Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sacrifice: Hotfix 23.0.4

[DE]Megan

On 2018-06-20 at 11:00 PM, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Umbra was made after the Prime. During the War and after the Tenno was found and deployed in the war. If anything, he's maybe the last Orokin era Warframe that Ballas made.

Lorewise, Umbra is older than Primes. Umbra frames are the 1st attempts at it. Umbra came 1st. Its like you saw all the current lore then threw it away for your head canon which isn't lore accurate. Umbra is basically like the African American in marvel comics who had the Super Soldier serum before Steve Rogers and Steve Rogers is like the Primes. Primes were made later after the Orokin realize how to get it right and use it on their elite

2 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Lorewise, Umbra is older than Primes. Umbra frames are the 1st attempts at it. Umbra came 1st. Its like you saw all the current lore then threw it away for your head canon which isn't lore accurate.

Really?

"The Sentient battle at Hull... I can't imagine... You were awarded the 'Lua Cross' for valor"

That means the Old War was already had begun.

"Yet you couldn't understand why I'd give my secrets to our enemy. How could I betray my own kind? But you have never had to sacrifice your love for faith. Imagine. To live, forever, with only one memory: seeing the one you love, die."

Meaning that Margulis was already dead, and she was killed AFTER Ballas started using the Tenno as weapons. Thats why they had the discussion about Ballas being rotten from inside like the other Orokins on the Second Dream. After that she was killed and Silvana run away to Earth.

Proof? From Silver Grove

"My childhood dream has become a nightmare. I don't blame Margulis, she's as much a victim as the children we're working with. At first, the project seemed therapeutic and nurturing. I was myself. But now... Transference therapy is being turned into a weapon. Now I build these vile weapons called "Warframes" all for one purpose: death. I've become everything I hate."

Margulis wasn't even dead when Ballas started using transference to link Tenno and Warframes to use in the war. When she discovered it, she was sent to the Jade Light. That means Umbra was made AFTER the first Warframes without the Tenno and AFTER the first Warframes WITH the Tenno.

"But you won't have to imagine. A lovingly cultured Infestation swarms within your blood. Your transformation has begun, reshaping you into a sacred surrogate of the unholy Tenno... A Warframe with but a Single. Burning. Memory. It is... a miracle!"

That means he already knew about the connection between the Warframes and the Tenno. And he already created the Warframe as a surrogate body of the Tenno. And this confirms he's already made and deployed other Warframes in the War, like I said in the previous 2 points.

Umbra wasn't a prototype. He created Umbra as a punishment to Old Dax because the Dax discovered that Ballas betrayed the Orokin and helped the Sentients. He already created other Warframes but instead of making a lobotomized Warframe like the others, he kept Umbra memories so he could relive the moment he killed his own son countless of times for eternity.

Thats why Umbra is unstable.

TL:DR= Umbra is newer than all Prime Warframes, and probably even the normal ones, since Rhino, as a prototype already existed BEFORE any Orokin even realized that transference could be used in the war. And since Excalibur was the first, the Prime, or the normal one or even both are older than Umbra.

Please, show me the text or anything in the lore that confirms Umbra as the first Warframe? And please, don't use the sword. That sword is a Ceremonial Dax Sword, it can be older than everything in the game but that doesn't mean that Umbra as a frame is old too. Looks like it is you that is using "head canons"

Archived