Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet another Founder whining about something

OriVerda

I'm proud of being a Founder, I'm happy with what I've received from DE even if it isn't something that will win me fights against level 100+ enemies. I wouldn't reverse my purchase for anything.

But sometimes, well, a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile. Sometimes it's a badge of honour, most times it's the mark of Cain.

Points and Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
hehe

I joke...just what I imagined people doing when you said it was a mark of Cain lol.

Edited by Synpai

Yeeeah, with that glyph you're not exactly making an effort to hide it.

Also, it's nothing to be ashamed of if you're not being a $&*^ about what you have that others don't, ergo, if you're not being a garbage person, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. At that point, just let it glide off and write it up as someone being triggered and jealous.

Edited by Lanadra

6 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

I'm proud of being a Founder, I'm happy with what I've received from DE even if it isn't something that will win me fights against level 100+ enemies. I wouldn't reverse my purchase for anything.

But sometimes, well, a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile. Sometimes it's a badge of honour, most times it's the mark of Cain.

Don't be afraid of the trolls who can't respect what you did for this game. Founders are the only reason this game ever took off and succeeded the way that it has, so from me at least thank you for taking the risk on a crazy fledgling game that I now get to enjoy every day. And anybody who doesn't like your well-earned status, forget them.

Edited by Lannen
Typo

Why not make an alt account and use it on the forums? DE employees do it for obvious reasons, why shouldn't you?

And since it won't interfere with your main account in any way (you won't play it), it's not against the EULA :)

Edited by tprx

8 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Changed glyph in-game, took a bit for it to refresh on the forums.

Lol, I like your new glyph.

Also, don't be ashamed of being a founder. As long as you don't flaunt it in everyone's face, I don't see why you shouldn't be proud of having supported the game way back when. Haters will be haters. Don't let them get to you.

I do feel bad for some of the founders. DE certainly hold y'all in high regard, but a vocal minority come onto the forums with petty complaints and tout their founder status as if it makes them better than everyone else and ruin the community's perception of founders.   

14 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The badge can't be removed so what's changing the profile pic gonna do?

If someone looks at your profile, nothing. As they'll see your badge. In game, upon entering a game in progress or joining a squad before a match, not seeing that Excal Prime glyph will prevent someone from immediately becoming triggered. And while I can't speak for others, I don't look at people's profiles every time I enter a squad.

Honestly unless someone starts their post with essentially "I'm a founder and" or "something something because I'm a founder" ..... I'm not going to take any more notice of the little founder badge than I am going to take notice of what frame someone was playing in a random PUG game.

29 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It seems like bashing Founders just for being Founders would qualify as Bullying under the Forum guidelines but I have never heard of it being enforced as such.

18 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

If someone looks at your profile, nothing. As they'll see your badge. In game, upon entering a game in progress or joining a squad before a match, not seeing that Excal Prime glyph will prevent someone from immediately becoming triggered. And while I can't speak for others, I don't look at people's profiles every time I enter a squad.

Why do we need to work to prevent someone from "immediately becoming triggered" in the first place?

Another person's pre-conceived notions are their problem... If a profile pic on loading is enough to "trigger" someone into being abusive, they were an abusive player to begin with just looking for someone to be abusive to.

Basically, imo, you just bullied the OP into changing their profile pic...Congratulations. Thanks for the update @OriVerda

Edited by Padre_Akais

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

It seems like bashing Founders just for being Founders would qualify as Bullying under the Forum guidelines but I have never heard of it being enforced as such.

Why do we need to work to prevent someone from "immediately becoming triggered" in the first place?

Another person's pre-conceived notions are their problem... If a profile pic on loading is enough to "trigger" someone into being abusive, they were an abusive player to begin with just looking for someone to be abusive to.

Basically, imo, you just bullied the OP into changing their profile pic...Congratulations.

Oh no not at all! I was going to change it anyway!

2 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Oh no not at all! I was going to change it anyway!

That's good to know!

You starting a thread basically saying you sometimes felt ostracized for being a Founder only to have another Founder blast your profile pic was a bit much imo.

37 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Basically, imo, you just bullied the OP into changing their profile pic...Congratulations. Thanks for the update @OriVerda

I honestly think you are right, who the hell cares if they get triggered or not, if you let pixels on a screen bother you that much then that's there problem.