Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex and Dread nerf

Irritable_Sloth

I can't recall what patch this happened in, but in case some of you haven't noticed, our beloved Amprex and Dread were figuratively taken from us.  The base Critical Hit Chance was reduced from 50% to a jaw-dropping 32%, essentially meaning you cannot proc red criticals without a high quality riven mod, something the overwhelming majority of players can barely hope to obtain.  May I remind you that it was the red-crit mod build that made these weapons remotely viable.  Dread is now mediocre, and poor poor Amprex is in everyone's trash bin becasue the entire premise it was made upon was taken away from it.  Amprex was pathetic enough in the past if you consider how many damned Forma it takes to make it usable, and even at its very best, the damage falloff late-game was staggering; but now it feels worse than the Kraken or Seer.  Warframe is now host to over 340 weapons and, as a MR25 veteran, I can only say 93 of them are reliable.  Yes, I just went through the entire codex and made a carefully considered tally count, and yes, less than 30% of the weapons in the game are worth owning.  God knows why DE thought they should bring that down to 91 by ripping the joy out of Amprex and Dread, I truly cannot imagine how this decision was approved. Amprex and Dread were hardly the game-breakers Simulor or Tonkor used to be (less so for Amprex) by comparison.  I'm really sorry I couldn't bring my "reasonable and calm" attitude to this thread, but DE really screwed up here, in my opinion and the opinions of everyone I discussed this with (approximately three-dozen opinions, and not one of them was "okay" with this nerf).  All the effort, time, and money people put into Amprex builds was essentially spat upon for no reason.  I'm sure no small number of players could have invested up to 350 platinum (NOT counting how much some paid for in riven mods) in acquiring a good Amprex that wasn't laughable like the other 70% of weapons featured in Warframe.

I know no one should care about my opinions, but I have to demand that you return their base critical hit chance back up to 50% (or higher).  This isn't the experience that we are paying real money for.

Dunno man, Amprex is still a beast, red crits or nah

Saying it's no longer reliable is a bit... exaggerated to say the least

(And I played Dread yesterday without being aware of this nerf, it still is good though)

Edited by Chewarette

3 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Sloth said:

I can't recall what patch this happened in, but in case some of you haven't noticed, our beloved Amprex and Dread were figuratively taken from us.  The base Critical Hit Chance was reduced from 50% to a jaw-dropping 32%

Just went to my Arsenal.
Base Crit Chance of Dread is 50%.
So what are you talking about?

Dread's crit is only 25% if you fire it uncharged. It was always like that.

Amprex is a lot stronger, so I don't understand what OP is on about.

Amprex

Hotfix 22.13.3

• Perfect accuracy and high fire rate is balanced by limited range and damage ramping up from 10% to 100% over 0.8 seconds when firing and decays back to 10% over 1 second after stopping.
  • Mastery Rank increased from 5 to 10
  • Damage increased from 7.5 to 24
  • Fire Rate decreased from 20 to 12
  • Status Chance changed from 20% per sec to 22% per tick of damage
  • Critical Chance decreased from 50% to 32%
  • Critical Damage increased from 2.0x to 2.2x
  • Max ammo capacity increased from 540 to 700
  • .5 Ammo consumption per tick of damage
  • Aimed Zoom reduced from 2.23x to 1.4x

Hotfix 22.13.4

• Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

Update 22.14
  • Fixed Beam weapons not being able to damage enemies (alive but in a ragdolled state) when being affected by certain ‘crowd control’ Abilities.
  • Damage now ramps up over 0.6 seconds and after moving off target there is a delay of 0.8 seconds before it starts to decay over 2 seconds.
  • All Beam weapons now start their Damage ramp up at 20% (instead of 10%).
  • The Multishot chance should now apply more consistently with Beam weapons.
  • Weapon Range Mods (like Sinister Reach) no longer affect the distance of chains for chainable Beam weapons (like the Amprex). Main Beam distance is still affected by them.
  • Fixed Beam weapons continuously firing when quick Meleeing.
  • Chain Range increased from 7.5m to 10m.
  • Damage reduced from 24 to 22.

Dread

Update 8.0

• Introduced

Update 22.12

• Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 5
  • Charge speed increased from 1 to 0.5 seconds

So about the Dread you are very mistaken.
Amprex had overall a few buffs

being a veteran or having high mastery has nothing to do with incapability to testing out the weapons. Amprex is beastly. Crazy strong, better than tigris prime (which I know is no longer really saying much since it's dated now). With the right build you shred through any content. While I do have a riven for the amprex with crit chance and crit damage, a friend of mine recently did a video on the amprex and showed that even with basic mods you can still obliterate any level content.

Quite honestly, I'd recommend the approach of testing before concluding things are useless. You never know what combination or weapon is, while heavily underused, still really strong.

The beam changes were devastatingly powerful for Amprex.  Ammo economy buffed through the roof, status changes make procs more common, and higher crit damage(and base damage!) means the crits you pull out (enhanced by kavat, harrow, rivens, whatever) deal more damage than before.

Those changes did nothing other than make one of my favorite weapons much stronger, and more popular. 😛

orange and red crits aren't as amazing as you make them out to be. An orange crit deals slightly less than double damage, and red crits deal slightly less than triple. I haven't the slightest clue why people think orange crits are so amazing when in reality they merely double your damage. Do they think it deals the crit multiplier squared or something?

A - Dreads' Stats have never changed? i don't understand. the only thing that changed about it is like other Bows, the Charge Time was reduced. objectively a buff.

B - Amprex has lower Crit Chance now yes, but....

• Damage increased from 7.5 to 24
  • Fire Rate decreased from 20 to 12
  • Status Chance changed from 20% per sec to 22% per tick of damage
  • Critical Chance decreased from 50% to 32%
  • Critical Damage increased from 2.0x to 2.2x

the Weapon was SIGNIFICANTLY buffed overall.

Edited by taiiat

All beam weapons had a HUGE BUFF when Status/sec was completely removed from the game.

Things melt with the Amprex now. You should probably test your **** before you make misleading statements and complain on the forums.

Btw, Amprex barely killed anything above Lv40 when it was still a Status/sec weapon, even if it did red crit. Now, nothing stands for any more than 5-8 secs with the beam weapon patch (especially Lv155+ enemies).

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23