Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

about Umbra & Meta : 2 sides of a coin.

RickyZen

once in a while, im wondering about the whole Umbra & Meta discussions i see on the game chat. i love to see those discussion where people share their own way of playing Umbra but there are some players who somehow, forcing others to follow a single Meta that they believed is the strongest which, in my vision of playing Warframe, is still equal to everyone's way of playing. everyone knows how to use Mods and Arcanes but somehow when someone suggest a Meta of Mods and Arcanes and currently there is a Meta being used, that Meta is kinda ignored even though this Meta has potential to achieve greater play in the game, and thus i begin to think "is it so important to play with this "Meta" thingy?". i mean, my whole journey in Warframe from Mastery 1 to 10 is kinda like turbulence of a plane (stuck on a mission, Teralyst Drama, Onslaught abandon Etc.) but im not seeing or even following any Meta on my journey. like "you have to use this, and that" but instead i improvise myself by finding a weapon that suits the condition to complete a mission or quest. no Meta, just play..

which is why i love this game, no limitation to what you want to do and what you want to use. freedom and availability, all suits to my dream of a MMO game. of course grinding always exist but Warframe never gives me any hard grind like "you have to spam this mission for whole week/months to get enough materials to craft this" but instead "help other players while getting materials you need" is all i do to get those weapons i need. a thing that i've never found in any MMORPG or any other MMO games i've ever played.

and for the Umbra Excal, i've seen an increase in discussing this particular warframe that i've been using for Relic Mission, most of them are about last Hotfix (22.0.3) that remove the Umbra Passive of Energy upon Contact with Orokin Death Orb. this discussion is not only become some kind of interesting topic but also resulting in dissagreement in the community, i understand that this removal is part of Umbra/Quest changes but if i remember correctly, Excal Umbra is actually Prime Warframe right? in Chinese build, this is called Excalibur Umbra Prime and looking at the model of helmet and body of it, this is a Dark Prime version of Excal right? a prime warframe with Darkness theme? so why the passive got removed? the only info i found about this removal is from my in-game friend saying that "the Founders are kinda salty with the Umbra" ..i need more confirmation about this but really? being salty? come on, so many players are wishing to get their hands on the Excal Prime but they can't because its a Founder Pack, which in majority of players today, are not available to them so they wish they can get a Warframe that is Equal to Excalibur Prime so DE added this "The Sacrifice" quest as a way to give players nowadays a Warframe that is equal to Founder's Excal Prime Warframe, to give them the same exact Warframe that Founder get although with different color. and if i remember correctly, The Sacrifice patch note also included a change where Excal Prime Armor increased from 225 to 300, which is Equal to Umbra's Armor stat. so that means same Warframe, equal stat, different color. no difference between the two. (Skiajati Nikana may make it different but its no other than Dragon Nikana, modified to suit with Umbra's theme)

so, salt aside.. its not about Meta or Excal Umbra/ Excal Prime debate that makes this game so good and full of satifaction, but the freedom, availability and cooperation is the true gold of this game, you can get any item you want in this game without any paywall thingy, you can spend million dollar on this game without any regret or dissapoint, you can spend thousand of hours in this game without any struggle or progress-stopped. you can enjoy this game like a movie by playing the main quest. there is so many ways you can play the game that when you thought you've picked the wrong way, it is actually the right way. (Ugandan Knuckles meme somehow works here) and the plus side, DE always give you free items in every occasion (Twitch Drops, Contest, 24 Hour Alert after every Devstream) so :

Playeth the game without struggle, playeth the game with thy own way, thither is nay limitation yond can cease thou from playing, thou wanteth to beest stout killer, an effective healer, or Elemental Warrior. 't is up to thou to decideth.

P,S : thanks to my wacky warframe friend, im in love with Shakespeare language, due to fact that he speak like that everyday..

Well the thing is in china it is Excalibur UMBRA PRIME. We however have just Excalibur UMBRA technically speaking. And yes i know they look the same.

While he had some prime features (most likely just carried over from CN) he is treated as non-prime by Baro and DE (they said that in the death orb change note). 

So imo the orb change is just there for consistency. On this note Umbra still has Skana Prime as his Javelin which should be changed too imo(why should a non-prime have a prime feature?) whether this all is further influenced because some founders were salty or not i dont know and i try to give always the benefit of doubt.

The only umbra thing i am wondering about is how CN will handle The Sacrifice.

Edited by Airikr