Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Stasis Change

Aeon94

Stasis recently got changed and it doesn't stop bullets in time anymore. It was a good power to have, line up shots and kill enemies with release of stasis.

DE, can you at least make Stasis freeze projectiles of Limbo ? 

*Lies * I don't want it back just for to cosplay Dio :d

Edited by Aeon94

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ChatNinja:

I like the idea of it but any other person who isn't having their bullets frozen would just wipe the area before you release Stasis

But it's nice if soloing

vor 1 Minute schrieb ToolboxMotley:

I'd quite like it back, myself! And that augment idea sounds interesting. Another potential addition... What if Stasis'd projectiles could hit enemies in either plane once released?

Then limbo would only use his 2...

Get in the rift, stasis, shooting, releasing and again...

10 hours ago, Tendou_Souji said:

I'd personally like it as an augment that fits in the exilus slot like Mesa's Waltz; Freeze your own projectiles and the built up momentum gives bullets a percentage of damage buff for amount of time held in stasis.

DE said Exilus augments cannot change ability attributes, so it cannot increase damage. But I think freezing his bullets doesn't break that rule, so it could work.

10 hours ago, ChatNinja said:

I like the idea of it but any other person who isn't having their bullets frozen would just wipe the area before you release Stasis

Exactly this. It would be useless in teams because your team would just kill them all first.

I enjoyed it the way it was, but with Limbo and allies no longer having their projectiles frozen makes it obsolete. It's unnecessary now except for glamour because you can just shoot them while they're frozen without needing to unfreeze your bullets. 

On 2018-06-22 at 1:25 AM, Nacond said:

Then limbo would only use his 2...

Get in the rift, stasis, shooting, releasing and again...

If you have the energy for it! Energy may not be an issue in Limbo's current state, but 50 energy every time you want to take out enemies that are NOT frozen in the Rift, moving around and getting out of the way of the shot you lined up, will add up quickly. It'd be more for tactical usage than spamming; take out a high-profile target, or set traps in doorways, that sort of thing.

On 2018-06-22 at 6:28 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Exactly this. It would be useless in teams because your team would just kill them all first.

I enjoyed it the way it was, but with Limbo and allies no longer having their projectiles frozen makes it obsolete. It's unnecessary now except for glamour because you can just shoot them while they're frozen without needing to unfreeze your bullets. 

There was actually one particular usage I was fond of; Azima alt-fire. I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but the disc will only damage enemies in the plane you yourself are in, regardless of which plane you were in when you shot the disc. As a result, you could set up multiple discs in the Rift, and then disable it and return to the normal plane while the disc tore through enemies in the area. I liked using it to prepare defenses at multiple terminals in Interception missions, as well as set up an initial large-scale attack in Defense missions to deal with the first big batch of enemies each wave.

I'm not certain as I don't have the weapon, but reading the Wiki leads me to believe that the Zenistar disc would work similarly.

I admit that this tactic is pretty niche, but I still quite enjoyed it, and it was effective. 😞 And I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I think the augment "hit both planes" idea that I suggested above would also make it quite useful.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb ToolboxMotley:

If you have the energy for it! Energy may not be an issue in Limbo's current state, but 50 energy every time you want to take out enemies that are NOT frozen in the Rift, moving around and getting out of the way of the shot you lined up, will add up quickly. It'd be more for tactical usage than spamming; take out a high-profile target, or set traps in doorways, that sort of thing.

Don't think so because it would also work with 75% reduces costs

Because you are the only one in the rift you only need your 2. And releasing it quite often = no need for much duration. 

Edited by Nacond

1 hour ago, ToolboxMotley said:

I'm not certain as I don't have the weapon, but reading the Wiki leads me to believe that the Zenistar disc would work similarly.

I haven't tested it with the Azima, but that sounds awesome. Lol I'll try it out when I get home.

Zenistar is the melee I use with my Limbo loadout. It only affects the plane you throw the disk in regardless of your plane. I use it by throwing it in the physical plane, outside of my cataclysm on one side so that it is killing enemies physical enemies before they get to the bubble, while I kill rifted enemies from inside the rift.

If it was an augment, sure. But being able to use guns w/ stasis up had reignited my love for Limbo and I'd be sad to see it go. Plus then to me, the 50% duration nerf would be a huge bummer to me since I only play solo, so I would have taken the duration hit for nothing.

On 2018-06-27 at 11:59 AM, ToolboxMotley said:

There was actually one particular usage I was fond of; Azima alt-fire. I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but the disc will only damage enemies in the plane you yourself are in, regardless of which plane you were in when you shot the disc. As a result, you could set up multiple discs in the Rift, and then disable it and return to the normal plane while the disc tore through enemies in the area. I liked using it to prepare defenses at multiple terminals in Interception missions, as well as set up an initial large-scale attack in Defense missions to deal with the first big batch of enemies each wave.

I admit that this tactic is pretty niche, but I still quite enjoyed it, and it was effective. 😞 And I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I think the augment "hit both planes" idea that I suggested above would also make it quite useful.

I like your ideas here; Stasis augment freezes Limbo's (and ONLY the augmented Limbo's) projectiles, they deal extra damage when released upon enemies in the Rift, but can also be released upon enemies out of the Rift, with the damagebonus greatly reduced.