Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color Correction In-engine causing Over exposure

Virus

Firstly I'd like to state, options are great! The more options and tools available to us as end users, the better. 

The key issue I am looking to address takes place, as per the title of this thread, with the Color Correction In-engine. There is two sides to this problem, one being caused by the color correction, the other caused by all elements reacting to changes in level lighting.

To start off, I'd like to share an album or collation of images outlining the issues with this.

For the purpose of testing, all samples were taken with the same settings shown here:

C8QwjXI.png

For the purpose of my sanity, all samples have been taken with motion blur and bloom disabled, along with depth of field.

Energy Exposure Related Issues

Spoiler
  • Exposure of energy while in Arsenal

R74QX6z.png

• Exposure of energy outside of arsenal

k0igWaW.png

• Exposure of energy in Navigation

FSnP2XI.png

• Exposure of energy in Mission

jV8iShm.png

• Exposure of energy in Dojo

BAWyI9h.png

As can be seen in the images above, the level of exposure of energy is DIRECTLY affected by the lighting level, and the exposure variation is further heightened by the color correction engine.

This example was done using the Pakal Chest piece but can be proven true using any energy color, and anything where energy stands out I.E. Archwing, Armor, Abilities etc.

Emblem Exposure Related Issues

Moving on, emblems are another object which are heavily affected by these systems (Color Correction and level lighting)

Feel free to look over this album HERE which shows how vastly the look of a clan emblem changes based on tile-set (Examples taken from every tile-set in Warframe). Although you can minimize the impact of this issue by disabling color correction, as with energy, the fact is over exposure can still happen based on tiles that require high levels of exposure to make their lighting work.

Suggestions

Now going full circle to where I started, options are good, but some things can't be fixed simply by using or not using them. I have a couple suggestions that can help mitigate these issues.

1. Remove certain "elements" from interacting with location based lighting. As far as I'm aware, Energy and Emblems are the most impacted by this.
  2. The color correction option is great, and I would love to use it, but it can just be a bit too much at times. My suggestion would be to add a slider, a possibility of a middle ground. The reason this is so important to have for the color correction option is based solely on the amount of visual impact it has on the game.

I hope this feedback has been well structured and easy to follow, if you have any feedback or suggestions of your own regarding this, please voice your opinion and I'd love to have a dialogue on how you also think improvements could be made!