Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out for Volt's Speed!!

malekas

A short rant (And hopefully drawing more attention to) about a issue that people have been complaining about for while.

VOLT'S SPEED!

I keep getting paired with these high strength, low duration, Volts who constantly spam Speed. I'm ready to start aborting missions that have a Volt in them. News flash for Volt players, not everyone likes that buff. In fact, a lot of players hate that buff with a passion. It completely messes up our movement. This has really become an issue when I decided to use Titania just for fun. Huge mistake. If you think Titania bouncing off of walls and losing all momentum was bad before, try it with Volts speed making things ten times worse.

We need a way to opt out of the buff. Backflipping doesn't help when the Volt has a 10 second duration speed. I would end up needing to backflip every ten seconds.

23 minutes ago, malekas said:

We need a way to opt out of the buff. Backflipping doesn't help when the Volt has a 10 second duration speed. I would end up needing to backflip every ten seconds.

was about to say to backflip, but yeah i guess it can become like limbos rift tear. Just have like a mini lightning storm or something

17 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

was about to say to backflip, but yeah i guess it can become like limbos rift tear. Just have like a mini lightning storm or something

Hell no we had this before and everyone hated it. Go solo if that annoys you that much tbh, in most cases the speed buff is more than welcome.

Its a total pain in the arse and we all know it.

Its not the fact that we have a speed buff - its the way it happens - completely arbitrary at some point during the game you are suddenly moving at twice the speed. Its never when you are in amongst a pile of mobs where extra speed is welcome - its always when you are doing that tricky bit of parkour or timing a well placed combo and BAM the second half of your manoeuvre is twice speed and you fell/missed/some other annoyance.

What would work is if there was an opt IN instead of an opt OUT.  When volt puts in his speed boost at a time to suit himself, there is say a 10 second window of opportunity where the rest of the squad can either press a key or do a manoeuvre and go yeah I want my speed buff now and  get the buff, or they can think "this is totally inconvenient I will give this a miss and just ignore it.

Edited by beercritch

I don't see the problem, but I got the quick and sharp reflexes of a 42y old. :tongue: 

Why not? And while we're at it why not an option panel to disable all possible buffs you don't want (I'm not fond of unasked rift-walking).

I love the Volt buff and I got a specific run build for Wisp-Farming you wouldn't like at all.

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Go solo if that annoys you that much tbh

I really dislike this sort of comment.

Go solo on the off chance you run into this specific Warframe again (which is 1 out of the 35 we have) using this specific sort of build (which isn't a guarantee). How exactly does completely shunning the entire multiplayer aspect of the game solve the problem?

Frankly, given the number of times I've seen the response ''just play solo then'' you'd think the entire community want to be loners.

@ OP DE are aware of the fact that the buff is so distasteful for some and have made several attempts to tweak it in the past. I'd suggest creating an actual feedback thread on the matter, or seeing if there's any that are currently active. There was one, I haven't checked it recently so it might have died.

this may be obvious but just stay away from the volt and you won't have the buff applied.

or make a team with your clan without a volt or with a volt who will warn when he will use it, either way, the issue you are having is with public games and not being able to predict what will happen 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)MegBethany6 said:

this may be obvious but just stay away from the volt and you won't have the buff applied.

or make a team with your clan without a volt or with a volt who will warn when he will use it, either way, the issue you are having is with public games and not being able to predict what will happen 

So basically the same with Equinox maim? Go faster than Equinox? Make a clan without Equinox or team without Equinox? Saryn as well? Or every other frame thats hindering on other players? How about a whole different server specially without Volt rather than changing the mechanism on one frames gameplay?

Option to disable volt's buff won't work for long because soon they will whine post a constructive feedback saying that they can't "play" because The Flash Volt finished every objectives before they even get there. Threads about nerfing volt's speed will pop up because "muh gameplay" and another frame will be ruined yet again. Sounds far fetched but this is Warframe's community so anything goes.

17 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Option to disable volt's buff won't work for long because soon they will whine post a constructive feedback saying that they can't "play" because The Flash Volt finished every objectives before they even get there. Threads about nerfing volt's speed will pop up because "muh gameplay" and another frame will be ruined yet again. Sounds far fetched but this is Warframe's community so anything goes.

That's what I was thinking. When I meet volts with speed builds (or I use him) it is usually mission where you need to get places fast. Be it doing a cap or exterminating. Usually anyone not getting the boost ends up just running through a map that is empty and are playing catch up the rest of the mission. So I see how opting out would alleviate the problems of your frame handling differently due to the boost, but the other option would be being left behind by the group and just running through an empty tileset which would eventually also get complaints. 

13 minutes ago, alfaomega04 said:

That's what I was thinking. When I meet volts with speed builds (or I use him) it is usually mission where you need to get places fast. Be it doing a cap or exterminating. Usually anyone not getting the boost ends up just running through a map that is empty and are playing catch up the rest of the mission. So I see how opting out would alleviate the problems of your frame handling differently due to the boost, but the other option would be being left behind by the group and just running through an empty tileset which would eventually also get complaints. 

Your right - and thats why I say if volts speed boost remains then the squad should have the option to opt in so they can keep up if thats what the map dictates.

But on the other side of the coin when the map is ESO infested ship and the whole map is all platforms I dont want to have to backflip every 45 seconds to have a controllable speed around the map. 

My only gripe is the automatically opting in to a random boost of speed. 

4 hours ago, Talinthis said:

personally it doesn't bother me but it is hilarious seeing every thread with at least one person saying "go solo"

because in this case they are ...right? 

Speed is objectively a good buff and if you can't manage to move with it, it's your incapacity, not the skill problem. Moreover you have already a quick option to opt out, and I don't see the problem in doing 1 or 2 backflip in a mission.

If the thing bother you so much, then just go solo or make premade parties, do not pretend to "fix" something 90% of people out there appreciate and find usefull.

3 hours ago, kambinks said:

So basically the same with Equinox maim? Go faster than Equinox? Make a clan without Equinox or team without Equinox? Saryn as well? Or every other frame thats hindering on other players? How about a whole different server specially without Volt rather than changing the mechanism on one frames gameplay?

it seems like only a very small minority seem to have an issue with these skills and normally only in low-level content.

if you don't like the certain content choose not to interact with it, don't force change on people who enjoy it the way it is 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)MegBethany6 said:

it seems like only a very small minority seem to have an issue with these skills and normally only in low-level content.

if you don't like the certain content choose not to interact with it, don't force change on people who enjoy it the way it is 

In the expense of the one Volt in the party forcing me to play and enjoy the game the way I want to play it? Basically nullifies your self centered argument. And is it even practical to stay away from a Volt in an objective based game like this? 

Not asking for the buff to be removed but changed because the current doing backflip to opt out of the skill is not practical. Something like how we remove Limbos banish would be less intrusive than doing backflips every 10 seconds otherwise resorting to melee spamming and call it "gameplay".

4 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Honestly about half the time I see this happen, the player rushing usually ends up dead and needs to be rez'd.  

But I do agree with what you said about the forum reaction.  It's very hard to make everyone happy.  

They tried the speed pick up and the MAJORITY deemed it was far more impractical than just letting those vocal minority (like op) backflip to opt out.

I think the majority of players appreciate the speed boost.

They probably won't add a toggle because then it becomes hard to trouble shoot things in the future, I think they prefer everyone to be playing the same game more or less. Toggle ideas for everything just isn't realistic.