Jump to content

TennoGen Round 13 - Accepted Items!


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeaaah and 20 accepted items apparently isn't enough. And the fact that sometimes it's like 10 and sometimes it's 20.

Some pieces just were not good enough - no matter how much you like it, your opinion is always just yours i.e subjective, or techincal issues. Deal with it.

Haha. I am dealing with it just fine. I'm just not buying TennoGen anymore, but somehow ended up in conversations after posting said feedback. Go work out your anger issues and/or PR speak elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Anyone who believes there aren't spots is fooling themselves. They have limits, they just don't go in with a set restriction.

 

If there weren't allocated availability we'd see significantly more TennoGen.

Why would they impose a limit on "tennogen slots?"  If I remember a couple of rounds ago, they accepted a *huge* number of items.  So many they had to split them into three batches to actually add them to the game.

I'm pretty sure that if items aren't accepted in a given round, it's because they actually aren't "tennogen ready" yet.  As in, something about the texture or model files isn't right, or the overall look isn't quite what the devs are willing to accept in terms of style and "fitting in" with the visuals of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 часа назад, (PS4)Vagnar сказал:

Haha. I am dealing with it just fine. 

As evident by your passive-agressive posts and personal attacks. Yep.

Цитата

Why would they impose a limit on "tennogen slots?"  If I remember a couple of rounds ago, they accepted a *huge* number of items.  So many they had to split them into three batches to actually add them to the game.

They don't but people's memory is too short and there's a certain % of ***hurt players that seem to rarely get skins for their trash unpopular frames so they get hella salty as the result.

I swear this kind of conversations happen alsmost EVERY round and still they don't learn.

Edited by -Temp0-
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'm not too hyped about this round, I was kind of hoping for the Khora Shiv Helmet to make it. I will be purchasing Faven's Nekros skin and maybe one of the syadannas. But who knows maybe the Shiv helmet, the Khora Mithra skin along with the two hyped Equinox skins will make it next round.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, based on my favorite frames. I'm sure there are other WF players who are excited for the other items released this round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

As evident by your passive-agressive posts and personal attacks. Yep.

They don't but people's memory is too short and there's a certain % of ***hurt players that seem to rarely get skins for their trash unpopular frames so they get hella salty as the result.

I swear this kind of conversations happen alsmost EVERY round and still they don't learn.

The passive aggressiveness came from the snarky "Deal with it." Give and take, and it's a stupid thing to say because yes, it puts people on the defensive.

If you actually go back and read through my posts, I've made it clear I fully accept this is entirely their decisions and their processes. I simply don't like it and I'm tired of seeing what feels like the same stuff every round for largely the same frames.

 

When I say limits, I'd compare it to shopping for... whatever you like shopping for. You don't normally go into the store with an exact limit, but you still have an internal block when you hit a certain point. As you start throwing more and more things in the cart, you start thinking "ok I may have gotten too much" and you consider cutting yourself off and even reevaluating if you actually want everything you've put in there.

 

That's what I'm talking about when I say limits, and there's no denying certain artists and certain frames get chosen MUCH more consistently than others, and by human nature, that reduces the odds of the likelihood of other stuff making the cut (as well as creating a side effect that discourages content creators from making content for the less selected/represented frames).

Honestly, if they did what they did for the Halloween round every time, where they said "this round we'd like to see more submissions for X and Y, and assuming the content quality is up to snuff, those will receive a degree of priority next time but won't be the entirety of the round," I'd be a lot more excited for these announcements again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

That's what I'm talking about when I say limits, and there's no denying certain artists and certain frames get chosen MUCH more consistently than others, and by human nature, that reduces the odds of the likelihood of other stuff making the cut (as well as creating a side effect that discourages content creators from making content for the less selected/represented frames).

Honestly, if they did what they did for the Halloween round every time, where they said "this round we'd like to see more submissions for X and Y, and assuming the content quality is up to snuff, those will receive a degree of priority next time but won't be the entirety of the round," I'd be a lot more excited for these announcements again.

Certain artists get chosen more often because (in many cases) they've already had a number of items accepted.  And therefore could reasonably be expected to have a better idea of what DE is looking for in terms of model and texture quality and setup, and what it allowable in terms of aesthetics.  Certain warframes are more common simply because that's what more artists want to make content for.  I'm sure the reasoning varies across different creators.  But at a guess, Excalibur gets picked a lot because simply put, nearly everyone has him.  He's a "safe" choice to make content for, because he has the largest audience.  He's also a relatively simple model (compared to Nidus, Chroma and Khora for example) and probably easier to make textures for than some of the newer, more complex Warframes.

Short version:  Excalibur gets picked more often because creators submit far more content for him.  DE can't choose from content that isn't available, and some frames have little or no content being submitted for them.  If you don't like it... maybe you should consider becoming a creator and submitting your own content for the ones you feel are being ignored?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Certain artists get chosen more often because (in many cases) they've already had a number of items accepted.  And therefore could reasonably be expected to have a better idea of what DE is looking for in terms of model and texture quality and setup, and what it allowable in terms of aesthetics.  Certain warframes are more common simply because that's what more artists want to make content for.  I'm sure the reasoning varies across different creators.  But at a guess, Excalibur gets picked a lot because simply put, nearly everyone has him.  He's a "safe" choice to make content for, because he has the largest audience.  He's also a relatively simple model (compared to Nidus, Chroma and Khora for example) and probably easier to make textures for than some of the newer, more complex Warframes.

Short version:  Excalibur gets picked more often because creators submit far more content for him.  DE can't choose from content that isn't available, and some frames have little or no content being submitted for them.  If you don't like it... maybe you should consider becoming a creator and submitting your own content for the ones you feel are being ignored?

I understand the grand finale of your post is just a throwaway copycat line for free upvotes, but literally everything you said prior circles back to the point I previously made.

 

why would I seriously invest the time into learning and mastering something that really isn't that important to me (seriously I was just leaving feedback) when I already see numerous stellar works on there not being selected? Why would I waste that much effort knowing it most likely won't make the cut?

 

Tell you what though, as long as you literally go out and master a skill and become 100% self sufficient in all things you've ever seen that disatisfied you, no matter how important, I'll give it a shot as well.

 

Anyway I'm done here. Speaking up just attracts yes men. I'll speak with my wallet instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this fighting and hatred/disdain being thrown about over some skins in a videogame. What is the world now?!? For some reason Tennogen threads always have high levels of saltiness and toxicity even though it's just a bunch of cool looking skins. 

There is no point in fighting over something so small!!

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

All of this fighting and hatred/disdain being thrown about over some skins in a videogame. What is the world now?!? For some reason Tennogen threads always have high levels of saltiness and toxicity even though it's just a bunch of cool looking skins. 

There is no point in fighting over something so small!!

Its bound to happen when you have a really dedicated and perhaps obsessive fanbase . 

I think what makes so many people upset that while style is always debatable you can pretty much set a base line for what looks better on say a scale of 1-10 . 

Besides that and DE not giving any clear guidelines really drive people crazy .

 

ps still waiting on that nION syandana 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Futarrari said:

I think what makes so many people upset that while style is always debatable you can pretty much set a base line for what looks better on say a scale of 1-10 . 

Very true but the one thing that makes me really angry is when people just say a whole round of Tennogen sucks because they didn't get the one thing they wanted. From what I've seen many people don't base it off the looks of items but rather base it off of "Did I get the one of the many things I want?" "No, then this Tennogen round is useless and trash!" In the last round I saw people complain about there not being the BOTL skins by BeastBuster and here I saw maybe only a few people actually get excited about them finally being accepted.

Round 12 was my favorite because of the 2 Chroma skins and the Mithra syandana but some people just disregarded it and said "This is the worst round ever!" but they don't ever appreciate the actual work put in for that to happen. I would love to see the look on their faces if DE just cancelled Tennogen (though I don't want that) because they were so toxic about it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (XB1)Futarrari said:

I think what makes so many people upset that while style is always debatable you can pretty much set a base line for what looks better on say a scale of 1-10 . 

Besides that and DE not giving any clear guidelines really drive people crazy .

A lot of the pieces mentioned in this thread didn't get accepted for style reasons (i.e. too literal hair/fabric treatment, etc.) or technical reasons. It can be really difficult to gauge how a piece performs going by screenshots alone - we actually had some pieces included in this round that ultimately got rejected because once we added them in-engine, we saw some glaring technical issues that weren't apparent on the workshop. 

The beauty of this program is that you have a mix of different skill levels and experience in the industry, from full-time professionals, to those just learning how to model. If a piece shows promise, and the creator is willing to work with us, we do our best to offer feedback to guide them in the right direction. It's a tricky balance between maintaining creator agency while still accepting pieces that don't look too out-of-place for a faction, or for the game as a whole. 

Another common cause behind the "this looks really good but wasn't accepted" situation is a creator not necessarily knowing how a design decision will work in-game. Really fine lines or details might look awesome in a screenshot, but will be a blurry mess in your Arsenal, for example.

TL;DR: It's not necessary a case of looking better, but of style guidelines and technical issues. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
reworded for clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

we actually had some pieces included in this round that ultimately got rejected because once we added them in-engine, we saw some glaring technical issues that weren't apparent on the workshop.

Does this mean that some of the already listed items won't be made?

Or did you remove them before posting the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

Does this mean that some of the already listed items won't be made?

Or did you remove them before posting the list.

Before posting the list. Testing in-engine is a vital part of the acceptance process, and a creation will not be added to the list until it passes the test!

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 46 Minuten schrieb [DE]Taylor:

A lot of the pieces mentioned in this thread didn't get accepted for style reasons (i.e. too literal hair/fabric treatment, etc.) or technical reasons. It can be really difficult to gauge how a piece performs going by screenshots alone - we actually had some pieces included in this round that ultimately got rejected because once we added them in-engine, we saw some glaring technical issues that weren't apparent on the workshop. 

The beauty of this program is that you have a mix of different skill levels and experience in the industry, from full-time professionals, to those just learning how to model. If a piece shows promise, and the creator is willing to work with us, we do our best to offer feedback to guide them in the right direction. It's a tricky balance between maintaining creator agency while still accepting pieces that don't look too out-of-place for a faction, or for the game as a whole. 

Another common cause behind the "this looks really good but wasn't accepted" situation is a creator not necessarily knowing how a design decision will work in-game. Really fine lines or details might look awesome in a screenshot, but will be a blurry mess in your Arsenal, for example.

TL;DR: It's not necessary a case of looking better, but of style guidelines and technical issues. 

 

vor 41 Minuten schrieb [DE]Taylor:

Before posting the list. Testing in-engine is a vital part of the acceptance process, and a creation will not be added to the list until it passes the test!

And this is why you can call yourself "professionals"! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

I understand the grand finale of your post is just a throwaway copycat line for free upvotes, but literally everything you said prior circles back to the point I previously made.

 

why would I seriously invest the time into learning and mastering something that really isn't that important to me (seriously I was just leaving feedback) when I already see numerous stellar works on there not being selected? Why would I waste that much effort knowing it most likely won't make the cut?

 

Tell you what though, as long as you literally go out and master a skill and become 100% self sufficient in all things you've ever seen that disatisfied you, no matter how important, I'll give it a shot as well.

 

Anyway I'm done here. Speaking up just attracts yes men. I'll speak with my wallet instead.

You're making the rather grand assumption that A) I care about upvotes, and B) have any idea what would get upvoted.  I think my Likes rating would be a lot higher if either of those were true.  And I don't really think my post circles around to prove your points.  Your points seem to have been (at various times in the thread):

 - That DE has some unspoken limit, and ignores qualified entries once they've hit it.  A DE dev showed up to specifically state this isn't true. 

 - That there is some kind of hidden conspiracy, where DE ignores qualified entries to play teacher's pet with "favored" artists and preferred frames.  I think you're misinterpreting what's going on.  In my opinion, some artists simply produce more content.  This gives them more experience with what DE finds acceptable, and increases the chances of that content being accepted on the first try.

 - Some warframes receive more submissions.  This is true, but not because artists are somehow discouraged from making content for "non favored" frames.  This is probably a combination of the artist making content for frames that they themselves own and want to use, a perception that there might be a larger potential audience for certain frames, and the possibility that some frames are just a pain to work with.  (Equinox has three different forms, each of which would require their own texture *and* helmet in a complete submission.  For the same amount of work, a starting artist could create three different skins and helmets for Mag, a far more common frame.)

Your statement about mastering a skill is just... whatever.  Tennogen is a player driven system.  I was only pointing out that if you feel some warframes are being ignored, you have the *option* of doing something about it.  As opposed to most publishers, where you'll take whatever they offer and be grateful that you got that much.  Of course, since you seem to feel there is some kind of conspiracy and that DE is apparently throwing away money by deliberately ignoring qualified submissions, my suggestion isn't really relevant.

I would suggest that you're not "attracting yes men" who are blindly defending DE.  People keep dropping into the thread and pointing out that you're wrong because... maybe you *are* wrong.  It just doesn't fit in with what you want to hear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

A lot of the pieces mentioned in this thread didn't get accepted for style reasons (i.e. too literal hair/fabric treatment, etc.) or technical reasons. It can be really difficult to gauge how a piece performs going by screenshots alone - we actually had some pieces included in this round that ultimately got rejected because once we added them in-engine, we saw some glaring technical issues that weren't apparent on the workshop. 

The beauty of this program is that you have a mix of different skill levels and experience in the industry, from full-time professionals, to those just learning how to model. If a piece shows promise, and the creator is willing to work with us, we do our best to offer feedback to guide them in the right direction. It's a tricky balance between maintaining creator agency while still accepting pieces that don't look too out-of-place for a faction, or for the game as a whole. 

Another common cause behind the "this looks really good but wasn't accepted" situation is a creator not necessarily knowing how a design decision will work in-game. Really fine lines or details might look awesome in a screenshot, but will be a blurry mess in your Arsenal, for example.

TL;DR: It's not necessary a case of looking better, but of style guidelines and technical issues. 

That's why more feedback is needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Before posting the list. Testing in-engine is a vital part of the acceptance process, and a creation will not be added to the list until it passes the test!

Here's a kind of idea I think would appease a lot of people. This is just a quickie rough draft so make adjustments as needed if you choose to do it:

Make a running thread that openly discusses skins you guys DO like and want to accept but are working with the artist to make it in game viable. Clarify aggressively that these are not guaranteed nor officially selected yet etc.

Open sharing of said information would shut a lot of us up. The most brutal part of this is the silence leading into the announcements.

 

@EmberStar I noticed after replying to Taylor you replied to me and won't be reading other people's replies unless they're from staff. No disrespect but I'm done arguing. I'm here for feedback only going forward.

Edited by (PS4)Vagnar
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Here's a kind of idea I think would appease a lot of people. This is just a quickie rough draft so make adjustments as needed if you choose to do it:

Make a running thread that openly discusses skins you guys DO like and want to accept but are working with the artist to make it in game viable. Clarify aggressively that these are not guaranteed nor officially selected yet etc.

Open sharing of said information would shut a lot of us up. The most brutal part of this is the silence leading into the announcements.

I know Rebecca did something like this originally upon launch, but with the growth of submissions, and out of respect to creators, I've avoided any public mention of "X skin was rejected for Y" reason. Definitely something we can look into if we and the creators feel comfortable, but we don't want them to feel singled out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I know Rebecca did something like this originally upon launch, but with the growth of submissions, and out of respect to creators, I've avoided any public mention of "X skin was rejected for Y" reason. Definitely something we can look into if we and the creators feel comfortable, but we don't want them to feel singled out. 

If I were the one doing said thread, I'd say don't list WHY they aren't viable. Leave that to personal interactions with the creators. Maybe also confirm with them they're cool with having their work listed.

To me, I think it'd be helpful for both people who keep track but also serve as style guidelines for new content creators, since these topics tend to show there's a lot of misunderstanding of what gets accepted and we only have official announcements to base it off of, being able to see the stuff that also fits stylistically but isn't 100% ready for implementation could be a great resource as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered, with tennogen and skins in general is part of the procedure checking that the skins are compatible with all these warframe FX?

Reason being is because dispite not liking the look, functionally I think the change to appeance Nidus's link gives is quite amazing. Is it pre-determined or is the mesh applied more or less random? I guess this applies to other abilities like invisibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...