method because honestly I don't. 

But yeah, as said above, don't remove all of the armor or you will have to all switch to pure electrical damage weapons which isn't usually an option.

Wasn't it changed so that auras no longer strip armor? Hence the usage of Sarpy since 90% removal leaves theneidolon with 20 . armor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I asked to make sure if perhaps someone already tested it. But I guess I will go and test myself or just deal with not knowing everything xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Aegni said:

Wasn't it changed so that auras no longer strip armor? Hence the usage of Sarpy since 90% removal leaves theneidolon with 20 . armor

I know they made Shield Disruption no longer work pretty early on.  But never heard that CP was changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Don_T_Shoot said:

I know they made Shield Disruption no longer work pretty early on.  But never heard that CP was changed.

You're right CP does work, but if you have 3 people with CP there is no need for sarpa since a single shot will remove whatever armor is left and you want the radiation damage buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-19 at 1:42 PM, Don_T_Shoot said:

But yeah, as said above, don't remove all of the armor or you will have to all switch to pure electrical damage weapons which isn't usually an option.

I mean, you don't *have* to switch, you'd still be getting an amp from radi vs robotic.... it's just you'd be getting a much larger amp for radi vs robotic through alloy. Still more damage than if the terry has full armor, though, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-19 at 1:27 PM, DjKaplis said:

Hi!

 

Could someone clarify this - Sarpa with shattering impact mod equipped seems to not remove eidolon armor anymore. Is it just me or it was changed at some point?

 

Thanks!

Only the Host can see if it has been removed or not if you join other player's game you wont be able to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-19 at 4:42 PM, Don_T_Shoot said:

I just guess as to the number of procs is best based on how many people are running Corrosive Projection so as to strip as much armor as possible without going over 100% armor removal.

My guess is if one person is running CP I try not to proc the Shattering Sarpa more than 3 or 4 times (might be still be too many, not sure).  2 CPs'  then maybe two Procs max for me.   If there are 3 CPs running I don't even bother hitting them with Shattering Impact at all.

since Shattering Impact removes Base Armor and Corrosive Projection removes live Armor, it shouldn't make a difference... ala it shouldn't be removing 6 Base Armor and 6 live Armor, just reducing their base value by 6.

so removing 198 of the Base Armor, leaving 1% of the base Armor, shouldn't conflict with Corrosive Projection... the Teralyst for example, having 1107 live Armor, removing 99% of it by removing the base and then removing another 90% from Corrosive Projection SHOULD leave it with exactly 1 Armor left.
this is assuming the game works in a logical and expected manner (but we know that's not always the case).

hmm, unless Corrosive Projection also reduces their base value... which is something the game could do i guess.
i don't use both almost ever since it's very redundant as a couple percent Damage Resist left is w/e, hehe - so i don't have this memorized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...