The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wow, the Weekly Treasure hunt left a poor taste in my mouth

Quait

I might not even come back to this game, considering how much of a slap in the face that last timed section was... And to top it off, I can only do it once a week. I actually just don't want to open up the game again...

Edited by Quait

You can only succeed once a week, but I think if you fail you're actually free to keep trying again?

I mean, technically you can do the mission unlimited timed, but it only actually lets you keep the reward once a week.

Edited by OvisCaedo

13 minutes ago, Quait said:

I might not even come back to this game, considering how much of a slap in the face that last timed section was... And to top it off, I can only do it once a week. I actually just don't want to open up the game again...

So... because you failed once you're going to quit? Retake the mission and get it done. Use a quick Warframe like Titania and fly in, or Nova and Portal through, or Rhino to Charge through, or whatever. Just get faster.

Or get help from other players. I usually help when I see someone asking in recruiting for this very thing.

17 minutes ago, Quait said:

As has been said, you can only succeed once a week, you can keep repeating it until you finish it and get the statue but it won't be the same map every time.  

After a while you end up knowing the map tiles back to front.  Just keep doing it, you'll learn them all and then they'll be trivial to complete.

The moral of the story is that Warframe isn't one of those games following an industry standard format and if you're going to quit playing every time something like this happens you might be better off finding another game to play more in tune with what you enjoy.  In some ways warframe is a cakewalk but in other ways it's not scared to let players fail.

Edited by Greyboots
clarity

30 minutes ago, Quait said:

So don't open it again lol

Warframe operates on a tileset system for almost everything besides Quest-specific missions and Landscapes, which are prebuilt (to an extent, regarding Quest missions). You will not encounter the same Tower/Derelict Challenge Room twice in most cases but there's only a few variations. You can find them on the Tower and Derelict if you explore on occasion and try them there. You'll learn how to navigate them either way.

However, if you really are one of those people to quit over not managing to get an Ayatan Sculpture, which is typically viewed as a niche thing beyond it's Endo value, then you'll find a lot of things to quit over. Answer me this; for what reason will you endure?

Spoiler

Reasons to endure: One of mine was Umbra.

Hint: use bullet jump, a lot. Get creative with mobility.

Side-note: the treasure hunt isn't the only way to get Ayatan sculptures; they spawn randomly, and encountering them is a boon for those who have trouble stocking up surplus mods, endo, etc... 

Last resort: if you need endo but can't get the sculpture, run Relic Fissures, trade parts with people for plat, buy the sculptures directly from others.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Expanded.

I got it on my second try... The initial disappointment was because I didn't know I could retry after failing. Honestly, this game is a lot of fun. I'm going to be playing, still, so please don't be salty if you run into me. ❤️

Edited by Quait

7 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

So... because you failed once you're going to quit? Retake the mission and get it done. Use a quick Warframe like Titania and fly in, or Nova and Portal through, or Rhino to Charge through, or whatever. Just get faster.

Or get help from other players. I usually help when I see someone asking in recruiting for this very thing.

To note on this, Zeph actually breaks pretty much all of these rooms and runs. She can literally fly by all the obstacles and lasers with minimal damage and effort.