Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury

FitzSimmons

17 hours ago, DjKaplis said:

Yea regular staff combos feel better...especially flailing branch. And wukong needs knockdown immunity while swinging like it is when swinging galatine...the staff is supposed to weigh 8 tons accordimg to lore xD 

ikr, especially the right button mouse combo, slamming electric pole but doesn't do damage to enemy

Two things

first off, the way Primal fury works atm, the most range you can ever get with the staff is 4 to 5m. this is with max range and primed reach. Specifically at any time, you can have no more than +200% range on the Iron staff. the range bonus counts reach mods, meaning that with primed reach and max range which adds 53% range per, a single hit on any enemy and you are at max range.

my newest zaw, which uses a staff grip and the scythe blade (Dokrahm) hits around 10m away with primed reach.

so first suggestion

Removed the 200% bonus range limit. range bonus will now stack untill the total range of the iron staff is 10m.

bonus per hit remains the same, inital reach of 2m remains the same.

Second, i really want to see a Primal Fury stance overhaul.

first off, each button push in the basic combo does only one hit, even with the spins and such. it makes it a really bad stance...

this is the current look of the thing, note that the knockback of boulder rush is not marked here. the number of hits for every button push on each combo is only one actual hit, this is despite the number of spins and visual strikes.

Falling Oak Buster E E E E
Spinning Crash Technique* E E  Pause E E E E
Rolling Boulder Rush* E E RMB +E E E E
Cyclone Lightning Strike* E E  HoldE E E E

is how it is but here is how i think it should look

Falling Oak Buster E x2 Ex2 EImpact b120%
Spinning Crash Technique*

Ex2 Pause E E Ex2 E x3/100%

Rolling Boulder Rush* Ex2 RMB +Ex2 EImpact b150% EImpact b 150% E8?cb=2015081117430410?cb=20171102215516200%
Cyclone Lightning Strike* Ex2 HoldE150%  Ex3 E200% E200%

to explain, the first two hits are now one button press instead of two, this allows greater ease in selecting your combo with higher attack speed bonuses. in particular the pause combo is quite hard to pull off reliably.

additionally, in applicable situations where the staff moves enough in such a way that it would make contact multiple times, it not hits multiple times. the throw on Spinning crash and the rotation on Cyclone lightning now produce multiple hits and strike 360 around Wukong. additonally some added damage on Rush and Strike.

rush in particular has decreased range on the actual attacks, and is the only combo set that could be left alone.

16 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Two things

first off, the way Primal fury works atm, the most range you can ever get with the staff is 4 to 5m. this is with max range and primed reach. Specifically at any time, you can have no more than +200% range on the Iron staff. the range bonus counts reach mods, meaning that with primed reach and max range which adds 53% range per, a single hit on any enemy and you are at max range.

Umm...does that mean that actually putting on primed reach all this time has been foolish on my side as the 200% bonus range is INCLUDING equipped range mods??! Ffs...I guess another thing for me to test in simulacrum...and if that's true...that would be just another kick to the poor monkey.