Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIX THE CONTROLLER UI

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

Just did an hour long Xini run to farm the relics. Two players - I was host.

At wave 6, the "X" and "Y" buttons would not work to choose to stay or leave the squad.

I got pulled along with with other player to wave 12 with no option to extract (or continue for that matter).

At wave 12, the other player extracted, but I still couldn't press X or Y to choose to stay or go - and as a result I had to continue. The X and Y buttons on the controller work fine and could be used in all other areas of gameplay - its just in this #@@% UI they stopped working on the stay or leave screen.

I didn't bother continuing to capture as there was no reason to believe it would magically start working again after having failed for the last 6 waves and once the mission ended (with failure of course) I lost all the new relics we had farmed.

I have posted MANY threads on how this new UI stops working.  I had posted many threads on the PC bug reports about how the controller would stop working randomly on certain menus and encouraged you to fix it before deploying it to console where we have no fall back to keyboard or mouse. But you pushed it out in its broken form.  There are many threads currently about how the controller stops working on the UI.  this is quite frankly pathetic.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

On 2018-06-19 at 10:06 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Just did an hour long Xini run to farm the relics. Two players - I was host.

At wave 6, the "X" and "Y" buttons would not work to choose to stay or leave the squad.

I got pulled along with with other player to wave 12 with no option to extract (or continue for that matter).

At wave 12, the other player extracted, but I still couldn't press X or Y to choose to stay or go - and as a result I had to continue. The X and Y buttons on the controller work fine and could be used in all other areas of gameplay - its just in this #@@% UI they stopped working on the stay or leave screen.

I didn't bother continuing to capture as there was no reason to believe it would magically start working again after having failed for the last 6 waves and once the mission ended (with failure of course) I lost all the new relics we had farmed.

I have posted MANY threads on how this new UI stops working.  I had posted many threads on the PC bug reports about how the controller would stop working randomly on certain menus and encouraged you to fix it before deploying it to console where we have no fall back to keyboard or mouse. But you pushed it out in its broken form.  There are many threads currently about how the controller stops working on the UI.  this is quite frankly pathetic.

Sigh- yes yes yeeeeees LOL. The frustration is REAL LOL. For you it's the X and Y buttons. For me it's the DOWN portion of the D-PAD. It just randomly stops working when I play Warframe, it's drama. And then the problem persists after I leave Warframe. It's been a nightmare. Fixing it requires deleting Warframe's saved data and uninstalling the game. What a pain!

Edited by (PS4)Pluto_Of_Mones

5 hours ago, (PS4)Pluto_Of_Mones said:

Do the UI bugs persist for you all even after you leave Warframe? I'm on the PS4. These UI bugs only start when I Warframe and then spread to other UI functions for other aspects of my PS4. 

wtf...  warframe broke a$$edness doesnt infect your ps4 to spread the problems to other games or the ps4 system lol.   If you have those porblems you have more than a warframe problem.   

Makes me happy seeing this.. not for your misfortune, but because I'm not the only one. My controls stop working in trade chat, post fissure prime part selection... In other words when I really need it to work it doesn't.

Then there's the unskippable start of mission cinematics.. it's just a #*!%ing mess. 

Wanna create a new UI? Great I'm pleased for you, but what UI I use doesn't affect other players so give me the choice 

Edited by (PS4)RockGotti

tried a few recruiting based relic runs last night - I was unable to interact with the private message chat windows - I could type and respond to them, but I could not use the sub menu that pops up (Invite/close window/ignore user etc) the cursor would hover over but refuse to acknowledge that I was selecting it. Worked fine for two runs then just stopped working until I restarted the game.

The only way I could invite people was to manually type /invite <username>

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

On 2018-06-21 at 7:31 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

wtf...  warframe broke a$$edness doesnt infect your ps4 to spread the problems to other games or the ps4 system lol.   If you have those porblems you have more than a warframe problem.   

I know it sounds crazy. That's why I'm asking. The Sony Technician had me delete Warframe's saved data, uninstall the game and rebuild the data base. All UI glitches went away. A few days later I reinstalled Warframe and played a match. Many of these UI bugs in Warframe, like the D-Pad not responding came back. When I stopped playing Warframe the UI bugs persisted in other areas of my PS4, like in the virtual keyboard. I called Sony back up, and the Technician said something about possible bad coding from the Warframe update. He also said "If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck it must be a duck" then instructed me to once again delete Warframe's saved data, uninstall the game, rebuild my data base and simply move on to another game. Clearly, that's not gonna happen. I like the game too much. 

• 1 month later...