Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fantasy Warframe "Rio"

ghostjghost

For a game that is all about "space ninjas" I've noticed a lot of rushing around and not a whole lot of actually taking time to be stealthy.

While I realize most find it a boring and inefficient means of getting things, I enjoy sneaking and sniping and trying to get through a level without anyone noticing me, but there really isn't anything designed for that purpose - even Loki with his 30 second invisibility and Ivara with the constant energy drain and slowness isn't near enough and still feels like I'm rushing the clock to finish things, so I designed a fantasy warframe to fit the role, Though I tried to keep it balanced also.

For purposes of simplicity all abilities are at max rank.

Warframe: "Rio"  - Art Credit goes to Kaerru at Deviant Art - sorry I modified it.

cyberninja%20-%20credit%20Kaerru_zpsbb2e

Passive - Hushed invisibility when no alarm is active. Temporarily disabled(4s) upon taking damage. (Unlike Ivara you can move freely without energy cost)

1st ability : Void Empowered - 30% buff to speed, jump height, and jump distance (15s) (affected by duration)

2nd ability : Light phase - Can go through lasers without triggering any alarms or effects (8s) (affected by duration)

3rd ability : Kavat Whistle - Summons 3 invisible kavats(scales with strength to a max of 5) which knock down and attack nearby enemies. Activating the skill again will kill the original kavats and summon new ones. (these possess the same stats as wild kavats found on the derelict except they are allied to you and your teammates.)

4th ability : System Placate - Requires you to target a console and consumes 1 cipher. Disables all alarms(thus allowing her passive to reactivate) and pauses any active timers(15s) (affected by duration)

Health: 140 (420 at rank 30)
Shield: 50 (150 at rank 30)
Armor: 50 (150 at rank 30)
Energy: 80 (150 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.2
Polarities: D V
Aura Polarity: V

Ghost, I like!

Seems like stealth and nothing else - not sure about the V Aura polarity?

I like that she cannot stealth with an alarm going and loses stealth on damage, any damage right? I also like she has no nuke-level or OP CC abilities.

👍

I also love stealthing my way through a mission to see how many enemies I can eliminate before anyone notices and the idea of a purely stealth frame interests me. There arent many frames that have a clearly defined role with only Trinity (Support) and Inaros (Tank) coming to mind right away. 

The ability concepts on this frame are really good although I do think there are some things that could change slightly to make them a little more viable or balanced.

Passive: I love the idea of invisibility whilst no alarms are active but it seems a little too strong in my opinion. Maybe you can counter it with movement: Crouch walking maintains the free stealth whilst fully walking or running reduces or eliminates the stealth respectively. This may make the stealth a little slow but thats where map knowledge and enemy radar come in to help. (I understand that alarms on means no invisibility but constant invisibility for free is just a little over the balanced line).

Ability 1 - Void Empowered: Nothing to say here, just a flat mobility boost which would really help increase the Crouch Walking idea I mention in the Passive.

Ability 2 - Light Phase: Rather than have this as a duration based ability, perhaps make it an instant cast. Rio would go entirely invisible and dash forward a small distance (Affected by range) and not be detected by Lasers/Cameras/Sensors etc. This means that it wouldn't be restricted to map sensors and could be used as an evasion ability to bypass a group of enemies or evade detection should you be found out.

Ability 3 - Kavat Whistle: I think this ability is a little too close to Khora and her Kavat personally, and it is too aggressive for stealth in my opinion as well. (Also, kill the current kitties you madman?!) Maybe an alternative ability could be something about linking enemies so that killing one does damage/kills other linked targets. Maybe casting it on an two individuals creates a link between them. Call it Soul Bind or something and make it where the more enemies that are linked, the less individual damage they take. This lends to the player knowing what enemies are important enough to require a single link or which enemies are trash and can be all linked together. It could operate like Equinox's Rest ability where each enemy has a timer for which they are linked to another. Just an idea that I personally feel lends more to the Rest of Rio's Kit.

Ability 4 - System Placate: I like the idea of a system disruption ability and how it could affect the game. However the combination of affects seems a little strong to me. The disabling of Alarms is great and is a good way to regain stealth control without having to stop in the middle of battle for a console. Also, rather than have a target, maybe have this ability as a radial burst that will stop alarms if it hits a console and can also hit enemies disabling shields or abilities (Such as Osprey Shields). The resetting of timers seems a little too much especially for spy missions, perhaps it just adds some more time (8-10 seconds maybe?).

I may seem really nitpicky here but its because this concept really does interest me and I think it would be great to have a frame that truly embodies the ninja stereotype we all think of. Its a great concept, good job 🙂

Edited by (PS4)TwistedInstincts

Yeah, I realize it's a little overpowered (It's a fantasy after all). but maps are very large and its just not practical to crouch or even just walk through them, and I'm not sure how reduced invisibility(?) would work, Invisibility is a rather on/off thing, the enemy either sees you or doesn't.  - maybe bullet jumping and/or sliding would disrupt the invisibility, I know I do both almost constantly to get around faster, that would make it a little less OP without making me feel like a snail.

I like your suggestion for light phase a lot. The idea is obviously to make spy missions much easier but this gives it added versatility.

Kavat Whistle started as a radial stun, then my friend said spider swarm, then it went to Kavat, I kind of agree the Kavats are a bit too much, but I'd be perfectly happy with it being a radial stun again.

As for Placate it only reset alarms - it did not reset timers - it paused them for 15 seconds similar to the ship charge ability for the default ship. 8-10 might be better, I'm fine with that. I like your idea to make it a burst also.