Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't hide in void for sortie Kela De Thaym?

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

Changing to operator and hiding in the void for the orbital strike is a known tactic against Kela De Thaym. I swear I've done it plenty of times outside of sortie.

But twice now it doesn't seem to work in sortie. I go into void, I get hit, I am returned to my frame, my frame gets downed.

Anyone know why? Is it just me?

17 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Pretty sure. I was Trinity.

I'm interested in what difference using channeled abilities makes though? Why would that affect operator in void?

If you are using a channeled ability, your Warframe only has 90% damage resistance instead of 100%.

If your Warframe takes near fatal damage in this state, you are kicked out of your operator and back into your near-dead Warframe.

21 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

If you are using a channeled ability, your Warframe only has 90% damage resistance instead of 100%.

If your Warframe takes near fatal damage in this state, you are kicked out of your operator and back into your near-dead Warframe.

Hmm, interesting.

I have just stumbled upon this -> https://www.tennoclocknews.com/warframe-update-22/ that says...

• When in Operator mode, Warframes now have a 90% damage reduction from enemies if an ability is active during Transference. If no ability is active during Transference, you Warframe is invulnerable and untargetable.

... which suggests it's not just channeled abilities.

And if so, that would at least explain it. Pretty sure I had link running when entering operator.

And 90% damage reduction would probably be enough outside of sortie but even 95% reduction from link and blessing on Trinity and sortie Kela can down her easily so 90% ain't gonna do much.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

38 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I didn't even try. But I got killed by something (not rollers for sure) while I was in a Limbo's Cataclysm, so maybe something is just buggy here.

Hahaha, damn rollers man - as soon as I went into operator mode the rollers came charging.. They formed ferrero rocher pyramids round my operator and frame.

Overall - the game was a lot buggy last night, and I mean a lot. Current crop of updates didn't do it good imo.

12 minutes ago, kyori said:

Ya I think this was stealth changed. Might be good as it is more challenging?

It was like this since forever.
It was never just channeled abilities. Whenever you had one of your abilities active, your Warframe had 90% damage reduction, when using the Operator.
People just didn't read the Patch Notes properly and made things up.

I feel better. I had only done that mission once before, but I was sure I could hide in the void during the strikes. But I swear a few times I died while in the void, so I stopped going operator at all and just went into "manic rabbit" mode.

Can Limbo hide in the rift from the strike?

IIRC, your warframe doesn't become invincible when you go into void mode. It just becomes untargetable, i.e., enemies just ignore it, and damage reduction still applies. Can't remember which patch changed it, but it could be the other way around, from being untargetable to be being invincible.

If you have any skill active, channeled or skills with a timer (Blessing, Shattered Glas, and such), then you can be targeted.

Edited by Guest

hace 52 minutos, (PS4)iQuedas dijo:

IIRC, your warframe doesn't become invincible when you go into void mode. It just becomes untargetable, i.e., enemies just ignore it, and damage reduction still applies. Can't remember which patch changed it, but it could be the other way around, from being untargetable to be being invincible.

If you have any skill active, channeled or skills with a timer (Blessing, Shattered Glas, and such), then you can be targeted.

Its invincible , and always was that way since day 1 of the patch (you can easily test it with status like poison ... or being close to bombard explotions ) . 

I used to use void mode to hide in the void while the missiles did their 10% damage to my Oberon during Kela Sorties. It worked fine for most part every time, but apparently this time it didn't. I thought it was the missiles one shotting my operator, because I don't remember my Oberon getting one shot by the missiles if there's the 90% damage reduction in place, even on things like elemental enhancement.

Makes me wonder if they changed the resist on the WF, or that the missiles are really piercing the operator's void mode.

If you have a friend, have one be a damage dealer frame (as in exalted weapon), the other one be a Limbo (Mesa was my personal choice). Have Limbo ban the damage frame (Kella can't reach you, but the rift can't stop your ability) and tear Kella apart. Stay inside the rift during bombings.