Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Rift Change?

Fox_Starwind

So I have played Limbo off and on ever since I got him and now with Limbo Prime being out, I decided to run a few missions with the regular Limbo. While on these missions I noticed some things that wouldn't affect me at all while in the rift before were now affecting me. For example, the challenge room on Lua where that security eyeball shoots those blasts at you and you have to trick it to destroy those 4 pillars? Yeah, for some reason those blasts killed me even while in the rift. Also, while running a capture mission, the capture target was not affected by Cataclysm or Banish.

By comparison, up to the Plains of Eidolon, the one and only thing I had ever come across that was able to affect me while in the rift was AoE blast effects. But even then, the blast did no damage but did knock me down.

Is this an undocumented change? or is it a bug? I'm sure you are aware that Limbo's ability changes do not reflect on the skill screen in the arsenal, but I was not able to find anything about any changes aside from stasis...

il y a 10 minutes, Fox_Starwind a dit :

Also, while running a capture mission, the capture target was not affected by Cataclysm or Banish

These units are immune to CC

il y a 10 minutes, Fox_Starwind a dit :

for some reason those blasts killed me even while in the rift

I guess they're considered as void damage or something.

il y a 11 minutes, Fox_Starwind a dit :

AoE blast effects

I think that was a bug that got fixed. I could be wrong though.

12 minutes ago, Fox_Starwind said:

I know capture targets are immune to CC like Stasis, however, if sending someone into or out of the rift is considered CC, then that is news to me.

yep they are immune to that as well, but its not new ^^

They've always been immune to Banish, Stasis, and Rift Surge, but you could still put them in the Rift with Cataclysm as of Limbo Revisited.  Not that useful, so I've not tried it since.  Turrets on Lua should certainly not be Void damage, that's got to be a bug.  Environmental effects, though - like traps on Kuva Fortress Defense tile, or fire spots from Kat-sitters - are apparently supposed to damage across planes.  While other things were fixed, IIRC these two have been left alone. Maybe something to do with temperature in the Rift interacting with material plane or something.

3 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Because it would make capture even easier than they already are.

that's the point it already is easy, you walk up to them shotgun to the face once and they go down so why limit abilities.

it baffles me that capture targets and syndicate are 99% immune to CC when DE supposedly care about lore, then again nullifiers were introduced into the game suddenly 1 day with 0 lore and 0 justification so they must not care that much about lore

9 hours ago, mactrent said:

They've always been immune to Banish, Stasis, and Rift Surge, but you could still put them in the Rift with Cataclysm as of Limbo Revisited.

That was why I made this thread. Cataclysm did not put the capture target in the rift.