Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Charge

Grimmstyler

Rhino Charge is effected by range and duration. I use Rhino charge to get me quickly across large open spaces when I need to as well as combat. It knockbacks any enemy and does decent damage on impact when applied with roar and iron skin you have bonus damage. I use a balanced build for my Rhino so have no deficits to overcome, I think this is one of the flaws of min/maxing mods and often leads to people getting mixed impressions about frames and their usefulness.

2 hours ago, Babellon said:

Rhino Charge is effected by range and duration. I use Rhino charge to get me quickly across large open spaces when I need to as well as combat. It knockbacks any enemy and does decent damage on impact when applied with roar and iron skin you have bonus damage. I use a balanced build for my Rhino so have no deficits to overcome, I think this is one of the flaws of min/maxing mods and often leads to people getting mixed impressions about frames and their usefulness.

Yea.. Range effects the distance traveled.. Not radial coverage

28 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Yea.. Range effects the distance traveled.. Not radial coverage

what radial coverage? its a frontal cone not a aoe. its base damage is effected by roar and iron skin giving it a bonus to impact. it does not apply to radius because there is none. 

15 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Rhino Charge doesn't even Ragdoll Enemies..

which charge do you use? I ragdoll enemies all the time. I kill enemies all the time with charge as well. its versatile and highly mobile when modded properly. it hits in a straight line, has for as long as I've played rhino. there is some spread to it allowing for multiple targets in front of the player, but that spread isn't far, it can be chained and accrues a bonus to damage with successive use in a time frame.  As well now I've noticed that there is more directional control and I can steer with it much more effectively now. 

Edited by Babellon

1 hour ago, Babellon said:

which charge do you use? I ragdoll enemies all the time. I kill enemies all the time with charge as well. its versatile and highly mobile when modded properly. it hits in a straight line, has for as long as I've played rhino. there is some spread to it allowing for multiple targets in front of the player, but that spread isn't far, it can be chained and accrues a bonus to damage with successive use in a time frame.  As well now I've noticed that there is more directional control and I can steer with it much more effectively now. 

Dunno.. i see enemies ragdoll but it seems to happen on a direct hit..I'm also a Buff Rhino in Elite Onslaught at 103% Range 191% Duration and 323% Strength..

I must have been airborne or lagging.. I've noticed there is no radial, cause airborne just charges passed enemies.. And there no vertical charge, it's a straight shot..

Edited by Grimmstyler

43 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Dunno.. i see enemies ragdoll but it seems to happen on a direct hit..I'm also a Buff Rhino in Elite Onslaught at 103% Range 191% Duration and 323% Strength..

I must have been airborne or lagging.. I've noticed there is no radial, cause airborne just charges passed enemies.. And there no vertical charge, it's a straight shot..

yea exactly, its not a radial effect its an on impact effect, meaning it has to hit a target. its a straight line attack and will hit all of the targets directly in your path as you move forward with some minor knockback effect around that direct line, as in it may hit the mobs standing very close together in a group but typically it is a mobility skill and an interrupt for heavy hitters.

I like to use it to move to the middle of the map in midair and then melee slam, combine with bullet jump to get elevation and aim glide for control it is quite effective.  its very useful for getting to a position you want and can be useful for acceleration with melee attacks and combos. ..as a side point I'd like to see melee have a better zoom to allow for more controlled attacks similar to the effect of using the gun sights to aim and quick melee with slide, you can swiftly move to a target in that way..

I agree that Rhino Charhe would be a much nicer skill if it was a duration based skill that granted you momentum and constantly accelerated you while leaving you full ground control, with maybe a knockdown cone AoE at the end. 

That said it's still a very good skill with the augment. 

On 2018-06-20 at 9:10 AM, Grimmstyler said:

Dumb ability.. Rhino Charge should have a range like Hydroid's Tidal Wave

Rhino and his augments have been created in a very methodical way. Everything works together for a reason. Don't break whats not broken.. 

9 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

How else should a Rhino charge, in a zig zag formation? 

Edited by (PS4)JustAguy91

30 minutes ago, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

How else should a Rhino charge, in a zig zag formation? 

Directional control of Rhino Charge would be nice with a wave of energy that Ragdolls enemies..

Ability to charge vertical could be useful for movement..

Rhino Charge the ground when in air making a ground pound effect would be cool

11 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Directional control of Rhino Charge would be nice with a wave of energy that Ragdolls enemies..

Ability to charge vertical could be useful for movement..

Rhino Charge the ground when in air making a ground pound effect would be cool

all of those things are already what rhino charge does. except for vertical and thats what bullet jump is for. you can charge in mid air and ground slam with quick melee. the wave effect is impact=ragdoll. there is no wave per se.

you face the cursor/camera in the direction you want to charge whether in midair using aimglide for control or on the ground spining your camera with free cam and then pressing 1. 

Parkour in the game is already so free you can fly in any frame, cling to any wall, leap from and to almost every surface jump vertical into the air pause turn around flip and redirect yourself even in mid motion,in midair,  while firing, moving between targets and cover hitting melee and using other powers, all while casually watching tv. 

On 2018-06-23 at 8:29 AM, --GZ--Cegorach said:

Do someone even use Charge on Rhino ?

I'm not one to follow trends, but it's fun to use with Buff Rhino in Onslaught (when the DPS is not so great)..

But you can't go vertical or aim it at the ground for a Ground Pound, it's not a directional movement ability like Zephry..

And the range doesn't seem that good.. You can jump and charge pass enemies without hitting or Ragdolling them.. Rhino Charge seems to be a more focused direct hit type of ability (Occasionally AOE Ragdolling enemies)..

There's no Energy Animation of Rhino Charge Range.. It would be nice to see a Energy Animation of Range on Rhino Charge that looks similar to Excalibur's Exalted Blade Slashes (but in a frontal dome)

My Rhino Buff stats are at 103% Range, 191% Duration, 45% Efficiency, 323% Strength.. I can't Stomp (power 4) because of the 45% Efficiency, but that is expected..