Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw primaries - Please?

LuckyCharm

Hey all, with venus coming up and what looks like a gun shop teased I'd like to suggest the addition of zaw primary weapons (this may already be what the shop is for but..), particularly of the attachable accessory kind. By this I mean the addition of different scopes, red dot sights, laser sights, thermal scopes, additional stability grips, silencers,  that sort of thing. Add to that the ability to choose ammo type/element by changing the weapons clip type and have the weapon type based on the stock and barrel. 

I think it'd be great for example if I wanted a sniper with a red dot scope that shot cold based ammo I could build that. Or by changing the barrel and stock I could get an assault rifle or smg. 

DE pls?

That's already what they are doing ... although I don't know about the elemental damage types or what they will do.

Yes, custom guns are coming.

They are already doing Zaw primaries in Venus, though they will definitely be called something else like Solarian weapons or something.

The guns are very likely to be mostly Corpus based weaponry, so more likely to focus on beam/projectile weaponry than the hitscan weaponry that the Grineer operate.

It would be interesting if they added in some gun arcanes which could take care of some of the more unique aspects of weapons. Some of the things you suggested are already in the game like a thermal sight (for example, the Argonak has a thermal sight while aiming down sights). It might be nice to have the option of scoping in for most guns, but I'm not sure its necessary in most cases, especially given the projectile/laser nature of Corpus weaponry. Something like highlighting enemies on the other hand might be nice.

Anyways, hope to see the system revealed for us at Tennocon.

Build-a-guns are coming with venus, yes.

I'm not sure what everyone's obsession is with zaws.  They're exactly like the usual boring no-special-effect stat shakeup weapons we'd get in the tenno reinforcements packs occasionally.  Except they're ugly, don't take skins, and have to be levelled up twice before you can actually start using them.  The plague zaws are the most interesting ones, and all they did was have viral damage. :T

Edited by KochDerFrettchen

3 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

I'm not sure what everyone's obsession is with zaws.  They're exactly like the usual boring no-special-effect stat shakeup weapons we'd get in the tenno reinforcements packs occasionally.  Except they're ugly, don't take skins, and have to be levelled up twice before you can actually start using them.  The plague zaws are the most interesting ones, and all they did was have viral damage. :T

Says someone who has obviously never used exodia hunt, triumph, valor or brave... especially hunt. Out eight months and I don't think the player base has realized the true power of these things (I'm the only player ever using them in pugs). Rest of the exodia, including plague star, are meh or garbage (never ever waste resources or plat on force until it is buffed again).

Leveling up melee weapons is super fast once you have the right naramon node unlocked and use a mission like Akkad that grants bonus melee exp. I can usually finish a zaw out from craft to 2-4 forma in well under an hour pugging akkad. Aesthetics, to each his own, but I think lots of the zaws are really good-looking, and the balla daggers are gorgeous IMO.

To the actual topic, I'm excited about the zaw guns because they will probably have cool augments, be customizable to playstyle, and will crash most of the conventional ranged weapon riven market into the ground, allowing lots of poor players to get really good rivens much cheaper than the gouge that goes on now.

Edited by Buttaface

3 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Says someone who has obviously never used exodia hunt, triumph, valor or brave... especially hunt. Out eight months and I don't think the player base has realized the true power of these things (I'm the only player ever using them in pugs). Rest of the exodia, including plague star, are meh or garbage (never ever waste resources or plat on force until it is buffed again).

Leveling up melee weapons is super fast once you have the right naramon node unlocked and use a mission like Akkad that grants bonus melee exp. I can usually finish a zaw out from craft to 2-4 forma in well under an hour pugging akkad. Aesthetics, to each his own, but I think lots of the zaws are really good-looking, and the balla daggers are gorgeous IMO.

To the actual topic, I'm excited about the zaw guns because they will probably have cool augments, be customizable to playstyle, and will crash most of the conventional ranged weapon riven market into the ground, allowing lots of poor players to get really good rivens much cheaper than the gouge that goes on now.

Not interested in blowing the resources on maxing them out.  I think I have about four different exodias, none make me want to use zaws or dump more resources into them.

'obviously never used' - w-

15 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Build-a-guns are coming with venus, yes.

My obsession with zaws are because their combination makes them MY weapon, which I've built, gilded and named while putting it's parts together in the order I chose. It's a whole lot better than generic melee sticks like the orthos that are the same as literally anyone elses orthos. That and the stats are generally what I've picked, if i want puncture i can get puncture, if i want slash I can get slash etc. It's much better than being forced into using some weapons simply because they have better ips spreads than others. 

16 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Not interested in blowing the resources on maxing them out.  I think I have about four different exodias, none make me want to use zaws or dump more resources into them.

'obviously never used' - w-

Don't want to "blow the resources" on the most powerful weapons ingame atm? In a game where many weapons require lots of resources? OK That's your choice.

37 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Don't want to "blow the resources" on the most powerful weapons ingame atm? In a game where many weapons require lots of resources? OK That's your choice.

Considering you can dunce most missions with pretty much anything built right, yes. - w-

Rather spend the time formaing & rolling rivens for things I find fun.  If you like zaws, that's good for you.  @LuckyCharm answered my confusion much better than you did, they obviously enjoy zaws for what they are. 'Power' is blah, most gear has enough power.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen