Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic resolution doesn't seem to work

NekoHaxor

When dynamic resolution came out, it was the saving grace for me, since finally my game wasn't super choppy all the time. I took a break from the game since then, and dynamic resolution doesn't seems to do anything, and my FPS now averages 45 FPS in multiplayer, often dipping below it.

Shouldn't dynamic resolution lower the render resolution so that a desired FPS(either a set value, or the refresh rate) is achieved? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the resolution.

3 hours ago, NekoHaxor said:

When dynamic resolution came out, it was the saving grace for me, since finally my game wasn't super choppy all the time. I took a break from the game since then, and dynamic resolution doesn't seems to do anything, and my FPS now averages 45 FPS in multiplayer, often dipping below it.

Shouldn't dynamic resolution lower the render resolution so that a desired FPS(either a set value, or the refresh rate) is achieved? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the resolution.

Dynamic resolution will mostly be beneficial for situations where the GPU is under a large amount of stress. If your framerate is being hindered by something that is keeping you CPU bound (and not your GPU) then it won't make as much of a difference. With that said, if you're not seeing any difference in your resolution at all then there could be something wrong. 

Can you try verifying your download cache next time? This can be found by clicking on the little cogwheel located at the top right corner of your Warframe launcher.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I have some problems actually when playing full squad.
When enemies start spawning anywhere  (they dont appear on my screen) My fps goes down from 90-80 to 50-40... Playing alone are at 90-80 or in the worst case at 60.
It does not matter what map, it happends anywhere. Resolution in game is 1920x1080.
No v sync on.
Tried everything on the launcher enabled and disabled different options.

Tried all different options in game display conf... x8 x4 off... all options disabled, all options enabled...
All my drivers are up to date.

My specs are FX 8320 3.2 Eigth Core, GTX 1050TI 4 GB, 8gb ram, and the gpu and cpu are at 40° most of the time... so is not over heat.

13 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Dynamic resolution will mostly be beneficial for situations where the GPU is under a large amount of stress. If your framerate is being hindered by something that is keeping you CPU bound (and not your GPU) then it won't make as much of a difference. With that said, if you're not seeing any difference in your resolution at all then there could be something wrong. 

Can you try verifying your download cache next time? This can be found by clicking on the little cogwheel located at the top right corner of your Warframe launcher.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

My CPU is an i7-6700HQ at 2.60GHZ with turbo to 3.10GHz I think, but my GPU is a GTX 960M since it's a laptop, so my GPU is definitely the problem here. The thing is, dynamic resolution used to work for me before. I also tried to verify my download cache, it unfortunately didn't fix it.