Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Irrational Limbo Hate

Nosferagon

So even after the changes to stasis and the rift i find it baffling and incredibly sad that i am harrassed just for using Limbo. Quite literally was told to f off and called a show off for already having limbo when i just wanted to try him out in Onslaught. Even after stopping to use stasis, so the only thing i was providing was free energy regen, this behaviour continued. Should stasis become a slow instead of complete halt? should being in the rift provide only dmg reduction instead? Honestly dont know, all i know is getting berated like this only made it so what little time i had to play today was ruined. Hope the guy running saryn enjoyed competing with the other two saryns since i felt like i had become a glorified revive station. but hey free xp and loot i guess. (sorry needed to vent).

I think the forums are more occupied with attacking Founders who feel slighted about Umbra.  

That guy who called you a "show-off" sounds like he was just salty he doesn't have the cash to buy Limbo Prime.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I mean, "show-off"?  What kind of lame insult is that?

The problem for people is Cataclysm. It is an absolute pain in the ass to kill enemies at the edges of it because they keep walking in and out and in and out and in and out of the bubble and you can only deal damage to them at the very most half of the time. It also makes players unable to damage anything other side the bubble with weaponry. People hate Frost's snowglobe for the exact same reason. Why CC if you can just kill everything in a single hit? Bring Limbo when enemies hit level 500+.

Well that's nothing new. Limbo is my most played Frame and I only got 1 compliment for playing Limbo in about 1k hours.

the thing is, many people jump on the bandwagon and just hate Limbo because some Youtubers or people in region chat tell them that he is bad. 

Sure  a bad Limbo can be a bit annoying, but there are always ways to avoid getting trolled by him. 

So DE could change Limbo how they want, if he doesn't become the next Mesa/Rhino/Excalibur people will continue to hate him.

I was going to make a thread for this very specific topic. Quite frankly Limbo's reputation simply isn't justified. At this point, saying "Limbo sucks" is the very equivalent to say "guns kill people/" It's simply not true.The gun has no volition of it's own. It doesn't decide who lives and who dies. The person using the gun however, does. It's the same with Warframes. The hate  Limbo receives is HIGHLY irrational and borderline idiotic in my opinion. The problem isn't the frame. It's the people. I've seen far too many people who don't know how to play Limbo, or play WITH Limbo. Banish, Rift Walk, Cataclysm, they all have the same purpose - divide and conquer. It is for this reason that if you play Limbo, or play with a Limbo, it is important to establish communication. Divide and Conquer tactics can not be employed properly if communication does not exist within the squad. 

In short - Don't hate the frame. Hate the people who forgo communication, using the frame. 

The problem isn't Limbo, it's some type of players. Don't you like Limbo? Fine. why do you have to torment the player that does like playing with him? 

I would suggest you just ignore or report that type of players and enjoy your game. Because it's not a Limbo only thing, I've been insulted from playing a Bless Trinity instead of a Ev Trinity, or because I decided to farm some focus, played Equinox, and left some guy without enemies to launch spores at. 

That's why there's is a solo mode, a chat to recruit ppl with the frames you want, clan an alliance to do the same, I don't burn my head too much over it. It is sad though.

"YOU HAVE SOMETHING I DO NOT! IT IS UNFAIR! YOU CHEATED! YOU ARE FLAUNTING YOUR GOOD FORTUNE!"

"HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DO NOT! THE FAULT IS ALL ON YOU!"

It really doesn't matter what some anonymous person on the internet thinks of you. Especially if it's unkind or hurtful.

latest?cb=20160314221546

1 minute ago, TeLovesKilling said:

The problem isn't Limbo, it's some type of players. Don't you like Limbo? Fine. why do you have to torment the player that does like playing with him? 

I would suggest you just ignore or report that type of players and enjoy your game. Because it's not a Limbo only thing, I've been insulted from playing a Bless Trinity instead of a Ev Trinity, or because I decided to farm some focus, played Equinox, and left some guy without enemies to launch spores at. 

That's why there's is a solo mode, a chat to recruit ppl with the frames you want, clan an alliance to do the same, I don't burn my head too much over it. It is sad though.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Well that's nothing new. Limbo is my most played Frame and I only got 1 compliment for playing Limbo in about 1k hours.

the thing is, many people jump on the bandwagon and just hate Limbo because some Youtubers or people in region chat tell them that he is bad. 

Sure  a bad Limbo can be a bit annoying, but there are always ways to avoid getting trolled by him. 

So DE could change Limbo how they want, if he doesn't become the next Mesa/Rhino/Excalibur people will continue to hate him.

I mained Frost Prime for the entirety of this last month and had two different Limbos on two separate occasions, make it their crusade to follow me personally anywhere I went in the mission and try to troll me with their skills.  I didn't blame all Limbos of course, but I was a big proponent of getting rid of the "bullet-stopping allies" effect, as it was my most disliked Limbo feature.  Now that its gone, my enjoyment of partying with a Limbo has raised significantly.  

5 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

I mained Frost Prime for the entirety of this last month and had two different Limbos on two separate occasions, make it their crusade to follow me personally anywhere I went in the mission and try to troll me with their skills.  I didn't blame all Limbos of course, but I was a big proponent of getting rid of the "bullet-stopping allies" effect, as it was my most disliked Limbo feature.  Now that its gone, my enjoyment of partying with a Limbo has raised significantly.  

Personally, as someone who claims Limbo as a primary favorite, even I can understand the need to drop the bullet stopping effect for allies. It takes too long to rack up those headshots when someone pops in and melees everything in the bubble before you turn off Stasis. But that shouldn't be an issue now 

Irrational?! Probably just folks with Limbo PTSD or they think its still cool to hate on him.

We all just need to use reasoning & understan-

*gets shot in the neck with a syringe*

......for...Limbo...urk...augh!

To hell with Limbo. Worse frame ever! Death to the Limbo trolls!

*falls down & convulses on the floor*

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
Auto-Correct ruins everything

C'mon you know why people hate on Limbo! There was a time when any Limbo showed up it was a troll trying to prevent you from picking up loot or killing enemies. People don't just forget stuff like that. Last night I was finishing up my regular Limbo build (lowest range possible-protect the cryopod limbo) and I fully understood why some people didn't even bother to give me a chance and chose to leave at the beginning of the mission. I can't be mad at them, most people live by the "Fool Me Once" principle.

I would use him more if one shot didn't cause him to lose 75% of his health. This is the problem with Limbo: You need to be constantly in and out of Rift Walk or Cataclysm in order to survive. I prefer Cataclysm because all the enemies within can be killed, but with any kind of range it annoys other players.

Well it is Limbo and most of the hate is not irrational but based people who used the frame to troll or just handicap others by not knowing what the abilities do. 

It will hopefully go away now with the changes and people getting more experienced on the frame. 

It's another case of waiting too long to address design issues. Given the literal years that Limbo was left with tons of ways to make trolls' lives easier and their squadmates' lives harder, a culture of cyber-bullying festered into full bloom.

Quite an interesting social experiment. Give a player the ability to inhibit another's weapon loadout and see how that goes. At first it is justified annoyance and irritation, then it becomes unreasonable rage and disdain.

The problem with Limbo is any sensible user would know the pros and cons of the skill, and try to avoid 
using limbo in public missions, and reserve limbo only for squad request or pre-planned tactics

Or something very specific like Sortie level mobile defense missions.

Leaving the vast majority of the public lobby Limbo players who have no idea what they are doing 
to ruin the reputation of Limbo.
as well as players who have intent of trolling people using Limbo on public matches.

Hence Limbo is getting so much hate.

My main problem about Limbo is that is power aren't simply a bonus but have a drawback, so not using them correctly may harm instead of help.

• Banish : Provide energy regen but let you hit only enemies inside the rift with your weapons while you have this energy regen and if you go out of the rift (by rolling), you can't get back in to hit enemies that are in the rift.
  • Stasis : no longer stop projectiles, status effect and abilities spreading like Saryn's spores (thanks god) but still completely stop enemies, meaning in some situations when you want enemies to come fast, it can harm.
  • Rift surge : just passive so nothing to says about it.
  • Cataclysm : that's definitetly the worst because as the inside this rift and the outside is not, this prevent from shooting inside when you're outside and vice versa. Pretty much like a Frost bubble but on both side.

So how you can see, a bad Limbo can harm the team instead of help if not using his power correctly and that's the main problem because you don't have a way to ignore the Rift. You can of course, go out when he use Banish on you, but you still can't attack enemies in the rift while you're not and Cataclysm force you into the rift anyways.

Limbo's fine in well organised squads, sure. But in public, he's a nightmare. I don't know of any other frames that can FORCE mission failure in a spy, getting banished when you didn't ask for it leaves you unable to hurt the enemies and creates a giant pile of useless resource drops on top of your sentinel, and someone above already mentioned the pain that is trying to hit an enemy on the edge of a rapidly shrinking cataclysm.

Don't get me wrong, Limbo has a great set of abilities... but there are places they shouldn't be used and people in public don't know the meaning of "Don't do that".

6 hours ago, Teslan.Bladesong said:

In short - Don't hate the frame. Hate the people who forgo communication, using the frame. 

That was a big part of the problem but i disliked Limbo because of trolls. Believe it or not I've rarely ever encountered a Limbo in game and most of them were trolls but one was really really useful. DE enabled him to be a troll frame by Cataclysm and Banish and they have fixed both now. Trolls have bad reps but when the Devs gives a tool that enables the worst kind of trolling then its the Devs fault.

I was super pissed about Limbo P because I thought it was gonna be a new wave of scum trolls but I'm sorta at peace with it now

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

As a Harrow when Limbo used to drop a tile spanning rift and cat to prevent damage and give energy to others:

But seriously, it's all about Rift etiquette in PUB games.
Most Limbo mains know this thankfully and ask if you'd like them to rift or cat these days.
And Good on DE for helping curve the issue with general Limbo trolling. It's made today actually kind of pleasant, even when a Rift takes up ALL of Akkahd lol.

6 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

C'mon you know why people hate on Limbo! There was a time when any Limbo showed up it was a troll trying to prevent you from picking up loot or killing enemies. People don't just forget stuff like that. Last night I was finishing up my regular Limbo build (lowest range possible-protect the cryopod limbo) and I fully understood why some people didn't even bother to give me a chance and chose to leave at the beginning of the mission. I can't be mad at them, most people live by the "Fool Me Once" principle.

I would use him more if one shot didn't cause him to lose 75% of his health. This is the problem with Limbo: You need to be constantly in and out of Rift Walk or Cataclysm in order to survive. I prefer Cataclysm because all the enemies within can be killed, but with any kind of range it annoys other players.

So much this^

8 hours ago, Nosferagon said:

So even after the changes to stasis and the rift i find it baffling and incredibly sad that i am harrassed just for using Limbo. Quite literally was told to f off and called a show off for already having limbo when i just wanted to try him out in Onslaught. Even after stopping to use stasis, so the only thing i was providing was free energy regen, this behaviour continued. Should stasis become a slow instead of complete halt? should being in the rift provide only dmg reduction instead? Honestly dont know, all i know is getting berated like this only made it so what little time i had to play today was ruined. Hope the guy running saryn enjoyed competing with the other two saryns since i felt like i had become a glorified revive station. but hey free xp and loot i guess. (sorry needed to vent).

Limbo is a complex frame. People are used to harrassing what they dont understand. It is just human basic behavior. Very sad.

But don't be worried. Enjoy your favourite frame and if they dont like it, just send them to f themselves.

In my case, I am looking foward chroma prime access and I am pretty sure people will say to me things like "pay 2 win", "u dumb because you paid money in a free game", etc etc etc. They are just jealous. F them.