Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Borderless Window Mode FPS drops/Frames Stuttering

n0op--

Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if this is a known problem or not but I own a dual monitor setup and is trying to run Warframe in Borderless Windowed mode because i hate minimizing my game whenever i do stuff on my second monitor. Though, when running in this mode i very often get insane noticeable lags that momentarily freeze up my game(or just lags for a swift moment), FPS counter doesn't show a huge drop but it feels like the game's running at less than 30fps at that moment. Please halp it's kinda annoying.

Also I've already tried fixing it following this :

Doesn't seems to work though.

my PC specs:

i7 7700k CPU (water cooled) 35 C when playing Warframe

GTX 1080 GPU (air cooled) 60C when playing Warframe (OC at 2022MHz)

800W PSU

Samsung 850 EVO SSD

32GB DDR4 RAM

Update*: I have just realized that when I'm in Borderless Window mode, my CPU usage sometimes spike up extremely high (from around 30-40% to 80-90%) which results in the lag i was experiencing. Any clue why this is?

Edited by n0op--

Can you try to see your fps with another program? Like MSI afterburner? 
I've the same problem in borderless, the same show 60+ fps with VSYNC on (like wtf) but the game is stuttering like hell and AMD overlay says i'm doing less than 50 fps... 
8700k, 16 gb ram ddr4 at 3000mhz and RX 580 8 gb.
Others game doesn't have this problem. 

7 hours ago, arammco said:

Can you try to see your fps with another program? Like MSI afterburner? 
I've the same problem in borderless, the same show 60+ fps with VSYNC on (like wtf) but the game is stuttering like hell and AMD overlay says i'm doing less than 50 fps... 
8700k, 16 gb ram ddr4 at 3000mhz and RX 580 8 gb.
Others game doesn't have this problem. 

I was running MSI afterburner to overclock my GPU, rivaturner shows the same fps drops(small amounts) in sync with in game fps counter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue for months now. No fix yet, sadly. For years I ran the game borderless with absolutely no problems. Then around Feb it just started to micro stutter, and just choppy. Tried different settings, gsync on and off. 

Edited by Shadow8600

3 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Same issue for months now. No fix yet, sadly. For years I ran the game borderless with absolutely no problems. Then around Feb it just started to micro stutter, and just choppy. Tried different settings, gsync on and off. 

I'm a relatively new player, only about three weeks in now, but I've got Gsync like yourself. When I started playing w/ borderless window mode I noticed annoying little micro stutters myself. I found turning of vsync and setting the frame rate to cap at 120 solved the issue and everything runs like butter now. Not sure if you've tried that, but worth a shot.

• Like 1