Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Desiccation Augment Idea

Prince-of-Space

Lifesteal is pretty useless when you're not taking damage like at all since the whole room is blinded and also because he's already getting a ton of heals from his passive so removing it won't be harmful.

On the flip side, sand shadows are totally garbage uselessness so wasting an augment/mod slot for this would be a bad idea.

4 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

The HP regen from finishers isn't attached to Inaros's 1, its part of his passive. Either way, wouldn't be useful or fun. What fun is it to spam 1 and just kill stuff one by one with covert lethality?

His 1st has lifesteal on it. Read the ability on the wiki. 

Secondly, what you described is exactly how I play Inaros and its super #*!%ing effective.

18 hours ago, m0b1us1 said:

What fun is it to spam 1 and just kill stuff one by one with covert lethality

I don't personally play him like that (max range spin to win sandstorm  ftw) but that is the prevailing meta playstyle for inaros. Especially as levels increase it becomes the only effective playstyle for missions that require killing enemies (if you're using inaros).

Edited by JarodDempsey

Covert lethality is probably only needed to kill sortie Noxes with their pesky non-armor damage mitigation.
Everything else keels over from finisher damage, irrespective of the weapon you're using.
Use exploding rockethammer to kill whole groups with 1 finisher (aoe damage scales with target HP). Does chain, so "Evrything asplode".
Slide attacks hit everyone normally, don't heal, but also don't trigger the finisher animation, and DO get the increase in damage (also works quite well with above weapon).
Sneak attack Inaros can clear pretty quickly if the density is good enough.

On 2018-06-22 at 9:39 PM, Prince-of-Space said:

His 1st has lifesteal on it. Read the ability on the wiki. 

Secondly, what you described is exactly how I play Inaros and its super #*!%ing effective.

First, work on reading comprehension as well as experience. All of Inaros's abilities have a "life steal" component that heals based on the damage dealt. How much it heals varies from ability to ability. If you are missing HP and cast your 1 on a group of enemies, the damage will start healing you (it will be small) before you even execute an enemy.

Secondly, its effective for you, but highly ineffective for anything sub level 300 or sortie level nox. I guarantee that I can take a plague zaw and kill 10 corrupted gunners and 10 corrupted bombards faster than you can with covert lethality.

Trust me, Inaros is by far my most used and strongest frame and I have sunk some solid hours into this game. You can't trust the wiki on everything, I know things about Inaros that even the wiki doesn't have on it.

10 hours ago, JarodDempsey said:

I don't personally play him like that (max range spin to win sandstorm  ftw) but that is the prevailing meta playstyle for inaros. Especially as levels increase it becomes the only effective playstyle for missions that require killing enemies (if you're using inaros).

That is incorrect and the common view point of people who don't play Inaros that much. That is only the meta when going for extremely long survival missions as later on when the enemies hit level 400+, covert lethality becomes the quickest way to kill them. However that is also reaching the point where Inaros can be easily bursted down even through double arcane grace or the more effective grace guard (about 30% more EHP from grace guard as opposed to being able to tank only about 1/6 more constant DPS from double grace). So if you are planning on going that far solo, Ivara is the go to choice.

Like I told the other guy, I guarantee that I can kill enemies multiple times quicker and in far greater number with a decent pole arm and never using my 1.

Really, the only Inaros I see spamming the 1 and covert lethality combo are those that don't know what to do with him because it's the easiest. Any decent pole arm will give you far greater KPS in almost every single scenario than using 1 and covert lethality.