Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out for Volt's Speed!!

malekas

1 hour ago, kambinks said:

In the expense of the one Volt in the party forcing me to play and enjoy the game the way I want to play it? Basically nullifies your self centered argument. And is it even practical to stay away from a Volt in an objective based game like this? 

Not asking for the buff to be removed but changed because the current doing backflip to opt out of the skill is not practical. Something like how we remove Limbos banish would be less intrusive than doing backflips every 10 seconds otherwise resorting to melee spamming and call it "gameplay".

I'm 100% sure that us Volts don't force you to play with us. That's your own choice.

As a valkyr with 1.6 sprint speed already, I really don't feel like running into every wall, slow door, or obstacle out of nowhere especially without warning and then every 6-15 seconds after, nor do I feel like backflipping *That* often either. It's actually worse when you play with Nezha who already has a personal speed buff AND the passive ice skating so he's even more at risk to run into everything under the sun if hit while under his own firewalk.

4 minutes ago, Frostfire_Chimera said:

Looks like some people need more reminders to read the wiki 
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Speed

You can take toxic chroma or valkyr for a reload/melee speed buff without effing up your mobility in the process, and they do it better and for longer as well plus added bonuses like increased armor and a damaging aura that bypasses everything and is only inefficient against 1 faction.

The movement system in this game allows players to fly through tilesets. While you may not be used to, or may not enjoy 333-347% strength Volt speed, you can adjust to it overtime. I would support a better opt-out if it was something I wouldn't do on accident while performing parkour maneuvers. I would check out this thread regarding this topic:

I believe that if you truly dislike specific Warframe buffs on your team, you can always not play with those players. This includes Volts, Limbos, etc. I understand your frustration, but I think the current Volt powers are properly tuned for the game.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 hours ago, Cloud said:

because in this case they are ...right? 

Speed is objectively a good buff and if you can't manage to move with it, it's your incapacity, not the skill problem. Moreover you have already a quick option to opt out, and I don't see the problem in doing 1 or 2 backflip in a mission.

If the thing bother you so much, then just go solo or make premade parties, do not pretend to "fix" something 90% of people out there appreciate and find usefull.

this is important to discuss since no one seems to know the underlying issue.

We could "fix" this ability in a large variety of methods, some more effective than others. We could pretend that we would have solved a major matchmaking issue here, where people are now generally feel "safer" to play pubs because their gameplay will not be plagued by a speed volt/equinox/saryn (insert complaint of the month here)

we could pretend that

Or instead of blaming the frame, learn to work with the buff

a buff that increases reload speed, melee attack speed and movement speed

a buff that can easily be opted out of with a backflip

I can already hear you saying;

"But Phanini!" you will exclaim, "I don't want to have to back flip every 10 seconds to opt out of a 2x MELEE ATTACK SPEED and 65% RELOAD SPEED BUFF"

Well friend by the time you backflip once, the volt is already out doing the mission, so no worries, he's already making your life easier.

This may sound like a joke, but what if DE allowed each player to have a speed limit that they could set? Technically moving fast is no different than aim sensitivity so players should be able to control how fast they move. That way if Volt wants to go crazy he won't hurt me when using a Rhino with Arcane Vanguard and Rush as I could set my upper limit. Just leave the default setting uncapped and then each player can decrease their speed cap as needed.

Besides, no one wants to be told how to play and backflipping all the time can be annoying. Then you have the fact that you may want a speed buff but you don't want to go too fast and in the end it really is about gving the player control over how they want to play even though you think 200+% power strength Volt is great.

5 minutes ago, JDxBarracka said:

No clue why people don't like his speed buff. Its so dope. I am not buying the messing up of movement excuse lol

Excuse? Why does there need to be an excuse?

Warframe's mobility arguably requires more skill than many other games, and a lot of the reason people get so good at it is due to muscle memory. 

Rarely do many people actually have to think about the parkour, because you know the distances you'll travel, when you need to roll or double jump etc.

A completely random speed buff throws all of that into disarray.

But you know what, it's been explained repeatedly so I'm just going to join in with the ignorant generalisations.

I don't understand why people would like Volt's Speed buff. I guess you all must be new to the parkour and only ever run on the ground in straight lines, right?

It's still bizarre to me that people are so scared of their gameplay experience being slightly different that the refuse any kind of change, even beneficial, because it isn't their FAVORITE way.  Maybe actually look at the screen and modulate your inputs to take advantage of the increased speeds?  The idea that having a speed-spamming Volt in your squad would make you want to quit out of the mission is ludicrous.

11 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

It's still bizarre to me that people are so scared of their gameplay experience being slightly different that the refuse any kind of change, even beneficial, because it isn't their FAVORITE way.  Maybe actually look at the screen and modulate your inputs to take advantage of the increased speeds?  The idea that having a speed-spamming Volt in your squad would make you want to quit out of the mission is ludicrous.

Hehe.  Ok I'll bite.  How about having a speed Volt in a bow only sortie.  While that Volt is spamming speed, tell me how well your bow shots are going to work out for you.  Maybe even sniper only sortie instead.  

Just an example so you can get an idea of why a sudden speed boost might not be the best thing.  😀 

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hehe.  Ok I'll bite.  How about having a speed Volt in a bow only sortie.  While that Volt is spamming speed, tell me how well your bow shots are going to work out for you.  Maybe even sniper only sortie instead.  

Just an example so you can get an idea of why a sudden speed boost might not be the best thing.  😀 

I don't see how it would affect anything in those circumstances.  Can you elaborate?

2 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

I don't see how it would affect anything in those circumstances.  Can you elaborate?

Precision, I know Dark uses a controller and I certainly find that merely using the right joystick to aim isn't always enough. 

Generally I (and presumably others) will incorporate strafing into their aim, particularly with slow firing weapons like a sniper, a sudden speed boost will reduce the effectiveness of that by causing you to overshoot. 

Not really a big deal on KB+M, but can be noticeable at times.

4 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Having a sudden unexpected speed boost while you're aiming/shooting leads to you missing your shot.  If that Volt is spamming, then you would be missing quite a few shots with those weapons.  Especially bows.  

As Monkey said above, this mostly happens while strafing and leading targets.  

The only way the speed boost wouldn't effect those weapon's shots would be if standing stationary while making your shots.  

38 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't understand why people would like Volt's Speed buff. I guess you all must be new to the parkour and only ever run on the ground in straight lines, right?

Cause its TOTTALLLY IMPOSSIBLE to parkour indoor with volts speed correct??

Literally so many volts and ppl using volt speed have dealt with it as a non issue , the only ones remaining are the one's with the excuse "I can't  because XYZ" cool

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

snip

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

snip

I always forget about Console players.  Maybe controller users need an easier way to opt-out.

That said, wouldn't you be bullet jumping in the first place rather than strafing on foot?  Otherwise, you can modulate your speed by just running instead of sprinting?

I want to experience this first-hand so that I can understand where the people in these threads are coming from.  Maybe we can arrange a simulation?

1 minute ago, RealPandemonium said:

I always forget about Console players.  Maybe controller users need an easier way to opt-out.

That said, wouldn't you be bullet jumping in the first place rather than strafing on foot?  Otherwise, you can modulate your speed by just running instead of sprinting?

I want to experience this first-hand so that I can understand where the people in these threads are coming from.  Maybe we can arrange a simulation?

Both of the weapons I mentioned are ones that you usually have to aim with while shooting.  So you aren't really ever sprinting or running when firing them.  Volts speed boost effects all of this.  

It's not a problem if you know when its going to kick in.  Thing is that most non-Volts never know when that's going to happen.  

2 minutes ago, JDxBarracka said:

Cause its TOTTALLLY IMPOSSIBLE to parkour indoor with volts speed correct??

Literally so many volts and ppl using volt speed have dealt with it as a non issue , the only ones remaining are the one's with the excuse "I can't  because XYZ" cool

Such a strawman deserves no response.

1 minute ago, RealPandemonium said:

Depends on the circumstances, bullet jumping is hardly precise so you'll have to correct your aim upon landing. Having your feet moving at tap dancer speed really won't help with that.

In fact, I can't imagine many controller users using a bow/sniper whilst bullet jumping for the same reasons, you move too fast to aim precisely. 

Honestly I would just want a complete opt out rather than an easier opt out, the movement speed is irritating, the attack speed ruins my combos and the reload speed is meaningless.

1 hour ago, JDxBarracka said:

No clue why people don't like his speed buff. Its so dope. I am not buying the messing up of movement excuse lol

Not everyone likes the same things you do, imagine that. You think it's dope, I think it's annoying as ****. But I have no choice. If there's a Speed happy Volt in the party I have to adjust my movement for the strength of his Speed. Depending on whether it's a low strength or high strength completely changes how I need to adjust.

26 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In fact, I can't imagine many controller users using a bow/sniper whilst bullet jumping for the same reasons, you move too fast to aim precisely. 

I've been practicing doing just that.  But I'm crazy like that.  😀 

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

"It's still bizarre to me that people are so scared of their gameplay experience being slightly different that the refuse any kind of change, even beneficial, because it isn't their FAVORITE way.  Maybe actually look at the screen and modulate your inputs to take advantage of the Stasis effect?  The idea that having a Stasis spamming Limbo in your squad would make you want to quit out of the mission is ludicrous."

Yup, works like that too.

The main issue isn't that I can't play my favorite way, it's that I need to completely change how I move just to compensate for the specific strength of the Volt's Speed.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yes you are, but the very fact you have to practice it proves my point. More speed is bad for aim. :clem:

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this, although if I did I'd probably have a mental breakdown. Only controller I have is the steam controller... a touchpad instead of a joystick is... not a good thing for aiming.

30 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Both of the weapons I mentioned are ones that you usually have to aim with while shooting.  So you aren't really ever sprinting or running when firing them.  Volts speed boost effects all of this.  

It's not a problem if you know when its going to kick in.  Thing is that most non-Volts never know when that's going to happen.  

If you're aiming down sights and not moving fast while doing so, why does Volt's speed affect it?  We should meet up so you can show me in real time.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

It's crazy to try to develop skills in a video game?! 

Aspiring for something better is certainly not crazy; it's admirable.

3 minutes ago, malekas said:

"It's still bizarre to me that people are so scared of their gameplay experience being slightly different that the refuse any kind of change, even beneficial, because it isn't their FAVORITE way.  Maybe actually look at the screen and modulate your inputs to take advantage of the Stasis effect?  The idea that having a Stasis spamming Limbo in your squad would make you want to quit out of the mission is ludicrous."

Stasis would remove your ability to shoot enemies, not alter it.

4 minutes ago, malekas said:

The main issue isn't that I can't play my favorite way, it's that I need to completely change how I move just to compensate for the specific strength of the Volt's Speed.

So once in a while when you get a Volt with this semi-common (amongst already uncommon Volt players) build, you have to modulate your inputs to be able to perform at a higher output, and this is a game-breaking problem that requires developer attention?  Or you can't be bothered to learn a new skill because privilege.  

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yes you are, but the very fact you have to practice it proves my point. More speed is bad for aim. :clem:

More speed is good for everything but precision, until you calibrate your own inputs to be more precise.  Some people may have smaller limits due to disabilities, etc, but generally this is a matter of comfort vs performance.

I also really wonder about how often you even encounter this supposed issue.  Do you guys have a cabal of Volt players following you with the uncanny ability to stalk you through matchmaking?  I barely ever see Volts in the first place, so Speed is a rare treat for me.  Hit me up in-game if you want to show me in person; I'm legitimately interested now.  

15 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

If you're aiming down sights and not moving fast while doing so, why does Volt's speed affect it?  We should meet up so you can show me in real time.   

That's the thing.  You are not moving fast at first until suddenly you are moving fast because of a random speed boost.  You will usually miss the target when using precision based weapons.  

I'm actually shocked that you never experienced this looking at your start date.  

edit: As for the crazy thing, DeMonkey knows that I like to do things in game that seem crazy to most others.  Like melee a group of enemies with Ivara or Mag, and facetank juggernauts using Ember.  

Edited by DatDarkOne