The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee and Secondary Weapons

Em0K1d1998

Question

7 answers to this question

What weapons do you use?

In general, I'd say this:

For your melee, I would highly recommend fitting Condition Overload on it and Drifting Contact so your combo counter can remain up longer and so your status effects increase damage. Add status chance + damage elemental mods (these mods would typically be gold and would add a bonus to status and elemental damage).

For your sidearm, it's a lot more complicated. If it's crit chance is over 25%, add critical damage and chance mods. Add mods like Barrel Diffusion for multishot which adds more damage.

For technically any weapon, you must consider:

Spoiler

-How much status chance it has.
-How much critical chance it has.
-How much critical damage it has.
-How much damage it deals in comparison to what you already have.

Status chance is related to how often the damage types on your weapon 'proc'; each damage type has a unique effect, such as slash causing a small damage over time effect, puncture making enemies do less damage, and radiation confusing enemies into shooting/attacking anyone and everyone. 

Critical chance and damage go hand-in-hand; the higher the chance, the more often the damage is yellow, orange, or when it's way over 100%, red. Critical damage however amplifies how much damage is dealt when those critical hits happen; some weapons manage to make it proc far more than you would expect. 

For Excalibur specifically, however, I have a configuration you could run on him. It involves the following mods:

Spoiler

Warframe: Vitality, Vigor, Gladiator Resolve, Rage (or Hunter Adrenaline), Intensify, Flow (can be swapped for Streamline), Continuity, and Augur Secrets - all maxed.
Exalted Blade: Copy your melee weapon's build, but ensure Life Strike is on this weapon.

Side-note: The Sacrifice is out, and with it, Excalibur Umbra - who is in several ways superior to his common counterpart.

58 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

What weapons do you use?

In general, I'd say this:

For your melee, I would highly recommend fitting Condition Overload on it and Drifting Contact so your combo counter can remain up longer and so your status effects increase damage. Add status chance + damage elemental mods (these mods would typically be gold and would add a bonus to status and elemental damage).

For your sidearm, it's a lot more complicated. If it's crit chance is over 25%, add critical damage and chance mods. Add mods like Barrel Diffusion for multishot which adds more damage.

For technically any weapon, you must consider:

Hide contents

-How much status chance it has.
-How much critical chance it has.
-How much critical damage it has.
-How much damage it deals in comparison to what you already have.

Status chance is related to how often the damage types on your weapon 'proc'; each damage type has a unique effect, such as slash causing a small damage over time effect, puncture making enemies do less damage, and radiation confusing enemies into shooting/attacking anyone and everyone. 

Critical chance and damage go hand-in-hand; the higher the chance, the more often the damage is yellow, orange, or when it's way over 100%, red. Critical damage however amplifies how much damage is dealt when those critical hits happen; some weapons manage to make it proc far more than you would expect. 

For Excalibur specifically, however, I have a configuration you could run on him. It involves the following mods:

Hide contents

Warframe: Vitality, Vigor, Gladiator Resolve, Rage (or Hunter Adrenaline), Intensify, Flow (can be swapped for Streamline), Continuity, and Augur Secrets - all maxed.
Exalted Blade: Copy your melee weapon's build, but ensure Life Strike is on this weapon.

Side-note: The Sacrifice is out, and with it, Excalibur Umbra - who is in several ways superior to his common counterpart.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Em0K1d1998 said:

Thanks

My inquiry remains unanswered: What weapons do you run with? If it's still a Lato and Skana, then I suggest you complete the Second Dream and run Elite Onslaught (or otherwise, if you could, ask in Trade Chat to purchase Lato Vandal) if you want weapons that are essentially upgrades by comparison. If not, then I'd like to know out of curiosity.

Regardless, I'm glad that I've at least been of help.

5 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

My inquiry remains unanswered: What weapons do you run with? If it's still a Lato and Skana, then I suggest you complete the Second Dream and run Elite Onslaught (or otherwise, if you could, ask in Trade Chat to purchase Lato Vandal) if you want weapons that are essentially upgrades by comparison. If not, then I'd like to know out of curiosity.

Regardless, I'm glad that I've at least been of help.

I currently run an Ignis as my primary but i like to switch with karak. My secondary right now is the asketillo (think thats how its spelt) and Melee is currently orthos prime

4 minutes ago, Em0K1d1998 said:

I currently run an Ignis as my primary but i like to switch with karak. My secondary right now is the asketillo (think thats how its spelt) and Melee is currently orthos prime

Should i go for the galatine? Heard and read its good

14 minutes ago, Em0K1d1998 said:

galatine?

Galatine is among the best early/mid weapons, but becomes a very powerful blade with Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale as the stance. I recommend you try and snag the components and blueprint of Galatine Prime while they are still in high quantities. War or an Ostron heavy blade Zaw (since that's possible now with the huge scythe-like blade and polearm grip) are potent alternatives, when you're able to make them.

Generally, get everything, build everything, dispose of what fails to meet your 'works with my way of combat' criteria.

1 hour ago, Em0K1d1998 said:

Ignis, akstiletto and orthos prime are all viable weapons.

I suggest you ask in trade chat for someone to give you an ignis wraith (MR9).

It will then be all about the modding of the weapon.

Consider going to the market and purchasing a hek (MR4). Or trade chat for the even better vaykor hek (MR12). The hek will carry you through the star chart etc. until you can get the ignis wraith and vaykor hek.

My standard load out is ignis wraith (low level missions / alerts / syndicate missions) or vaykor hek (assassinations, sorties, high end missions), (braton prime if rifle only sortie, cernos prime if bow only sortie), aklex prime, orthos prime.

There are numerous weapons in each slot which are end game "viable" and it is a matter of finding what weapons suit your play style.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.