Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oblivia Prime Syandana + Rift Walker Sigil Feedback

NightmareT12

So, I just bought the whole Limbo Prime Access. Checking the Accessories, I must say that the Oblivia Prime Syandana is surprisingly WAY better than I expected. Love the cloth physics here, moves like other capes we have with proper clothes 😉

HOWEVER... There's two things: The Syandana is placed a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too high. The top of it touches the hat.

wXWIlMy.jpg

If you could lower the attachment point just sliiiiiiiiightly it would be perfect 👌

f46e017ffecb6e22f399b77dfe1978c9.jpg

The second part, and this is VERY IMPORTANT: From now on, you guys should use in game images to showcase these clearer than promo pics. Because the perspective, positioning and the fact that it is a render and not a screenshot, creates an "optical illusion" making the cape look bigger (when it is not).

Making the cape bigger would obviously be a bad choice because it would make the whole thing look humongous. Please don't change it, but adress the promo picture ASAP please.

Second part: Rift Walker Sigil

The metallics, like the Cycuta Prime, are still not so good.H9KD4zI.jpg

This still needs improvement from the Art team's side and I hope you guys can finally reach a good metallic look there. Please keep trying to improve these! Don't throw the towel there!

Thanks for your time! And I hope something useful comes out of these 🙂

Edited by NightmareT12

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

snip 😉

I haven't bought the accessories pack, I personally think it's far too expensive for what you get, but I was going to comment on the fact the promotional imagery makes it look A LOT longer than your image.... that's bordering on false advertising imo. 

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I haven't bought the accessories pack, I personally think it's far too expensive for what you get but I was going to comment on the fact the promotional imagery makes it look A LOT longer than your image.... that's bordering on false advertising imo. 

They should immediately make a new picture. It's pretty clear the size is the same when you have your hands in, but these promo pictures have created nothing but issues lately unfortunately on armor sets + syandanas.

Not usually a fan of this but @[DE]Megan I'd appreciate if you could check with your marketing team some options as soon as possible to avoid confusion + dissatisfaction.

The Art team shouldn't be the one to fix stuff because of marketing pictures AFAIK.

Edited by NightmareT12

Thanks for doing this OP.  I wasn't really enthusiastic about this round's accessory pack because it seemed like there was very little value.  The only thing I "kind of" wanted was the Sigil because it looks pretty cool in the promotional picture, and I don't like the Syandana.  After seeing your screenshot which reveals the metallic surfaces aren't very good, I am mostly definitely NOT buying this accessory pack.  

Also:  Yeah, Syandana false advertising is a bit scummy.  

2 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Thanks for doing this OP.  I wasn't really enthusiastic about this round's accessory pack because it seemed like there was very little value.  The only thing I "kind of" wanted was the Sigil because it looks pretty cool in the promotional picture, and I don't like the Syandana.  After seeing your screenshot which reveals the metallic surfaces aren't very good, I am mostly definitely NOT buying this accessory pack.   

Also:  Yeah, Syandana false advertising is a bit scummy.  

I didn't like the Syandana in pics, but the way it moves as soon as I equipped it was "Oh wow, this is like a Prime Izvara". It's pretty nifty and cool.

Sigil metallics I was already expecting, as the Cycuta Prime didn't end up looking too good after PBR conversion. Founder sigils look more metallic but we're not quite there. It can be improved though, and I know the team is capable. They just need some more time.

Edited by NightmareT12

12 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I didn't like the Syandana in pics, but the way it moves as soon as I equipped it was "Oh wow, this is like a Prime Izvara". It's pretty nifty and cool.

Oh, that's not too bad than.  Can you add to your OP a side-profile picture?  Does it extend as far away from the body as the Izvara does? 

If it were relatively close to the body and length stretched down to the warframe's calves, I'd be a bit more enthused

Edited by AlMcFly

1 minute ago, AlMcFly said:

Oh, that's not too bad than.  Can you add to your OP a side-profile picture?  Does it extend as far away from the body as the Izvara does?  

If it were relatively close to the body and length stretched down to the warframe's calves, I'd be a bit more enthused.  

I hope this helps, used Excalibur with Noble Stance to make it easy

Xjacmaw.jpg

I hope DE sees this and makes some changes to those prime sigils. Sucks the syandana couldn't be longer like the promo pic. Please DE put the effort into prime accessories. They don't feel special like the old accessories packs. And please why is the texture of the standard different from the limbo prime. I really dislike when they do that. I'm begging you DE you gotta turn your ways a bit.

Il y a 12 heures, Chess4Years a dit :

I should've checked the forums. Frick me, I already just sent a message to Support about the fact that the Sigil and Cape are ass. Should've just never bought it in the first place.

Yeah i regret it aswell for now, even if i knew i wouldn't like the cape, the sigil is just disgusting atm ... hope they'll fix it coz it really cost alot of $$$

Just showing my support for the OP - especially for the work on that Sigil. It would be such a beautiful sigil if it had the proper metallic look.

I'm wondering - would it be beneficial to create a thread specifically for Prime Sigil's? As Cycuta Prime needs the same TLC...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shade0217 said:

Just showing my support for the OP - especially for the work on that Sigil. It would be such a beautiful sigil if it had the proper metallic look.

I'm wondering - would it be beneficial to create a thread specifically for Prime Sigil's? As Cycuta Prime needs the same TLC...

Thanks. I just want to take the chance to make my stance clear again: The Syandana is fine as it is, just needs a bit of repositioning, and my issue is with the pictures they put up as marketing because they are models on top of the other and not a loaded asset from the game itself, if you get what I mean. I just wanted to bring to DE's attention they need to be more straightforward, as I've seen something similar happen a few times before as well.

I have Tweeted Steve as well a suggestion to give the Syandana's inner part the same "Rift" effect Limbo Prime has, which would give it some more "Prime oomph". I feel it's something fairly easy to do and could work very well.

As for the Sigil, I was saddened DE hasn't taken some time to improve the PBR pass. I also got Cycuta Prime and I remember writing feedback about it as well a couple years ago on release. Founder Sigils got some time later better metallics but people showed their discontent as well. I'm aware it's not as easy to fix because PBR doesn't seem to work too well on the "2D plane"/type of texture Sigils are, but I am sure some improvements can be explored if they're given time.

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, NullSaint said:

They have said they will be adjusting the attach point for the syandana, and I think looking at the sigil.

Yah, sorry I didn't include Steve's tweet about it -- but I saw it a couple times already and one posted by Danielle herself so I thought it unnecessary 😛

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yah, sorry I didn't include Steve's tweet about it -- but I saw it a couple times already and one posted by Danielle herself so I thought it unnecessary 😛

Np. I just wanted to point it out for the others in the thread because it seemed like some didn't know. You sounded like you had a handle on things. :)

Someday, I will. :clem: 

On 2018-06-19 at 11:53 AM, NightmareT12 said:

Founder sigils look more metallic but we're not quite there

Don't Founder sigils still look gritty as hell since the last time they were changed? Last I checked, they still have that muffed up covered-in-sand look.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

Don't Founder sigils still look gritty as hell since the last time they were changed? Last I checked, they still have that muffed up covered-in-sand look.

They are metallic and seem PBR but have some issue with the metallic looking more like chrome than Prime. But I think we're both referring to that last update.