Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's depressing state of REAL assault rifles

Artekkor

Lol.

All of the wapons listed above can take you to ANY non endless mission and give you a chance of winning.

What do you expect from a gun? You want 10 rounds per second with sniper like damage? 30%  crit on every gun and 200 base damage? How is awesome status bad?

It is a good thing you removed all the bad handling rifles from your list, like Buzzolk.

And finally, why remove grakata, soma, gorgon? They are afterall pretty decent no?

And second finally.. Try tiberon prime with a good riven. 12-25k damage per shot in full auto.

2 часа назад, Eljureo сказал:

Lol.

All of the wapons listed above can take you to ANY non endless mission and give you a chance of winning.

What do you expect from a gun? You want 10 rounds per second with sniper like damage? 30%  crit on every gun and 200 base damage? How is awesome status bad?

It is a good thing you removed all the bad handling rifles from your list, like Buzzolk.

And finally, why remove grakata, soma, gorgon? They are afterall pretty decent no?

And second finally.. Try tiberon prime with a good riven. 12-25k damage per shot in full auto.

They definetely are. But not all of them. Karak Wraith struggles badly past 80 level. Status alone is not enough. There is not enough damage to back it up. I'm currently experimenting with Corrosion + Heat builds (corrosion strips armor, heat melts health) but so far i wasn't able to test it in a high-level environment.

I want a gun that can deal decent amount of DPS (Soma, Gorgon (prisma), Grakata levels) without relaying on machine-gun level firerate of 15+ rounds per second that melts my ammo pool, while also combined with spin-up mechanics which discourages controled bursts and encourages trigger happiness and spray & pray. Awesome status is not bad if it has something to back it up. There's no reason to melt opponent's armor if the gun deals no damage to begin with.

Buzzlok is far from you conventional assault rifle. More like heat-seeking bolt caster. I actually love the gun, but it doesn't feel like a proper conventional assault rifle. In fact it discourages you from treating it like that by having uncomfortable recoil and slow projectiles (i believe - slower than those of Boltor).

Grakata - SMG, not a rifle. Low caliber, high fire rate. Deals high amount of DPS through spraying targets with 100 bullets in 3 seconds. The function and aesthetics are somewhat closer to that of Vector SMG. Not what i seek (although i still love it when in the mood).
Soma, Gorgon, Supra, Tenora - are all the same offenders of using the stupid spin-up mechanic. What the hell does it spins in there? None of them are actualy miniguns with multiple barrels or anything like that. It makes no sense for them to have a spin-up. And frankly - its annoying, due to reasons mentioned previously (no bursts, only spra).

Tiberon is fine. For the most part. It doesn't quiet look like a proper assault rifle, more like some kind of a semi-sniper one? but at least it functions a-okay. No spin up bullS#&$, critical-focused with fair amount of crit chance (as opposed to unreliable semi-auto ones like Latron, Grinlok and Argonak. And that new one... Velsdt?).
But, isn't the full-auto mode trades critical chance for status in quiet radical numbers?

although ill agree that there seems to be a lack of traditional good full auto rifle weapons i feel like youre just being too picky with certain things... status is not a gimmick its one of the 2 only effective methods to building weapons for late game, good status builds are insanely powerful and you get 3 pages for each weapon and there are 3 enemy types. secondly as for rivens youre ignoring them because you have to trade? thats one of the biggest core aspects of the game. if you dont like the weapons for the rivens you got sell them and buy one for a weapon you like. unrolled mediocre rivens are usually really cheap and hell you could sell prime parts or mods and be able to afford a really good one in a week or two. 

Anyways my point is if you ignore these two core aspects of the game (trading and status builds) youre severely limiting the weapons you can choose and missing out on alot. i mean the best shotguns are status builds and those are the most powerful guns in the game but you wont use it because its a "gimmick" ? lol. primed narrow minded.

4 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Tiberon is fine. For the most part. It doesn't quiet look like a proper assault rifle, more like some kind of a semi-sniper one? but at least it functions a-okay. No spin up bullS#&$, critical-focused with fair amount of crit chance (as opposed to unreliable semi-auto ones like Latron, Grinlok and Argonak. And that new one... Velsdt?).

But, isn't the full-auto mode trades critical chance for status in quiet radical numbers?

I might be biased, using a crit riven... But in my build I actually use Gas damage + Hunter munitions.

Also in a slightly different way Braton prime does epic with a slash viral/ crit build (again with riven, but no hunter munitions, just ample status with slash mod)

Karak has that impact "going for it". I agree with you there. Best you can do is viral/radiation and use it for CC. Then kill with your melee, equiped with different status mods.

Vary your combos move away from corrosive. It takes ages to melt armor, you might wanna bypass it with slash, gas + other ways. 

I personally think the lack of that many straight forward damage/crit assault rifles is a good thing because it forces those who don't like the current selection of ARs to try everything else particularly new players who would naturally gravitate to them initially due to how prevalent they are in other games. 

Edited by GuardWarg

Tiberon Prime is best Assault Rifle right now, hands down. It does best Semi, Burst, and Full Auto (or close enough that it might as well be in the top 3) assault rifle.

But yes, it would be nice if we had some more weapons that were less garbage primary assault rifles and more actually worth using in end-game.

Remember the days when the Bolter Prime was a top gun? Then the Soma Crit-LMG came out, but for a while, the Bolter Prime was a beast. Then again, it was mostly because Damage was king and not Crit or Status.

It would also be nice if running an Assault Rifle (or any other fully auto gun for that matter) didn't require running carrier P. Ammo as a resource for auto guns is simply terrible in Warframe, and always has been. One of the reasons shotguns are so good is that they do good damage, and have wonderful ammo economy.

One thing they could do to fix this is that if a weapon is holstered, it should gain an ammo mutation passive. IE if you run over lots of ammo, it refills fast. This encourages you to use more than one weapon, but does not force the usage of ammo plates or carriers.

On 2018-06-19 at 5:43 PM, Artek94 said:

Buzzlok is excluded for being too gimmicky (extremely slow bullets + marking mechanic). 

Grave mistake.

Marking is merely a +20 seconds of +50% crit chance, and the bullet speed has been significantly buffed. Buzlok is one of the best auto-rifles right now, if you can get a decent riven for it.

My main issue with most rifles is the near obligatory use of ammo mutation of some kind to offset the high firerate and low damage changes that were made a while back, which is Buzlok's greatest strength as it has very high base damage and crit with a below average firerate, perfect for never running out of ammo.

Edited by PrivateRiem

9 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Tiberon Prime is best Assault Rifle right now, hands down. It does best Semi, Burst, and Full Auto (or close enough that it might as well be in the top 3) assault rifle.

But yes, it would be nice if we had some more weapons that were less garbage primary assault rifles and more actually worth using in end-game.

Remember the days when the Bolter Prime was a top gun? Then the Soma Crit-LMG came out, but for a while, the Bolter Prime was a beast. Then again, it was mostly because Damage was king and not Crit or Status.

The Boltor Prime is a beast again. It’s now the Soma P that’s fallen off. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

I might have to take it out into the field to try once more then. I'll be truthful that I've really fallen in love with the Supra Vandal (which is more LMG than assault rifle with it's spin-up mechanic). It's mostly the fact it has huge ammo reserves and generates energy (with the syndicate mod) that really sells it as my default primary nowadays.

Edited by Salenstormwing

17 часов назад, PrivateRiem сказал:

in issue with most rifles is the near obligatory use of ammo mutation of some kind to offset the high firerate and low damage changes that were made a while back, which is Buzlok's greatest strength as it has very high base damage and crit with a below average firerate, perfect for never running out of ammo.

Exactly.
Buzlok is pretty much what a true assault rifle should be - it delivers high-damage efficient package with fire rate that's not too big but enough. Much like that heavy assault rifle from DOOM which i mentioned in my example.

Yet, for some reasons, it just had to have the marking mechanic and bullets that are not too slow, but inconvinient enough.
Also their weird chaotic pattern when you just shoot them out (like they change the direction midflight even if you didnt marked anyhing) makes me a little bit dizzy.

Edited by Artek94

On 2018-06-20 at 12:43 AM, Artek94 said:

Harpak

Actually a Harpoon luncher, you excluded Boltor so this needs to also be excluded.

Sybaris

Grinlok

Both are Lever Action Rifles, not Assault Riffles.

3 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Exactly.
Buzlok is pretty much what a true assault rifle should be - it delivers high-damage efficient package with fire rate that's not too big but enough. Much like that heavy assault rifle from DOOM which i mentioned in my example.

Yet, for some reasons, it just had to have the marking mechanic and bullets that are not too slow, but inconvinient enough.
Also their weird chaotic pattern when you just shoot them out (like they change the direction midflight even if you didnt marked anyhing) makes me a little bit dizzy.

Rounds are perfectly accurate without heavy caliber and the crit bonus from the tracer round lasts 20 seconds regardless of whether the marked target is dead.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

lol, Soma P hasn't changed a tick. Literally, the big primary rebalance didn't change its stats in the slightest.

OP, as far as assault rifles go, this isn't a tactical shooter and weapons aren't a one-size-fits-all choice. They get a lot more mileage out of frames with damage amp skills than most burst damage weapons do, and are balanced with that in mind.

4 часа назад, PrivateRiem сказал:

Rounds are perfectly accurate without heavy caliber and the crit bonus from the tracer round lasts 20 seconds regardless of whether the marked target is dead.

I wasnt arguing that they are innacurate. I was arguing that they are slow. Even mid-range moving targets become quiet inconvinient to hit. Not too much, i've seen worse, but inconvinient enough.

5 hours ago, Pent_ said:

Helluva nitpick there. The funny things about video games is most people have opinions on them, and all those opinions are subjective. Come on dude.

and why should this opinion be taken into consideration when others don't? what about the opinions who don't support this? 

I don't see the point of the comment, stating the obvious doesn't really do anything does it (and no it's not funny) XD

13 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

lol, Soma P hasn't changed a tick. Literally, the big primary rebalance didn't change its stats in the slightest.

Exactly, and so the Soma P has fallen off against all those buffs. Soma P is being left behind not too unlike the Boltor P was befor the primary rebalance.  

Edited by (XB1)Godlike13

On 2018-06-27 at 9:40 PM, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

Exactly, and so the Soma P has fallen off against all those buffs. Soma P is being left behind not too unlike the Boltor P was befor the primary rebalance.  

Exactly, Soma P is just as capable as it was before. Thank you for agreeing with me, even though you could have just not replied.